Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    When daThrone brought up Davis having a negative stat for a few games, I remember this forum saying how +/- is based off of team play. Now when Vasquez has a negative then he just flat out sucks. Love the double standard :/
    -12? Being in the negative isn't the issue. But double digits after a career type of game?

When daThrone brought up Davis having a negative stat for a few games, I remember this forum saying how +/- is based off of team play. Now when Vasquez has a negative then he just flat out sucks. Love the double standard :/
    Your love fest for Vasquez is out of control. You fail to look at the facts when it comes to him. He sucks defensively. He's one of the worst players in the league when it comes to guys averaging 30 minutes per game. Either come with facts to support him or get out.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    -12? Being in the negative isn't the issue. But double digits after a career type of game?
    Davis had -19 for his career game :/ I believe.

Davis had -19 for his career game :/ I believe.
    As a rookie playing in his what first 7 NBA game? Come on now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Your love fest for Vasquez is out of control. You fail to look at the facts when it comes to him. He sucks defensively. He's one of the worst players in the league when it comes to guys averaging 30 minutes per game. Either come with facts to support him or get out.
    Where did I say he was a great defensive player? Either come with facts or {Mod edit-unnecessary}.

How many point guards in the NBA loses games with 15/17/5 on over 50% shooting? The only guy I can think of is Jose Calderon and maybe Ramon Sessions.
    How many PGs get 15 pts and 17 assists? Not many, I'm just appreciating his feat. Rondo has lost two games while dishing out 15 and 20

I've seen one person in this thread say it could be because Gravy is terrible at defense. Don't lump everyone together. Thank you.

If anything it shows once again that that stat is sucky.

As a rookie.
    Yes, move the goal post :/

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I've seen one person in this thread say it could be because Gravy is terrible at defense. Don't lump everyone together. Thank you.
    Where did I say everyone? Comprehension, thank you.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    BTW. Free french fries from McDonalds, baby!

Yes, move the goal post :/
    What don't you understand? A kid playing in his 7th game vs a 3 year player who has started about 50 games?

Where did I say everyone? Comprehension, thank you.
    You said 'this forum'. Address the person you're referring to.

Where did I say everyone?
    Right there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    How many PGs get 15 pts and 17 assists? Not many, I'm just appreciating his feat. Rondo has lost two games while dishing out 15 and 20
    It doesn't matter how many assists you dish out if it's not helping you win games.

Where did I say he was a great defensive player? Either come with facts or {Mod edit-unnecessary}.
    I never said you did, but you don't bring any facts when you defend him. He sucks overall. That's not debatable.

It doesn't matter how many assists you dish out if it's not helping you win games.
    Or when Barea can drive to the hoop with impunity because he's just worlds quicker than you.

We don't hate Vasquez, Ceedee. We just realize that whenever we face a PG with quickness and speed (i.e, most PGs on the NBA these days) unless our gameplan is built around helping Vasquez, we're gonna get torched cuz one PGs get to the lane, nothing but bad stuff happens. Davis can't block everything.

What don't you understand? A kid playing in his 7th game vs a 3 year player who has started about 50 games?
    That was not your argument. You said someone (not a rookie or a vet) with a career night should not have a negative. Now you are trying to qualify that statement.

You said 'this forum'. Address the person you're referring to.
    If it doesn't apply to you, let it go. I'm not going to address like 10 user names. No one is going to look at my post and say, "Oh Hunny thinks Vasquez is trash because Ceedee M said the forum thought so."

So, why bring it up? I'm sure you're not saying you'd rather he didn't have the assists and the +/- margin was larger. Most stats are stupid anyway. Wins and losses are all that matter, not how you get them. I just like to recognize his accomplishment that most people don't get.

Its easy to see why Vasquez's +/- was -12. He doesn't defend at all and he still had 4 turnovers which is terrible. He's really a bad PG and should never start in this league.

we usually get torched by PGs and SFs. Tonight C was the case but thats usually decently covered. Defense is the problem

That was not your argument. You said someone (not a rookie or a vet) with a career night should not have a negative. Now you are trying to qualify that statement.

If it doesn't apply to you, let it go. I'm not going to address like 10 user names. No one is going to look at my post and say, "Oh Hunny thinks Vasquez is trash because Ceedee M said the forum thought so."
    You said this forum and I'm a part of this forum. I think you should let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Or when Barea can drive to the hoop with impunity because he's just worlds quicker than you.

We don't hate Vasquez, Ceedee. We just realize that whenever we face a PG with quickness and speed (i.e, most PGs on the NBA these days) unless our gameplan is built around helping Vasquez, we're gonna get torched cuz one PGs get to the lane, nothing but bad stuff happens. Davis can't block everything.
    I'm not a Vasquez stan. He is my favorite Hornet right now, and I know he is slow. It's not like I think he is CP3. I think Steve Nash could be his peak, maybe, and that is stretching. But people too often look to the same players as a scapegoat. It is a team loss, and people act like Vasquez is the only player with faults. We got crushed by big men today not, too, not just guards.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty Williams very to the point in assessment of D: "Our defense is not even close to what we're used to around here."

Andrei Kirilenko dropped in numerous easy layups for Wolves. Monty: "Our small forwards were absolutely atrocious guarding backdoor cuts."

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Honestly at this point I'd move Greivis for a older PG who could help us weather the storm and deal with growing pains.

Luke Ridnour?

Monty Williams very to the point in assessment of D: "Our defense is not even close to what we're used to around here."

Andrei Kirilenko dropped in numerous easy layups for Wolves. Monty: "Our small forwards were absolutely atrocious guarding backdoor cuts."

iggy could surely help that problem

Thread Information