Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Official I HATE Brian Roberts Thread

The Official I HATE Brian Roberts Thread

Hate is an over used word but in this case it fits. I hate Brian Roberts on this team, this isn't Germany where you can just dribble the clock out and try to hit 3's. This isn't Israel where you can play horrible defense on players like Russell Westbrook and get away with it. How many times did he miss AD23 wide open?!?! I can't wait for Eric Gordon to come back so this dude doesn't see the floor.

Momma always said "if you aint got nothin nice to say...."

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's sad too because he has some skills that could be valuable.

I don't like when Monty put Roberts in the game as the PG. IMO he is a SG.

Woo-saaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    I think that is the case, but we do not have a backup PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    Woo-saaa.
    Damn a Woo-saaa...please Stern ban that clown from the nba..lol

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I think that is the case, but we do not have a backup PG.
    At least until Gordon gets back on the court. Rivers could be the back up PG and Roberts can back up Gordon.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    IMO I think roberts has some skills, I just don't think he fits in with this team.

Seems to me that this whole team dribbles too much in the offensive zone. Obviously I'm still learning, but I see most other team set up in the offensive zone and pass the ball around and occosaiosanlly drive to the basket. This team seems to constantly have the ball on the floor making moves? Is this by design?

Move him to SG when Gordon comes back, and Let rivers run the point with Roberts at SG.

I don't hate him. I just think he's another one that isn't used properly. That's what happens though when you have a main piece missing and you're trying to replace him, without literally replacing him.

Valid point on the over dribbling by Roberts, but two quick points.

1. It seems as if that is what Monty is trying to do (strategy might be to shorten the game). Vasquez is guilty of the same tactic and I am starting to believe its more Coach Williams than the players.

2. Roberts reminds me of Pargo, a scoring guard in a point guard's body. He's not a facilitator, not a passer. He's a guy that's looking to score the basketball.

He's got some talent but I agree with everyone that he is a SG. For all of the talk pre-draft about Rivers playing "hero ball" and being unwilling to pass, I have seen very little of that. He has changed the way he plays to try to maximize his talent and get others involved. I think he's best suited to play point off the bench when EG comes back (until he's ready to take over as starting PG).

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post

1. It seems as if that is what Monty is trying to do (strategy might be to shorten the game). Vasquez is guilty of the same tactic and I am starting to believe its more Coach Williams than the players.

2. Roberts reminds me of Pargo, a scoring guard in a point guard's body. He's not a facilitator, not a passer. He's a guy that's looking to score the basketball.
    That's the name that I thought about when making my post.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I can't believe people hate Roberts. Dude is on a minimum contract and came out of nowhere to contribute. Why isn't he getting the love Goose got? He's averaging 8.1 points in 17 minutes and 40 percent from the 3 pt. line. Our fanbase bugs me alot when they just hate a guy because he holds the ball too long.

i agree with all of yall assessments. yeah he really is what we heard Rivers was going to be coming out of college.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I can't believe people hate Roberts. Dude is on a minimum contract and came out of nowhere to contribute. Why isn't he getting the love Goose got? He's averaging 8.1 points in 17 minutes and 40 percent from the 3 pt. line. Our fanbase bugs me alot when they just hate a guy because he holds the ball too long.
    Because he holds the ball to 9 seconds on the shot clock then passes it or he holds the ball until 3 seconds on the shot clock and throws up a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post

Pargo could actually create his on shot opportunities. Brian Roberts requires picks to get open shots, i've seen them run double/back to back picks just to get him a clear look and an open jumper.

You're basically saying that your best offense is a wide open Brian Roberts jump shot. Again, if you're trying to win games go out and find some other guys. If you're in development mode give the ball to Austin Rivers and lets win or lose while he develops his offensive game.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    He saved our you-know-whats last night from a certain late loss last night...
    Wherehappens.

Very Interesting line last night of: Rivers, Vasquez, Roberts, Anderson and Davis. I don't remember seeing this combo before? I'd be interested to know the off/deff stats of this line.

Anderson at the 4 and Davis at the 5 with what looked to me like; Rivers, Vasquez and Roberts shuffl'n between all three back court spots.

The guy doesn't warrant that. He plays hard and has a defined skill set. It is just unfortunate he is used incorrectly. He is a backup sg playing pg. He is a limited Jarrett Jack who has an 18ft jumper instead of driving abilities.

BTW Purple Haze, my new avaitor is just for you..lol... I'm warming up to it..

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Pargo could actually create his on shot opportunities. Brian Roberts requires picks to get open shots, i've seen them run double/back to back picks just to get him a clear look and an open jumper.

You're basically saying that your best offense is a wide open Brian Roberts jump shot. Again, if you're trying to win games go out and find some other guys. If you're in development mode give the ball to Austin Rivers and lets win or lose while he develops his offensive game.
    OK off topic, KING, That avaitor is freaking me out, I saw the show Sinister a while back, and thats Mr. Boogie....... I keep waiting for the head to turn...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It's absurd how much hate this guy gets. He's a good player. But people seem to forget that he's a rookie as well. Sure he makes a couple dumb plays. So does Rivers, but that's OK though. I understand Rivers has more potential than Roberts, but this is a young team and along the way there's going to be a ton of mishaps. I thought this was expected this year.

We weren't supposed to expect a whole lot from this guy coming into this season. But he's overachieving and yet he STILL gets a bunch of hate because he makes rookie mistakes. You people need to chill out. These "Official I hate so-and-so" threads are pathetic. Especially for a guy who is a rookie. Get over it.

Thread Information