Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trey Burke

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I agree that it's not likely he'll go top 10, which to me is kind of foolish. He's essentially the same size Chris Paul was when he came out. While he may be short, he does have a pretty solid wingspan at 6'5, which should help him defensively.

I just don't see how someone like MCW is being ranked higher than Burke in almost all of the mock drafts I've seen. Sure, MCW has the size advantage (although they have the same wingspan), but Burke is a year younger, a better shooter, has a better PER and PPR, and has the better intangibles.

I'd take him over any other PG easily.

If we are in the 10-15 range and Burke is still on the board, I'm snatching him up and laughing at everyone who passed on him. He has special intangibles. Very reminiscent of Chris Paul. The guy hate to lose - even drills in practice, according to his HC.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we are in the 10-15 range and Burke is still on the board, I'm snatching him up and laughing at everyone who passed on him. He has special intangibles. Very reminiscent of Chris Paul. The guy hate to lose - even drills in practice, according to his HC.
    Every piece of info I've found on him has intrigued me. I'll be watching Michigan very, very closely going forward.

"Originally Posted by jdmcuc
    You guys want AR25 at sg and ship Gordon out?"

"If play on the level of what he did yesterday becomes the norm, I can get behind that. Especially if shipping Gordon out brings Brandon Jennings in."

With a line like this, sign me up for the get rid of Gordon and roll with Rivers future back court.

A. Rivers 18:09 1-5 0-2 0-0 +8 1 0 1 2 0 1 0 0 1 2

I can't wait for the 3 year time frame, that fans have given Rivers, to be over so that we can move on. Rivers is awful and only people on Hornetsreport.com think otherwise. If we get rid of Gordon, we better have a better plan than Rivers.

Can everyone get off the Rivers train for now, we have given him enough bloody time to develop and his only getting worse and less confident every game.. the duds awful now and you cannot have him as our future back court for now.

Can everyone get off the Rivers train for now, we have given him enough bloody time to develop and his only getting worse and less confident every game.. the duds awful now and you cannot have him as our future back court for now.
    Think I'm missing some key context here...

Not to mention you're making no sense. He can't be our future backcourt for now? The future and now are complete opposites. Are you saying we should get rid of him then reacquire him later or something?

it says that people are considering atm that austin rivers is the future for our back court, obviously he aint now because clearly Eric Gordon is in his place.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    it says that people are considering atm that austin rivers is the future for our back court, obviously he aint now because clearly Eric Gordon is in his place.
    I don't think you quite understand how developing a rookie works. Anyway this is completely off topic.

Soooo... a rookie has 2 months to develop or else he's garbage? I get it now.

smdh

If the guy was lazy and didn't TRY to get better, then yeah he might have to go. But the kid has a ridiculous work ethic, and he's working hard, so I'm not ready to give up on the dude after 2 months.

Trey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I don't think you quite understand how developing a rookie works. Anyway this is completely off topic.
    Wait, you mean you mean you don't give up on him in the first half of a season after knowing he'd be project.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Back to Burke....

Again, my only concern is size, which is of particular concern for this team because Gordon is one of the smallest SG's in the league. I love the way Vasquez has been helping out on the boards lately and he can easily switch onto a 2 when Gordon is covering the point.

If Burke and Gordon are your starting guards, what else do you have to put on this team to negate that glaring size problem in the back court?
    @mcnamara247

Trey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Back to Burke....

Again, my only concern is size, which is of particular concern for this team because Gordon is one of the smallest SG's in the league. I love the way Vasquez has been helping out on the boards lately and he can easily switch onto a 2 when Gordon is covering the point.

If Burke and Gordon are your starting guards, what else do you have to put on this team to negate that glaring size problem in the back court?
    Vasquez?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Why not go small with Greivis at the 3? May get killed on the boards, but the passing would be insane.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Why not go small with Greivis at the 3? May get killed on the boards, but the passing would be insane.
    Because Vasquez would get dominated by other teams 3's

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Because Vasquez would get dominated by other teams 3's
    Vasquez has spent time at the 3 this year, and I found those sets to be extremely profitable for the team. I think we ran a Roberts, Rivers, and Vasquez lineup for a 2-5 minute spurt a couple game back. Then again there should be no reason for Vasquez at the 3 if Aminu would just play with energy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Back to Burke....

Davis and an Aminu that continues playing similar to how he did in the last game are going to be excellent rebounders going forward. I think we could manage. Besides, though Burke is 6' he's got a 6'5" wingspan with what looks like a decent vert. Don't have to be 6'6" to be a decent rebounder. Most of the trick is just wanting to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Davis and an Aminu that continues playing similar to how he did in the last game are going to be excellent rebounders going forward. I think we could manage. Besides, though Burke is 6' he's got a 6'5" wingspan with what looks like a decent vert. Don't have to be 6'6" to be a decent rebounder. Most of the trick is just wanting to.
    I'm not a fan of two small guards, but I am on the side that thinks we should trade Gordon.

However if those are the two best options at the 1 and 2 spots you pull the trigger and worry about their size issue later.

Thread Information