Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 NBA Draft lookout thread! Who do you want if we land a top ten pick?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    McLemore! McLemore! McLemore!
    continue to keep an eye on the Gordon situation and who knows?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Anyone have a good video of Len?
    the best I have seen so far are Youtube highlights of the Kentucky game early in the season....

It's early but the guys that intrigue me the most are
    Shabazz, Goodwin, and Smart.
    They play with star level assertiveness and are good with the ball in their hands, I don't like drafting players who can't create shots for themselves or others when you are selecting top 5.

I'll definitely have to see more of these guys, but I like what I see from them so far.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    From Chad Ford's twitter - Moved Ben McLemore into the Top 5 on our Big Board. Best NBA prospect KU's had since Paul Pierce.

Interesting. I'm not sure if I buy he's that good of a prospect, but he's clearly shooting up the boards in a hurry.

A package of vasques and lopez as two very good young cheap players could land us a very nice player and then sign al Jefferson and think team would be legit

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    From Chad Ford's twitter - Moved Ben McLemore into the Top 5 on our Big Board. Best NBA prospect KU's had since Paul Pierce.

Interesting. I'm not sure if I buy he's that good of a prospect, but he's clearly shooting up the boards in a hurry.
    He's an athletic freak, but he's had a lot of problems with consistency in the past. Explosive first step but could use some development as a ball handler.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    It's early but the guys that intrigue me the most are
    Shabazz, Goodwin, and Smart.
    They play with star level assertiveness and are good with the ball in their hands, I don't like drafting players who can't create shots for themselves or others when you are selecting top 5.

I'll definitely have to see more of these guys, but I like what I see from them so far.
    Ye, we have enough guys that can't create.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

As games progress, I will try my best to upload highlights from the top prospects and I hope some of you will help.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
    Draft Blog: Best draft fits for the New Orleans Hornets. Muhammad, McLemore or a PG? http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...rleans-hornets … (insider)

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Sentence said Bazz was a SF.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 01-11-2013 at 04:14 PM.

The 2013 NBA Draft lookout thread! Who do you want if we land a top ten pick?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Who's that quote from ?!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Chad Ford, but he's like the Kiper/McShay for basketball. Most of what he hears is from scouts, gm's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Chad Ford, but he's like the Kiper/McShay for basketball. Most of what he hears is from scouts, gm's, etc.
    But he's only 6'6" How could he play the 3?!!?

Mclemore can't play the three. Zero percent chance,but he could play next to Gordon long term with both of them splitting the PG duties.

My Missing Piece for tomorrow is all about this class, and more specifically, breaking down the draft tiers
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    But he's only 6'6" How could he play the 3?!!?
    7'0" wingspan and 223lbs make up for some height difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    7'0" wingspan and 223lbs make up for some height difference.
    Was kidding. There's another guy in another thread arguing to the death about Shabazz not playin the 3, which really is moot now. I don't think he will end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Mclemore can't play the three. Zero percent chance,but he could play next to Gordon long term with both of them splitting the PG duties.

My Missing Piece for tomorrow is all about this class, and more specifically, breaking down the draft tiers
    Look forward to being educated on the draft class.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's not having the crispest game, but I'm finally starting to "get" Muhammad. What he can bring. He's got a knack for scoring even tough contested shots. Can run the floor and can finish.

My draft board:
    1) shabazz
    2)Mclemore
    3)Carter Williams
    4)Smart
    5)Burke
    6)Noel

McLemore
    Burke
    Muhammad

Top 3 I suppose. Not thinking of some people...

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    My draft board:
    1) shabazz
    2)Mclemore
    3)Carter Williams
    4)Smart
    5)Burke
    6)Noel
    So where's Zeller? The fact he's not in your top 6 blows my mind.

Personal Draft board on what I think would improve the Pelicans. This isn't a representation of who I think should be drafted #1.

1) Shabazz
    2) Burke
    3) Carter-Williams
    4) Noel
    5) McLemore
    6) Smart
    7) Zeller
    8) Porter
    9) Len
    10) Poythress

Watching Burke run Michigan's offense, I see so many similarities with what the Pelicans do. High pick and roll with a "lurker" on the base line if the PG penetrates. They set up a shooter in the corner, and the big man on the PnR can roll or fade out.

Burke runs it great. He would be great in setting up Anderson, Smith, and Davis in the places they want to be. Also, the guy shoots the ball very well, and he has improved his game in every phase since last year. If we don't get SUPER lucky and have a chance to take Shabazz, I'd be disappointed if we pass up Burke.

The answer is Burke, btw. Whatever the question was, the answer is now Trey Burke.

Who is the best center? Trey Burke.

Who is the best dunker? Trey Burke.

Who shot JR? Trey Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The answer is Burke, btw. Whatever the question was, the answer is now Trey Burke.

Who is the best center? Trey Burke.

Who is the best dunker? Trey Burke.

Who shot JR? Trey Burke.
    I only take Shabazz over burke if we are drafting in a vacuum. GIVE ME BURKE

My personal Hornets preference board, assuming a pick between 4-10 (Shabazz, Noel, McLemore gone)
    1. Smart
    2. Porter
    3. Burke
    4. Zeller
    5. Len
    6. Carter-Willams

Personally think Smart might be the highest upside player in this draft, and the best long-term fit for this team. His explosiveness and build remind me of Westbrook, Wade, Bledsoe, and Rose, and he'd be pretty great pairing with Gordon. His jumper isn't great, but definitely isn't as broken as Westbrook's was coming out. I think he's also more of a natural passer coming out than Westbrook, although to be fair Westbrook is in a class of his own as an athlete. I love his tertiaries as a point guard, which is important because Gordon doesn't give you much of that. He's still a bit of a gambler in defense, but has all the tools to be an on-ball bully like the guys I mentioned above. For this team, I might like him better than Shabazz and Noel, but that might be recently effect. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting top 3 discussion by tournament time, and if we end up getting up there I'd think long and hard about him.

I've talked about why I love Porter for this team already. Think he's a perfect glue guy on a championship contender. Does so many things well and a few elite (rebounding, midrange) and just fills up the stat sheet. So smart, takes only good shots, great passer for his position, makes a ton of plays on defense while rarely fouling.

I'm conflicted about Burke. Best floor general in this draft, but I worry about the size of our backcourt defensively and rebounding going forward playing him and Gordon together. Would be happy coming out of this draft with him

Thread Information