Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 NBA Draft lookout thread! Who do you want if we land a top ten pick?

If Burke continues to play well, he will begin to jump on the board. I think it is still early to start calling out who will get drafted where considering that we don't even know who will land where in terms of standings.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

I hope we can somehow manage to get 2 1st again!!! If not I really want us to get carter-williams from syracuse. This dude is a beast and a floor general!! He is 6'6 but not bulky and runs the point so smooth. My goodness I would drool if we could get this kid with a top 10 pick along with OUR top 1-5 pick. A draft of mclemore/carter williams would be a dream come true!!! Let these 2 young guys come in and start right away at the 1 and 2 guard spots. I know we can get a 1st (from a bad team)and some complimentary players for eg/vasquez/aminu. Hell I am ok with keeping vasquez to come off the bench to run the point if not traded. I think we can a better haul right now tho with him included. My other dream scenario is len/carter williams!!! lol...Man I am telling you right now with either of these combinations to go with AD and rivers we are set with our cap room. Dell should be able to do his thing in the offseason so not too worried about that part. Minus all the blabberin. All I am saying is CARTER WILLIAMS is a must get for us!!!! This is our future at the pg position!!! An all-star caliber type pg with ridiculous length who hustles his azz off on both ends of the floor. Make it happen Demps!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    What do you guys think of Nerlens?
    I saw him play twice on the AAU circuit in high school, and I'll get to check him out twice this year in person when Kentucky and Florida play. Not sold on him at all, and he certainly isn't a good pick after taking Davis this year. They're different players, but Noel isn't nearly as effective as Davis, IMO.

Small forward's the way to go for the Hornets. Either that or a Drummond-type center who can just dominate the post physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Where's the love for Poythress? Or Le'Bryan Nash?
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Poythress = Aminu
    Caught a couple Poythress AAU games, and he's one of the guys I liked most in the 2012 class. Great upside, IMO. Cerebral player who will only get better with time. All the size and length to be a terrific player down the road. I'll get a better look at him later this spring.

Where's the love for Poythress? Or Le'Bryan Nash?
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    1. shabazz would be a dream come true, super athletic, incredible jump shot, he is the next koba
    2. poythress is a tweener who cant create for himself, he is aminu 2.0
    3. if shabazz is gone cody zeller would be absolutely incredible, kid has a post gae better than 75% of most players in the NBA but still if we land shabazz i would trade everything and anything possible for demarcus cousins, grevis, jason smith and next years 1st, could u fathom a lineup of

rivers
    gordon
    shabbaz
    davis
    cousins
    I'd love for the Hornets to get Shabazz, but if they trade for Cousins, I'll probably vomit.

I hate this thread it's basically a rip off of mine
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Getting Cousins would be a flashback move from old management. Cousins is a wack job. If they trade for a point guard during the season and keep Gordon, I think they should draft a center & my choice would be Alex Len from Maryland. He was very impressive against Kentucky. If they get the #1 pick it could be Shabazz. I agree that he is kind of like a lefty Paul Pierce except he is a little better athlete than Pierce. If its point guard I'm a BIG 10 guy & I think Trey Burke is going to be really good. I am so tired of our point guards not being able to break anybody down off the dribble. But we have got to do a better job of getting Davis. He has got to have more than 7 FG attempts in a game.

if thats the case, get what u can for vasques and aminu maybe a good draft pick or a good bench scoring SF vet, regardless if not cousins u could sign al jefferson and draft someone like shabazz which would be great

rivers
    gordon
    shabazz
    davis
    jefferson

As someone mentioned earlier, what if we got the first pick? It makes me think what happened with the Magic when they got the first pick twice and a row. IK they got Shaq and traded Webber for Penny Hardaway and someone else, but why?

The 2013 NBA Draft lookout thread! Who do you want if we land a top ten pick?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    As someone mentioned earlier, what if we got the first pick? It makes me think what happened with the Magic when they got the first pick twice and a row. IK they got Shaq and traded Webber for Penny Hardaway and someone else, but why?
    Three future first round picks and the fact that Hardaway really wanted Orlando. Hardaway even requested a 2nd workout with Orlando to convince them to take him. How do you turn down a 6'7 PG with numbers like 22.8/8.5/6.4/2.4/1.5 and the desire to play for you.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Penny was gonna be special. Just like Grant Hill after him. And Greg Oden after that. Things just broke a different way, sadly. I really wonder how the landscape of the NBA would've changed had Oden worked out.

Penny was gonna be special. Just like Grant Hill after him. And Greg Oden after that. Things just broke a different way, sadly. I really wonder how the landscape of the NBA would've changed had Oden worked out.
    that pg at syracuse carter-williams is penny like at 6'6 with elite vision and a scorer..kids gonna be a top pg in the nba...we would be foolish to pass on him if we do not have other big plans for pg in the offseason. I just dont see how we pass on this kid early in the 1st

shabazz, averaging 18 pts a game while shooting 49 from 3

If the Hornets don't get a lot of wins with Gordon or if another major injury happens, then we will have a top 5 pick. I'm starting to like the idea of Shabazz at the 3 if we get the chance to pick him up.

I want the Hornets to grab Alex Len and put him next to Anthony Davis

McLemore! McLemore! McLemore!

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I want the Hornets to grab Alex Len and put him next to Anthony Davis
    I'm on the Len train too.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Anything significant about Len I should know besides just being 7'1" I mean, Leonard was 7'1" too...

Anything significant about Len I should know besides just being 7'1" I mean, Leonard was 7'1" too...
    He's athletic, great touch around the basket, solid mid-range jumper, nice timing on his block shot, decent passer, and has a good feel for the game.

Most of all, Len has an extremely high ceiling. I think he's the better get over Zeller.

I'll bite.

I'll bite.
    He's also 7'1.

Wait. He's 7'1"?!? Why didn't anyone tell me???

Len will be the top pick when it's all said and done. Unlike Zeller, Len is actually skilled and can really rebound.

Since this was discussed I was reminded how he was one of my favs of all time. Watch this and sorry to get off track.

http://youtu.be/QFMBWqffvb0

Anyone have a good video of Len?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information