Pelicans Report

Thread: Any Puddin Update?/Where is Eric Gordon? {merged}

Any Puddin Update?/Where is Eric Gordon? {merged}

Wasn't he supposed to be back this month after rehabing his quads in CA. I guess he's taking the holidays off so he won't miss Santa Benson's Christmas bonus check. Then he needs to wait until the All Star game is over. Then he starts practicing and experiences a tweak in his groin requiring another month of therapy. Don't look for him to be back before
    the trade deadline is over (he may have to work if traded) and definitely not before Orthodox Easter (May 5).

Today is the 6 weeks mark. My guess is maybe he won't come back until the next home game or he may rejoin the team on the upcoming road trip once we land in LA for the CLippers. Would be nice to see him out there against the clippers.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm sick of him not being with the team. Whatever the reason, if he's supposed to be a member, he should be with the other guys now. What kind of rapport could he have with them if he's never around? He's some peripheral entity that everyone expects to meet one day like Santa Clause.

I have no idea who u guys are referring too...............................:............... ..........///..........//..................
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by omalakas View Post
    Wasn't he supposed to be back this month after rehabing his quads in CA. I guess he's taking the holidays off so he won't miss Santa Benson's Christmas bonus check. Then he needs to wait until the All Star game is over. Then he starts practicing and experiences a tweak in his groin requiring another month of therapy. Don't look for him to be back before
    the trade deadline is over (he may have to work if traded) and definitely not before Orthodox Easter (May 5).
    I'm a little confused if you are asking a question or just complaining...irregardless...I believe the answer would be this tweet from Dec 12:

Jennifer Hale @JenHale504
    @Hornets Eric Gordon: quad strength up to 75%. Now participating in 2 a day workouts: 8:30-4:30. Still On track to rejoin team bf year's end

If Dell was telling the truth about why they sent him to LA, then it further emphasizes how poorly this team was ran under the former owners. We have such a crappy facility that we can't even rehab a player correctly. lol

I think Gordon will be back after the road trip, and that is just a wild guess from me.

Any Puddin Update?

I love the Puddin nickname. Much friendlier than China Doll.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Mr glass is still my all time fav. to be honest its been so long without gordon its like whats the point even. i like our young guys earning their stripes, really painful to watch though

I see trade stories all over the net

Somebody hit him up on Twitter and see how he likes his new moniker
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Erm... Where is Eric Godron?

Any news? Thought he was supposed to be back around same time as AD?

hard to know when there is no actual timetable for his return, suppose to be rehabilitating his sore right knee still, i remember seeing on twitter that he promised someone to show up to a match but idk haha

some say he would get back before 2012 ended but we will have to see

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    People need to realize when someone says something like "4-6 weeks" it isn't a timetable, it's more of a estimation.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Jennifer Hale recently said he's still on pace to return to the team before the year's over. So... January is a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    People need to realize when someone says something like "4-6 weeks" it isn't a timetable, it's more of a estimation.
    I don't get how this is so hard to understand.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Jennifer Hale recently said he's still on pace to return to the team before the year's over. So... January is a safe bet.
    January 2014, sure.

i wonder if Eric Godron can stay healthy

You can all have my autograph!

I say he is back Dec28

Isnt today the day he can be traded..

yep

Eric gordon for Loul Deng ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Isnt today the day he can be traded..
    I think I recall Marc Stein tweeting today that it was Jan 15th. This would be news to all of us and I am surprised it hasn't been mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

He's almost certainly headed for microfracture surgery IMO. Nothing to base that on other than the descriptions of what I've read and the fact that he's never tweeting, doing interviews, etc. If he was close he'd be way more vocal about his return, how excited he is, etc.

Hope I'm wrong but I'd bet quite a bit that I'm not.

Thread Information