Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 NBA Draft lookout thread! Who do you want if we land a top ten pick?

Draft The 2013 NBA Draft lookout thread! Who do you want if we land a top ten pick?

The last draft lookout thread proved to be the largest thread in HR history. The season is looking grim, but this was expected. Here we will discuss prospects throughout the season. Last season's thread was filled with great info, videos, etc.. We will use this thread throughout the season to clear up numerous draft threads.
    Last edited by Big-EZ; 12-13-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    The last draft lookout thread proved to be the largest thread in HR history. The season is looking grim, but this was expected. Here we will discuss prospects throughout the season. Last season's thread was filled with great info, videos, etc.. We will use this thread throughout the season to clear up numerous draft threads.
    sup big easy
    Ballin

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I really only want a SF tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I really only want a SF tbh.
    I agree, either a SF or a PG. Can Shabazz play the 3. I need to pull up his info.

BPA all the way, but I hope it ends up being a SF.

What do you guys think of Nerlens?

There is some stuff in here about him:

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...2013-NBA-Draft

Overrated,,,, wouldnt touch him....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Athletic specimen. Beast on the boards but dumb. Screams Al-Farouq playing center. All the tools but can't apply them.

I want Muhammad, I think he has all the tools to fit perfectly in with this team, he's the swing man we have been looking for, he might not be the tallest SF but like Davis he still has a couple more years that he could possibly grow!!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan19 View Post
    I want Muhammad, I think he has all the tools to fit perfectly in with this team, he's the swing man we have been looking for, he might not be the tallest SF but like Davis he still has a couple more years that he could possibly grow!!
    Keep in mind that Muhammad has something close to a 7-foot wingspan, so that makes up for him only being around 6'6.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Keep in mind that Muhammad has something close to a 7-foot wingspan, so that makes up for him only being around 6'6.
    Damn, I did not know that, thanks for letting me know that, makes me want us to draft him even more!

In a couple years from now, if everything turns out well, I just can't see us paying a nice portion of money for Ryno, AR (if develops), EG, AD, and possibly Muhammed

IMO, Shabazz will go #1

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    In a couple years from now, if everything turns out well, I just can't see us paying a nice portion of money for Ryno, AR (if develops), EG, AD, and possibly Muhammed
    Can't build a team like that. You acquire the best assets you can, no matter what. You don't pass on a guy like Shabazz because you think you might not be able to re-sign him when the time comes. You draft him, and hope to God you have too much talent on the roster in 4 years because that means you probably won a Championship. Plus, we can always work out a S&T like what OKC did with Harden. Rarely ever does a team just lose a great player, save Cleveland.

Can't build a team like that. You acquire the best assets you can, no matter what. You don't pass on a guy like Shabazz because you think you might not be able to re-sign him when the time comes. You draft him, and hope to God you have too much talent on the roster in 4 years because that means you probably won a Championship. Plus, we can always work out a S&T like what OKC did with Harden. Rarely ever does a team just lose a great player, save Cleveland.
    I wouldn't pass on him. Especially because of that...

Just posing the thought that we could have an OKC type of deal in a few years, like you mentioned.

Shabazz then Zeller then Otto porter then alex Len

BPA all the way, but I hope it ends up being a SF.
    This! I hope Muhammad is there or it's a PG!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Where's the love for Poythress? Or Le'Bryan Nash?
    Last edited by Eman5805; 12-13-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Poythress = Aminu

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Poythress = Aminu
    In that he's a bit of a tweener? I can see that. But if you're at all trying to say he plays bread dead and has no offensive game whatsoever, then you couldn't be more wrong.

Also, another SF to keep an eye on, Adonis Thomas. He might stay another year to work on his offensive game some.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 12-13-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Nash is a interesting prospect, really talented but has some maturity issues.

In that he's a bit of a tweener? I can see that. But if you're at all trying to say he plays bread dead and has no offensive game whatsoever, then you couldn't be more wrong.
    Aminu scored 15 a game in college as well ^^

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Poythress = Aminu
    No.

Muhammad is my first choice. But I can't see us landing a top 3 pick. Poythress is who I want.

First off I was saying why I think people aren't talking about him. I have done no scouting and didn't claim to have , so my apologies if it came across like that. I meant as eman guessed that he's a tweener.

Thread Information