Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Blazers

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I think the "IT" factor is a turtle face.

Just like Westbrook's Turtle face.
    He does kinda resemble Westbrook and Derrick Rose, now that you bring it up.

Hornets are the only team that doesnt learn from there mistakes.. sigh, Good game from Anderson everyone else besides rivers, not so good

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    This. I think it was when Derek Fisher hit the game winning 3 a few years back that they established .4 seconds is the least amount of time that can be on the clock for a shot. basically anything less and you can only touch it briefly
    I see you enjoy Reddit.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

I'm just upset that Grevis got the last shot. I would have like the play be for Anderson, Davis, or Rivers these players are the future of this team not Vasquez they should be taking the key shoots. I love the effort we played with in the fourth quarter.

I thought the rule was that there had to be at least 0:03 for a catch and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I thought the rule was that there had to be at least 0:03 for a catch and shoot.
    That's what I thought too. Last time I remember we even got such a look was when Baron Davis took the shot but they waved it off saying "It was physically impossible, so we wave it off no matter what happens."

Jesus, was that really 10 years ago?

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He shouldn't have taken it in the first place, then he starts it with 12 seconds still on the clock. Then, goes under a screen so Lillard has space to throw one up.

Our 2nd unit PG problem is solved though.
    I actually think switching the screen was the right move. In what is essentially a shoot immediately situation for Lilliard, Vasquez trying to go over the screen (after being squarely screened) wouldn't have done anything. If anything, I'd blame Ryno a little bit right there. He did come up and contest, but he should have done it harder and sooner...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    I'm just upset that Grevis got the last shot. I would have like the play be for Anderson, Davis, or Rivers these players are the future of this team not Vasquez they should be taking the key shoots. I love the effort we played with in the fourth quarter.
    I'm pro vasquez everything and he definitely shouldn't have taken the shot, although I don't think it was entirely his choice. He took what was given to him. Glad to see his game being stepped up the past two games though (- TO's), heading into LA on wednesday which I think was his best game this year, should be a good game

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Yep and it worked for Derrick Fisher against the Spurs in that playoff game about 8 years ago

Edit: My bad that was .04 seconds
    Last edited by Eazy-P; 12-16-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I actually think switching the screen was the right move. In what is essentially a shoot immediately situation for Lilliard, Vasquez trying to go over the screen (after being squarely screened) wouldn't have done anything. If anything, I'd blame Ryno a little bit right there. He did come up and contest, but he should have done it harder and sooner...IMO
    There was the option for Vazques to run out and stay on Lillard's hip righ toff the inbound, and Anderson could have tried to trap him. Thats asking a lot of Vasquez and frankly I'd rather Lillard trying that shot than Babbitt wide open.

I think they played it right. Give props to Lillard because he even released it a bit early in his motion. Still made it.

Good effort bringing the team back within striking distance tonight from Ryno, Gravy, Davis, Rivers and Lance. I will not be so hard on Gravy as everyone else has been so far, however his defense and turnover differential needs to improve as soon as possible. On defense he's caught out of position too many times. On offense he's making bad passes at critical junctures during the game. Time will tell though when EG10 gets back into the rotation. Davis needs to hit the weights hard this offseason and improve his conditioning. He looked a little tired tonight. Rivers needs to practice on his mid-range jumpers. Lance needs to improve his mid-range jumper and ball-handling.

Now, it seems Aminu will be traded soon. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Lopez is on the trade table. Your thoughts?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's what I thought too. Last time I remember we even got such a look was when Baron Davis took the shot but they waved it off saying "It was physically impossible, so we wave it off no matter what happens."

Jesus, was that really 10 years ago?
    I always thought it was .4 for shot and .7 for quick dribble and shot.

Vasquez was definitely finding Davis more today, though not enough to everyone's liking. I don't think that is a hard fix, Vasquez did it a lot in Memphis, he's not blind

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There was the option for Vazques to run out and stay on Lillard's hip righ toff the inbound, and Anderson could have tried to trap him. Thats asking a lot of Vasquez and frankly I'd rather Lillard trying that shot than Babbitt wide open.

I think they played it right. Give props to Lillard because he even released it a bit early in his motion. Still made it.
    I didn't even think about the Babbitt option. Smart play from POR coach. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

For the record, one of the main gripes I've had with Monty since year 1 is his ability to draw up a good late game play. Byron Scott was great at those, so was Tim Floyd.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Great effort by the team... Davis ended up having a good game. Anderson was fantastic and Vasquez had the usual good and bad. Huge shot by Rivers at the end as well.

Also I want more Lance Thomas at the 3 from now on. I think he's earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I always thought it was .4 for shot and .7 for quick dribble and shot.
    How about waiting until about 5 seconds on the clock when you have the ball to win it in the first place? Start running some screens and take it from there. Instead we get Vasques taking off 1 on 1 with 12 seconds left.

Awful last possession.

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I see you enjoy Reddit.
    Immensely
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Let's also give it up for What's-his-name! The guy we signed yesterday! He didn't suck hardly at all barely.

If I was Davis I would be mad as hell at Gravy, too many missed opportunities for lobs missed tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    If I was Davis I would be mad as hell at Gravy, too many missed opportunities for lobs missed tonight
    Plenty of potential alley-oops thrown out the window.

His shot
    Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He does kinda resemble Westbrook and Derrick Rose, now that you bring it up.
    While scouting him pre draft my comp was a bigger Tony Parker who shoots like Nash. I had him #2 on my BPA list by a wide margin.

I have watched all his games this year(i feel in love with his play while scouting lol) my only knock is his defense it has been mediocre at best. I projected he would be a plus defender and he hasn't been. He has the tools but Portland's bench is so bad they need him to play 40mpg so maybe he just cant give the effort required or maybe I just overrated his D.

Thread Information