Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trey Burke

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Trey Burke

I want to talk about this kid for a second. He is a PG, 6' 190lbs. I really want the horn...ehhhh Pelicans to draft him. Either let Vasquez come off the bench or trade him for anything come this offseason. Burke reminds me so much of Chris Paul; and pairing him with Davis, Rivers and Ryno as our core is just flat out exciting. I have no idea where he will go or what kind of pick we will end up with but he is at the top of my board. Want some of you're opinions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355623475.872604.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	4528

Here are some of his highlights from last year:

http://youtu.be/XAtGlbxvuxM

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I shared my thoughts on another thread, but I see only 2 PG's who really intrigue me in the draft.....Burke and McCollum....if we draft based on our current record, I'm guessing we would go in a different direction...but, the fact remains that I really like him too....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

You can still catch the second half of the Syracuse game, on right now (ESPN3/ESPN Full Court). Michael Carter-Williams has a chance to be the top PG taken in this years draft. Very Jalen Rose-esque. Leading the NCAA in assists, standing 6'6"

As for Burke, most projections have him going in the 20's because of his size and his tendency to settle for the three at times. But I agree, he is an interesting prospect worth watching if the Hornets get a 2nd pick in this years draft
    @mcnamara247

looking at the Michigan game I like what I see from him. If we can get a SF in free agency I would like to draft Burke

Trey Burke

No way this guy is there in the 2nd MM

I think that you go Smart and Carter-Williams before Burke.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

I have been driving the Burke bandwagon since last season.

When I look at the great point guards they all do 3 things.

1. Dictate to the defense with their ability and pace.
    2. Keep their dribble.
    3. Take care of the ball

Sounds simple, but only a select few do at the NBA level.

There are more than enough guys at/around 6'0 that are playing at a high level to believe it won't hold Burke's back. Hopefully we acquire another pick to get this kid. I've said it before I see a ton of CP3 in his game.

I think he is the best PG in this years draft and he has the potential to be the best overall this draft I think he's that good.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-15-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Burke's stats tonight:

27pts
    8asst
    5reb
    3stl
    0to
    12-16 shooting (75%)
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 12-15-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    No way this guy is there in the 2nd MM
    He said 2nd pick, not second rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    He said 2nd pick, not second rounder.
    Yeah my mistake I thought he meant 2nd rounder since I don't think we have one in this upcoming draft.

As the season goes on though if Burke keeps performing I think his stock will rise. I can see him going top 10.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 12-15-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Trey Burke

You guys want AR25 at sg and ship Gordon out?

Very good compliment to however are backcourt will work. But unless we start winning alot of games I think he is a bit of a reach. At the moment I think Shabazz and Marcus Smart are the likely options

I think of AR being our James Harden type 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    I think of AR being our James Harden type 6th man.
    I think as AR our Superstar
    Ballin

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    You guys want AR25 at sg and ship Gordon out?
    If play on the level of what he did yesterday becomes the norm, I can get behind that. Especially if shipping Gordon out brings Brandon Jennings in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If play on the level of what he did yesterday becomes the norm, I can get behind that. Especially if shipping Gordon out brings Brandon Jennings in.
    A Jennings/Rivers backcourt gives me a headache..

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    A Jennings/Rivers backcourt gives me a headache..
    Rivers would probably still come off the bench, but even so. If he can be pretty effective (though not efficient) playing with Monta Ellis, I'm sure he could manage with Rivers.

he could be a great option but SF is a bigger hole and we need to see what Austin can do at PG first

This young man continues to impress. He has a CP3 feel to him. Smart, crafty, scrappy, and just has a passion against losing. If he's not taking in the top 5 picks he should end up as the steal of the draft.

Trey Burke

No one in the media feels he's a great prospect. It looks like he's only considered a borderline lottery pick due to his lack of upside. Most still have McCollum ahead of Burke. I honestly don't know why people dislike him but he needs to have an amazing March and workouts in order to be a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    No one in the media feels he's a great prospect. It looks like he's only considered a borderline lottery pick due to his lack of upside. Most still have McCollum ahead of Burke. I honestly don't know why people dislike him but he needs to have an amazing March and workouts in order to be a top 10 pick.
    It was the same for him coming out of high school. He was Mr. Basketball his Sr. year yet was ranked in the 70's and 80's by must scouting agencies. It one of the reason I like him as a player he plays with that chip on his shoulder.

I feel we could see the samething at the next level if he goes outside the lottery.

He's a very good athlete. Not sure why he's not gettin' more love. But I wouldn't mind selecting TB3.

Trey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Not trying to say I know more than people who do this for a living but is the media always right? This kid is playing at a very high level on an undefeated team. Not to mention he is shooting a great % all around the court. Maybe it is a good thing a lot of people are knocking on him, hopefully he can fall in the draft and we trade for a later 1st and grab him????

The "media" is more projecting where these guys will go than what they think of them personally, and they get those projections from their conversations with scouts and GM's.

Burke can't possibly have a better season than Jameer Nelson had prior to when he was taken and Nelson went in the second half of the 1st round because of his size. With McCollum's injury, maybe Burke is the 2nd PG taken, but I still can't see a scenario where he goes top 10

Thread Information