Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Okc had 3 top 5 picks to get them where they are now so I guess another top 5 for us won't hurt

Shabazz, Otto, Burke, Austin, Mitchell in that ordrr

If we get a top 3 pick, trade for a first next season and some other player. Next years draft should be LOADED!!!
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    If we get a top 3 pick, trade for a first next season and some other player. Next years draft should be LOADED!!!
    Hell no. This is the last season we need to tank. Combine this upcoming pick with our soon-to-be cap space, not to mention our trade chips in Vasquez and Lopez, and Demps should be able to piece together a competitve roster for next season. By next year, it should all be about building chemistry and developing our young talent.

And count me on the Shabazz train! Man, I hope we land him.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Hell no. This is the last season we need to tank. Combine this upcoming pick with our soon-to-be cap space, not to mention our trade chips in Vasquez and Lopez, and Demps should be able to piece together a competitve roster for next season. By next year, it should all be about building chemistry and developing our young talent.

And count me on the Shabazz train! Man, I hope we land him.
    That's why we trade this years first for a first next season. We don't have to tank. We will have 2 first's in what is looking like the best class in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Okc had 3 top 5 picks to get them where they are now so I guess another top 5 for us won't hurt
    Actually, they had 4 top 5 picks.

#2 (Durant) and #5 (Jeff Green, who they then traded for Kendrick Perkins) in 2007.
    #4 (Westbrook) in 2008. They also took Ibaka at #24 in that draft.
    #3 (Harden) in 2009.

Ahh forgot about green

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Nah. Let's t-word for another two seasons after that! If OKC got 3 top 5 picks and were where they are, then getting 5 more top 5 picks will make us super elite!

In fact...why stop there? Let's t-word forever! Get all top 5 picks all the time and be the greatest team of all time! That keeps finish at the bottom of the league every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Nah. Let's t-word for another two seasons after that! If OKC got 3 top 5 picks and were where they are, then getting 5 more top 5 picks will make us super elite!

In fact...why stop there? Let's t-word forever! Get all top 5 picks all the time and be the greatest team of all time! That keeps finish at the bottom of the league every year.
    You play to win the game!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You play to win the game!
    Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Lol.

Our road to winning = Don't win. Ever.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    This is our game.

Ahh forgot about green
    Austin Rivers is our Green and Gordon (or whoever we ultimately trade him for) are two more "top 5 picks" in a way. Add Anthony Davis and whoever we get tin 2013 draft, and that's more or less equivalent to OKC's "four top 5 picks" that they used for their foundation.

This is the last year it will help to suck - next year (pending what we get for Gordon in a trade or *hopefully* what he gives us on the floor when healthy) we could be as good as a very fiesty 4, 5 or 6 seed. Very worst case we should be 7th or 8th if Demps does a solid job this offseason.

P.S. no huge games tonight for our draft standing but Phoenix and Sacto play so go Kings I suppose.
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 12-17-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Can I just throw out my man from Toronto...Anthony Bennett! The best freshman in the country and IMO the most dominant player in college basketball right now. He is quickly rising up the boards and could very well end up being #1 pick. He is a clear PF... a rich mans Paul Millspa.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Can I just throw out my man from Toronto...Anthony Bennett! The best freshman in the country and IMO the most dominant player in college basketball right now. He is quickly rising up the boards and could very well end up being #1 pick. He is a clear PF... a rich mans Paul Millspa.
    I'd like to see what he can do against some top tier schools. Someone to watch out for i just dont know if we have the mins next year to give him

^^ Yah I dont think he fills any immediate needs for our team and with AD firmly locked in at PF there are other guys ...aka Alex Len.. that I have in front of him for us.

Just wanted to throw his name out because with Anthony Bennett(2013), Andrew Wiggins (2014), Trey Lyles (2015) Canada could produce back to back to back #1 picks and that is to go along with Tyler Ennis (top 5 recruit this year to syracuse), Kevin Pangos (Gonzaga), Myck Kobongo (Texas) and the abundance of canadians drafted in the last few years (Tristan Thompson, Corey Joseph, Andrew Nicholson, Robert Sacre, Kris Joseph etc.)
    Last edited by hornetstime247; 12-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    ^^ Yah I dont think he fills any immediate needs for our team and with AD firmly locked in at PF there are other guys ...aka Alex Len.. that I have in front of him for us.

Just wanted to throw his name out because with Anthony Bennett(2013), Andrew Wiggins (2014), Trey Lyles (2015) Canada could produce back to back to back #1 picks and that is to go along with Tyler Ennis (top 5 recruit this year to syracuse), Kevin Pangos (Gonzaga), Myck Kobongo (Texas) and the abundance of canadians drafted in the last few years (Tristan Thompson, Corey Joseph, Andrew Nicholson, Robert Sacre, Kris Joseph etc.)
    Ennis is not top 5. He is top 50 at most.

Huge night tomorrow - hopefully the Bees play hard and well yet lose again. Add to that a Cavs win over Toronto and voila - were in 2nd place!

We're doing good on our road to losses, I didn't mine us losing to the Blazers
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Yeah it's important we lose as many as we can before Gordon comes back, because we'll probably be at least a .500 team as long as he is playing. That would probably bump us out of this abysmal Washington/Toronto group and up into the Orlando/Sacramento/Phoenix/Cleveland (now that Irving and Vara are back) group (picks 4-10).

I think there's no hope at a top 4 pick if EG10 really come back healthy. Best case would be 5-8.

ETA: I suppose if he plays very well there's the possibility of us trading him, but that seems counterproductive. He should be the cornerstone (no pun intended) of our rebuild.

people are acting like a Lebron type player is coming out this year... lol The difference between pick 3 and pick 5-8 doesn't appear to be that big at this point in the season.

I don't see all the Zeller hype. I get that he's got a nice offensive game but he's so skinny, he will be dominated on a nightly basis at the center position. I think he'll play PF in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    people are acting like a Lebron type player is coming out this year... lol The difference between pick 3 and pick 5-8 doesn't appear to be that big at this point in the season.
    Maybe not a Lebron type player, but if AD is our franchise, maybe all we need is a Harden type player. That is easier to get at 3 than 8 or 9.

Schwan has charted this every year and the stats bare it out. The odds of getting an A or B player dramatically decreases after the top 5 picks historically.
    @mcnamara247

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I think people are realizing this team is gonna lose a lot of games.

Thread Information