Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

Defense is a problem because collectively the Hornets are slow and frail bodied. They also lack basketball instincts. Rivers, and Davis are young, Lopez, Smith, and Anderson play hard, but everyone else, including Aminu, and especially Roberts, who is just terrible on defense, are inept. I know coaching plays a role, but some players are just not very bright and require simple sets, and easy assignments on both ends of the floor. Monty may want to play like the Spurs, but his players lack the aptitude, collectively, to do so.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I'm not a Vasquez stan. He is my favorite Hornet right now, and I know he is slow. It's not like I think he is CP3. I think Steve Nash could be his peak, maybe, and that is stretching. But people too often look to the same players as a scapegoat. It is a team loss, and people act like Vasquez is the only player with faults. We got crushed by big men today not, too, not just guards.
    I'd be willing to bet if you could replace the guys on this roster with a competent player at their position replacing Vasquez would make the biggest difference.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Honestly at this point I'd move Greivis for a older PG who could help us weather the storm and deal with growing pains.

Luke Ridnour?
    I'd keep him so we can keep losing. Though he's probably decent trade bait if a GM looked at his stats and not the film. If only you could teach speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I'd be willing to bet if you could replace the guys on this roster with a competent player at their position replacing Vasquez would make the biggest difference.
    This..especially considering how much he has the ball in his hands. He's doesn't control tempo and generally plays in the flow that the defense dictates rather than vice versa.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hornets traded for Devin Harris in my My Player, made them a playoff team.

'course they also traded and got Darrell Wright somehow too.

I haven't watched the game yet but can someone please explain how a 7 foot person only manages 1 rebound?
    Was Lopez boxing out all night for his team mates or is he that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    I haven't watched the game yet but can someone please explain how a 7 foot person only manages 1 rebound?
    Was Lopez boxing out all night for his team mates or is he that bad?
    Pekovic is a lot of human being. I didn't know he wasn't just big he was buff big. Lopez had his hands full just keeping close to him. Had no chance of going after any balls. Not to mention Lopez is woefully rooted to the ground. It's heartbreaking given how much he used to bounce around out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Pekovic is a lot of human being. I didn't know he wasn't just big he was buff big. Lopez had his hands full just keeping close to him. Had no chance of going after any balls. Not to mention Lopez is woefully rooted to the ground. It's heartbreaking given how much he used to bounce around out there.
    Thanks man!
    Is it his knees, back or other....why he can't jump anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I'm not a Vasquez stan. He is my favorite Hornet right now, and I know he is slow. It's not like I think he is CP3. I think Steve Nash could be his peak, maybe, and that is stretching. But people too often look to the same players as a scapegoat. It is a team loss, and people act like Vasquez is the only player with faults. We got crushed by big men today not, too, not just guards.
    yea vasquez could be in steve nash category of pg's one day hahahahahahahahahaha REALLY??? That isn't stretching thats fascinating my man. Straight dreamer right there. smh...And trust me I have been a supporter of vasquez in the past,but it is getting worse n worse with that kid running the point.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 12-14-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Thanks man!
    Is it his knees, back or other....why he can't jump anymore?
    yea many many injuries he has dealt with. Strength was never his strong suit anyways. He has been having a pretty good year tho if u ask me. Especially for what I was expecting out of him. He is gonna struggle with BIG BODIED men tho such as pek. Our all around game on the inside stunk tonight. Not just lopez either.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    yea vasquez could be in steve nash category of pg's one day hahahahahahahahahaha REALLY??? That isn't stretching thats fascinating my man. Straight dreamer right there. smh...And trust me I have been a supporter of vasquez in the past,but it is getting worse n worse with that kid running the point.
    (Some of) yall assume everyone is a man on this forum. Anyway, 38-year old Steve Nash is not out of his reach. You have a crystal ball or something? It's almost like you look forward to him failing.

I would be happier if Gravy would just drive sometimes. He's so slow and doesn't drive to the hoop at all! That is why everybody is so hard on him on the board. It's not that he's a bad player or PG its just that he's not quick and doesn't handle and drive that well.

Bill Simmons just complimented Monty as the "best young coach in the league" and again commended us on how hard we play, how we've gotten absolutely nothing from the most talented guy on our roster, and how our future is bright.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would be happier if Gravy would just drive sometimes. He's so slow and doesn't drive to the hoop at all! That is why everybody is so hard on him on the board. It's not that he's a bad player or PG its just that he's not quick and doesn't handle and drive that well.
    He's the perfect PG for this team right now. Steady, calming, a good leader. Keeps games close. I'm sure we'll have an upgrade for next season but he'll be an awesome 2nd string PG if we keep him around in the future. Probably the best 2nd string PG we've had since we got the Hornets (with apologies to rookie Darren Collison).

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    He's the perfect PG for this team right now. Steady, calming, a good leader. Keeps games close. I'm sure we'll have an upgrade for next season but he'll be an awesome 2nd string PG if we keep him around in the future. Probably the best 2nd string PG we've had since we got the Hornets (with apologies to rookie Darren Collison).
    I agree with that. He drives me because he has the size to post up smaller guards to shot or dish but doesn't. And he has great vision but doesn't handle or drive well. If he could do either one he would be a great starter.

I was thinking trade for Devin Harris too, i mean his a solid PG still young and his on the bench atm

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I was thinking trade for Devin Harris too, i mean his a solid PG still young and his on the bench atm
    I been in that boat for months. I think the tank element to this season will not let it happen.

People are so riding the T-word like there's another Anthony Davis to be had this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Is 29 still young? Unless there's another devin harris
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Pek is literally a Russian grizzly bear. He is having some recurring problems with his knees and/or back lately, though, so I don't know how long he will be able to keep this up.

e: and Devin Harris is not someone we need. He would be an improvement, but not enough of one and he will be falling off a cliff by the time we expect to contend.

I'm not marching along side the tank this year, like Eman said, there is no A.D. in this draft. The best thing we can do is try to win while moving the chess pieces around the board, see who establishes themselves individually as a key piece or potential piece of the puzzle.

I want to WIN! Tanking is not what we are supposed to do this draft. After McNamara mentioned his idea of Dell possibly trading the pick for a young vet, I find that more likely. We have 4 rookies right now. I think we do everything possible to avoid any more raw 19-20 year old rookies.

Monty was extremely frustrated after last nights game. He is tired of using the "we are young" excuse. Monty does not deal well with young players who play like this is college.

I think Monty and Dell will be looking for someone who can come in day 1 and improve the team, not another project 19 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I want to WIN! Tanking is not what we are supposed to do this draft. After McNamara mentioned his idea of Dell possibly trading the pick for a young vet, I find that more likely. We have 4 rookies right now. I think we do everything possible to avoid any more raw 19-20 year old rookies.

Monty was extremely frustrated after last nights game. He is tired of using the "we are young" excuse. Monty does not deal well with young players who play like this is college.

I think Monty and Dell will be looking for someone who can come in day 1 and improve the team, not another project 19 year old.
    That is why i have no problem giving up that number 1 unprotected to the Bucks for Brandon Jennings.

This is amazing. Thank you.

I love u and ur Lupe Fiasco name NH
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information