Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

^^^ I agree.. CJ to me is a sure fire Damian Lillard type player. IMO trade down and pick up an extra draft pick draft CJ Mcollum and Dario Saric. Sign Nicola Pekovic and Chandler Parsons.

Pekovic/Lopez/Smith
    Davis/Anderson
    Parsons/Saric/Miller
    Gordon/Rivers
    Mcollum/Vasquez

That 4 man backcourt can work, and that front court can be devestating and unstoppable

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    ^^^ I agree.. CJ to me is a sure fire Damian Lillard type player. IMO trade down and pick up an extra draft pick draft CJ Mcollum and Dario Saric. Sign Nicola Pekovic and Chandler Parsons.

Pekovic/Lopez/Smith
    Davis/Anderson
    Parsons/Saric/Miller
    Gordon/Rivers
    Mcollum/Vasquez

That 4 man backcourt can work, and that front court can be devestating and unstoppable
    I would be forever in your debt if you could make this happen
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    You are persistent, I'll give you that :P

But, I would personally love this lineup.

Shabazz and Len are the two prospects I'd be ecstatic about grabbing
    STOP WITH THE TANK TALK. NOBODY LIKES YOU!
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Who said anything about tanking? Your the obnoxious one, not me. We're obviously losing, tanking or not, so discussing prospects isn't outside the norm. Don't even try to compare this to your persistent nonsensical post activity. This is a draft thread, is it not?

And if we lose, then fine. There's nothing wrong with a Top 5 pick. We've already had our season of tanking and quite frankly I'm ready to see a little progress. I can no longer cheer for my team to lose. Do what you want, but don't try to force your view onto others. It's ignorant and extremely annoying.

And yes, nobody likes you.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-24-2012 at 01:15 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post

Is this for real? If not, then your sarcasm isn't translating through the internetz.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Is this for real? If not, then your sarcasm isn't translating through the internetz.
    He's being sarcastic and referring to a game thread post I made (which included "no one likes you") along with the well-deserved backlash he has recieved for posting tanking updates on game threads.

There is a difference between realistically looking forward to the draft an actively cheering for us to lose during game threads. I hope you see which one the forum understands and which one youll get **** for.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I would be forever in your debt if you could make this happen
    Pheonix owns their own pick + the lakers pick (top 14 protected).. lets say they realistically get the 7th and the 16th pick. If we are picking at 3 or 4 i would trade down for those 2 picks.

We let Aminu and Xavier expire and we clearly have enough cap room for Pekovic and Parsons.

This is a pretty realistic scenario.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Pheonix owns their own pick + the lakers pick (top 14 protected).. lets say they realistically get the 7th and the 16th pick. If we are picking at 3 or 4 i would trade down for those 2 picks.

We let Aminu and Xavier expire and we clearly have enough cap room for Pekovic and Parsons.

This is a pretty realistic scenario.
    All I can say is that this is one scenario I could really get behind....I think I was one of the initial supporters of Lillard around here and I'm not sure that McCollum isn't the better player of the two....Saric is the kind of European player that other franchises end up with and why not our turn? Pecovic and Parsons would be our P's in a pod, and with the potential bench pieces we would have, I would put that group on the floor against anyone....my only hangup here is the status of Lopez and I have to believe the addition of a Pecovic would make him even more expendable....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 12-24-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Why do people think Parsons is a free agent? Are they confusing him with Budinger? He isn't a free agent until 2015
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Whoa. Zeller is 7'0" with a 6'8" wingspan? That has defensive liability written all over him.

I have a 6'9" wingspan and I'm 6'2".

I was on the fence that he could develop, but now I don't even think that'll happen. He won't bust. But I no longer hold him in high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Whoa. Zeller is 7'0" with a 6'8" wingspan? That has defensive liability written all over him.

I was on the fence that he could develop, but now I don't even think that'll happen. He won't bust. But I no longer hold him in high regard.
    Yeah, he has a very limited ceiling.

Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Anyone ever watch Rudy gobert. I like him over Len.

Seen highlights. Still much rather Len. Len has both the skill and tools along with upside to be a dominant center.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Sounds line hansbrough (sp?)

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Sounds line hansbrough (sp?)
    Zeller is much more skilled, still developing, and lacks strength. Zeller has elite footwork, good length, and can beat you off the dribble. T-Rex is a physically matured player who uses brute strength and hustle to overwhelm you. He travels a lot in college and the NCAA refs allowed him to get away with it and gets called for the travel in the league.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zeller has good height. He but does NOT have good length.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Personally, from the few games I've seen of Zeller this year I'm not unbelievably impressed.

Zeller can be similar to what Zo was offensively in this league IMO. But defensively, I think he will always be a liability because of his lack of bulk and length. Put him next to a big, brusing PF with a low post game and I think you can hide his flaws, but if he is asked to be your best rebounder or the guy protecting the rim, you are in trouble.

Ideally, I would like to see him in a system like Phoenix's where he can beat his man down the court for easy points.

Anyone know how Steve Adams has been doing at Pitt? He looked like a beast coming in, but I haven't heard anything since the season started.

I remember his combine numbers were pretty outlandish.

Zeller is skilled and will score in this league but won't be an elite rebounder or defender

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Anyone ever watch Rudy gobert. I like him over Len.
    I'm with you on this. I think Gobert could be the most ridiculous 5 we've ever seen play the game. 7'9 wingspan? SERIOUSLY? But it's a big iffy whether he pans out or not, so I understand people going with the more experienced player(Len) instead of the freak prospect.

Gobert projects more as a 7ft PF like Gasol than a straight up C like Len.

Considering we have Davis and Anderson... I'd be much more inclined to hopefully land Muhammed or Len.

Gobert averages 4 rebounds in 20mins of play. For a guy thats 7'1 with a 7'9 wingspan....thats insanely bad.

Thread Information