Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chris Webber: Pelicans worst name ever

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    No. I liked the Fab 5 though. And I really liked that Kings team that Webber was on. Not all former players make good analysts though.
    I dont mind Cweb as an announcer. Jalen Rose not so much.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Not to mention I've always thought of him as a Hornets hater. And I'm not talking about the nickname Hornets. I remember some here mentioned the same thing about him this past summer when he called the Summer League games.

Not to mention I've always thought of him as a Hornets hater
    your absolutely right. the past 2 or 3 season previews actually he has had nothing nice to say about our franchise at all and he always just gives his uninformed opinions. The guy just doesn't do his homework and then goes and runs his mouth unintelligibly (and now he thinks he's local people ). Look I'm not saying he is a bad commentator, which i think some people are confusing, he's just a bad analyst. His opinions, predictions, etc. are always worthless.

If you want the truth from NBA tv go ask Greg Anthony or Brent Barry or Steve Smith.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Not to mention I've always thought of him as a Hornets hater. And I'm not talking about the nickname Hornets. I remember some here mentioned the same thing about him this past summer when he called the Summer League games.
    I also remember him saying after the CP3 trade: "Hornets fans, your team sucks" or something like that. Probably said our franchise is in disarray as well I think. He's a jerk. I don't know why he has a job.

Jalene Rose is easily my favorite analyst lol.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    your absolutely right. the past 2 or 3 season previews actually he has had nothing nice to say about our franchise at all and he always just gives his uninformed opinions. The guy just doesn't do his homework and then goes and runs his mouth unintelligibly (and now he thinks he's local people ). Look I'm not saying he is a bad commentator, which i think some people are confusing, he's just a bad analyst. His opinions, predictions, etc. are always worthless.
    His predictions are always worthless? If he said we suck, then that's pretty spot on. Not sure how you can get more spot on than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Jalene Rose is easily my favorite analyst lol.
    Why am I not surprised?

Thug
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    His predictions are always worthless? If he said we suck, then that's pretty spot on. Not sure how you can get more spot on than that.
    Not worthless but baseless. You can tell he doesn't watch the games.

Chris Webber's opinion is somehow important?

New Orleans is a world famous city.
    I agree with Webber, just because other cities have terrible names doesn't mean we need to have one.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    New Orleans is a world famous city.
    I agree with Webber, just because other cities have terrible names doesn't mean we need to have one.
    Your point falls flatter than a roach under Oprah's left thigh because of the big five: VooDoo, Krewe, Pelicans, Brass, and Angels, someone out there hates at least one of them.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Chris Webber: Pelicans worst name ever

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Your point falls flatter than a roach under Oprah's left thigh because of the big five: VooDoo, Krewe, Pelicans, Brass, and Angels, someone out there hates at least one of them.
    True, but there would be way less hate than pelicans is receiving. Easily voodoo would be more liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wasn't making a point, that was my opinion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Splitting hairs. MY point stands.

crying to the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    True, but there would be way less hate than pelicans is receiving. Easily voodoo would be more liked.
    Voodoo, Krewe and Revelers are too MLS, plus they feed a stereotype that has been defined by out-of-towners...everyone of which hates the Pelicans. Which is why I love Pelicans.

Plus, you throw that scary Gravedigger Voodoo mascot out there and scare off every "fan" under 8. And before you say who cares, I buy gear for my daughter before me and she isn't wearing that skull dude. Sorry.

So when CP3 left we didn't suck? We got the first pick of the draft for a reason. Under Shinn and the NBA our situation actually was in disarray, which is the reason CP3 and DWest claimed they left....yet people believed them for saying that is the reason they left but hen Chris Webber says the same he's baseless and doesn't watch games and we question his announcing and credibility while bringing up a mistake on a play from 20 years ago. People will get riled up and sensitive over anything. At the end of the day, whether its Chris Webber, Brad Pitt, or Larry Page he's entitled to his opinion...who cares.

Thread Information