Pelicans Report

Thread: HOOP CLINIC ON WHEELS

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Help HOOP CLINIC ON WHEELS

My new HOOP CLINIC ON WHEELS will be driving around New Orleans and surrounding areas to day from 11am until whenever....we will be knocking on doors and asking people to step outside and show us if they know how to defend the BACKDOOR CUT....we will also be setting up on various city blocks allowing people to take part in our Teaching Sessions..

I will be using a big loud speaker,so if you hear the announcement "please step outside your homes,we kmow you're in there!" "Step outside peacefully and show us you can defend the backdoor cut"..."failure to do so will result in your arrest"

Sunday Morning we will conduct our "DEFEND THE LANE" clinic at several church services..
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

ahahah

I see you got just as annoyed by AK's constant baseline cuts for dunks as I did.

I think that it was even worse to give up all those points in the paint than allowing all those 3's in some of those other losses.
    V - Break it down on what the Hornets must do to defend the paint better. When AD can play the center position more and stay deep in the paint that should help. Did the guards allow to much free run at the basket? Did our bigs not push the Minn. bigs away from the basket? Pekovic did have one of those nights where everything clicked and I don't think he usually plays this well. Some of the long rebounds were also fortuitous for grabbing by Minn. Rivers is figuring it out though. Hope he starts getting more calls when he gets banged around going for the layup. When is Rivers going to start playing more point. When Gordon comes back there won't be as many minutes at the 2 guard for him. Could he play some minutes at sf?

I think every single point in the game came from the paint or the 3 point line. I can't remember if any of our guards ever forced a mid range shot... lol

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Long live the "off the ball defenders!" All hail the length and quicks that are needed to defend in the cruel league!.
    Heads were turning ( small feds were simply awful defending)..Teams that "ball swing..mis-directions...attack gaps give the Hornets fits.
    (ask the Lakers what defensive pain is like).

Pressure on the ball? When? Where?......Plus the teams doesn't score enough to help cushion its defense,not enough easy baskets.Till i'm blue in the face i will say " Quickness and length!" Quickness that knows how to play and anticipate defensive actions.

Need offensive scoring talent!

Yes you could ,at times go small with Gordon and Rivers as your wings.....but its the lack of defensive play at the top of the defense....I need to go rest for a minute,my head is going to explode.

READ THE FOUR COMMANDS BELOW,,read them over and over...read them over my casket one day.." These are the four things that Da V Preached to us!

I need you younger guys to carry the torch of our game ! You are the future.
    Last edited by gerryv; 12-15-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Thread Information