.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 280

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    When daThrone brought up Davis having a negative stat for a few games, I remember this forum saying how +/- is based off of team play. Now when Vasquez has a negative then he just flat out sucks. Love the double standard :/
    -12? Being in the negative isn't the issue. But double digits after a career type of game?

  2. #227
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    When daThrone brought up Davis having a negative stat for a few games, I remember this forum saying how +/- is based off of team play. Now when Vasquez has a negative then he just flat out sucks. Love the double standard :/
    Your love fest for Vasquez is out of control. You fail to look at the facts when it comes to him. He sucks defensively. He's one of the worst players in the league when it comes to guys averaging 30 minutes per game. Either come with facts to support him or get out.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  3. #228
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    -12? Being in the negative isn't the issue. But double digits after a career type of game?
    Davis had -19 for his career game :/ I believe.

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Davis had -19 for his career game :/ I believe.
    As a rookie playing in his what first 7 NBA game? Come on now...

  5. #230
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Your love fest for Vasquez is out of control. You fail to look at the facts when it comes to him. He sucks defensively. He's one of the worst players in the league when it comes to guys averaging 30 minutes per game. Either come with facts to support him or get out.
    Where did I say he was a great defensive player? Either come with facts or {Mod edit-unnecessary}.

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    How many point guards in the NBA loses games with 15/17/5 on over 50% shooting? The only guy I can think of is Jose Calderon and maybe Ramon Sessions.
    How many PGs get 15 pts and 17 assists? Not many, I'm just appreciating his feat. Rondo has lost two games while dishing out 15 and 20

  7. #232
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    When daThrone brought up Davis having a negative stat for a few games, I remember this forum saying how +/- is based off of team play. Now when Vasquez has a negative then he just flat out sucks. Love the double standard :/
    I've seen one person in this thread say it could be because Gravy is terrible at defense. Don't lump everyone together. Thank you.

    If anything it shows once again that that stat is sucky.

  8. #233
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    As a rookie.
    Yes, move the goal post :/

  9. #234
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I've seen one person in this thread say it could be because Gravy is terrible at defense. Don't lump everyone together. Thank you.
    Where did I say everyone? Comprehension, thank you.

  10. #235
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,325
    BTW. Free french fries from McDonalds, baby!

  11. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Yes, move the goal post :/
    What don't you understand? A kid playing in his 7th game vs a 3 year player who has started about 50 games?

  12. #237
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Where did I say everyone? Comprehension, thank you.
    You said 'this forum'. Address the person you're referring to.

  13. #238
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Where did I say everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    When daThrone brought up Davis having a negative stat for a few games, I remember this forum saying how +/- is based off of team play. Now when Vasquez has a negative then he just flat out sucks. Love the double standard :/
    Right there.

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    How many PGs get 15 pts and 17 assists? Not many, I'm just appreciating his feat. Rondo has lost two games while dishing out 15 and 20
    It doesn't matter how many assists you dish out if it's not helping you win games.

  15. #240
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Where did I say he was a great defensive player? Either come with facts or {Mod edit-unnecessary}.
    I never said you did, but you don't bring any facts when you defend him. He sucks overall. That's not debatable.

  16. #241
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It doesn't matter how many assists you dish out if it's not helping you win games.
    Or when Barea can drive to the hoop with impunity because he's just worlds quicker than you.

    We don't hate Vasquez, Ceedee. We just realize that whenever we face a PG with quickness and speed (i.e, most PGs on the NBA these days) unless our gameplan is built around helping Vasquez, we're gonna get torched cuz one PGs get to the lane, nothing but bad stuff happens. Davis can't block everything.

  17. #242
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    What don't you understand? A kid playing in his 7th game vs a 3 year player who has started about 50 games?
    That was not your argument. You said someone (not a rookie or a vet) with a career night should not have a negative. Now you are trying to qualify that statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    You said 'this forum'. Address the person you're referring to.
    If it doesn't apply to you, let it go. I'm not going to address like 10 user names. No one is going to look at my post and say, "Oh Hunny thinks Vasquez is trash because Ceedee M said the forum thought so."

  18. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It doesn't matter how many assists you dish out if it's not helping you win games.
    So, why bring it up? I'm sure you're not saying you'd rather he didn't have the assists and the +/- margin was larger. Most stats are stupid anyway. Wins and losses are all that matter, not how you get them. I just like to recognize his accomplishment that most people don't get.

  19. #244
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,751
    Its easy to see why Vasquez's +/- was -12. He doesn't defend at all and he still had 4 turnovers which is terrible. He's really a bad PG and should never start in this league.

  20. #245
    we usually get torched by PGs and SFs. Tonight C was the case but thats usually decently covered. Defense is the problem

  21. #246
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    That was not your argument. You said someone (not a rookie or a vet) with a career night should not have a negative. Now you are trying to qualify that statement.



    If it doesn't apply to you, let it go. I'm not going to address like 10 user names. No one is going to look at my post and say, "Oh Hunny thinks Vasquez is trash because Ceedee M said the forum thought so."
    You said this forum and I'm a part of this forum. I think you should let it go.

  22. #247
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Or when Barea can drive to the hoop with impunity because he's just worlds quicker than you.

    We don't hate Vasquez, Ceedee. We just realize that whenever we face a PG with quickness and speed (i.e, most PGs on the NBA these days) unless our gameplan is built around helping Vasquez, we're gonna get torched cuz one PGs get to the lane, nothing but bad stuff happens. Davis can't block everything.
    I'm not a Vasquez stan. He is my favorite Hornet right now, and I know he is slow. It's not like I think he is CP3. I think Steve Nash could be his peak, maybe, and that is stretching. But people too often look to the same players as a scapegoat. It is a team loss, and people act like Vasquez is the only player with faults. We got crushed by big men today not, too, not just guards.

  23. #248
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty Williams very to the point in assessment of D: "Our defense is not even close to what we're used to around here."

    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Andrei Kirilenko dropped in numerous easy layups for Wolves. Monty: "Our small forwards were absolutely atrocious guarding backdoor cuts."

  24. #249
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,939
    Honestly at this point I'd move Greivis for a older PG who could help us weather the storm and deal with growing pains.

    Luke Ridnour?
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  25. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty Williams very to the point in assessment of D: "Our defense is not even close to what we're used to around here."

    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Andrei Kirilenko dropped in numerous easy layups for Wolves. Monty: "Our small forwards were absolutely atrocious guarding backdoor cuts."


    iggy could surely help that problem

    #QUAILS MOM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •