Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Lol on insider it's says he's a very good rebounder.. Compares him to Noel the most. Dominant defensive minded center with 7'9 wingspan. I'm really intrigued.
    Last edited by bojangles837; 12-25-2012 at 09:04 AM.

He is too skinny to stand his ground. He has great length, but people get underneath leverage on him and blow him out of the paint. The guy won't do anything in this league until he puts on serious weight, and I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Wednesday night updates...

Cleveland (6-23) leads Washington (3-22) at the half.
    Miami all over Charlotte (7-20)
    Our Hornets (5-22) down in Orlando at the half.

Good results solidify us in the #2 spot before Eric Gordon's return.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Little undersized, seems to have good wingspan though and dude can ball.

Burke is a monster. I'm not sure he'll be available if we are picking around 8-10 (projection after Gordon returns).

Really? I havent seen one projection with Burke even in the lottery. Usually he is in the 20's. Very good college player, but he will have to beat the odds to excel in the pros as an above average starter. Of the top PG's in the league, only CP3 and Parker are close to him size wise. This is the day and age of the 6'3 point guard.

Not saying it is impossible, just that I don't see him going in the lottery- mostly because of that reason.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Really? I havent seen one projection with Burke even in the lottery. Usually he is in the 20's. Very good college player, but he will have to beat the odds to excel in the pros as an above average starter. Of the top PG's in the league, only CP3 and Parker are close to him size wise. This is the day and age of the 6'3 point guard.

Not saying it is impossible, just that I don't see him going in the lottery- mostly because of that reason.
    I expect him to shoot up the boards. Burke supposedly has great intangibles. His coach called him the most fierce competitor he has been around, and he says he's the kind of guy that gets on his teammates in practice if they are slacking off because he wants to win every single drill. I love that.

Aside from the mental aspect of it, he has a lot to offer basketball-wise. His offensive/defensive rating is currently 132/90. That's pretty fantastic, and I like what he does with the ball in his hands. Great handle, good vision, can get to the rim and finish. He has a great mid-range game, defensive intensity, desire to win. He actually reminds me a little bit of Chris Paul. I think his stock is definitely on the rise, and it will continue to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I love him as a prospect personally, but GM's get scared off by measureables.

I think they will take bigger PG's over him, guys like McCollum and Carter-Williams. But even though I think he is likely to be the 3rd or 4th PG taken, I would definitely give him a good chance at being the best of the bunch when it is all said and done.

Don't get me wrong, I love him as a prospect personally, but GM's get scared off by measureables.

I think they will take bigger PG's over him, guys like McCollum and Carter-Williams. But even though I think he is likely to be the 3rd or 4th PG taken, I would definitely give him a good chance at being the best of the bunch when it is all said and done.
    Yeah, I totally get what you are saying. For me, though, it's not about height/weight. It's about skill and basketball awareness, and Burke is oozing with both. I think his 6'6 wingspan helps him too.

I hope we are too high to consider him. Shabazz Muhammad is my 1st choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, I totally get what you are saying. For me, though, it's not about height/weight. It's about skill and basketball awareness, and Burke is oozing with both. I think his 6'6 wingspan helps him too.

I hope we are too high to consider him. Shabazz Muhammad is my 1st choice.
    Same page on the Shabazz thing, just dont think we will have the opportunity.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Burke is a midget we don't want him unless we're picking in the 12-16 range and he's truly BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Burke is a midget we don't want him.
    Yeah, that's what Utah said about Chris Paul.

Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings are small

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Blesdoe isn't much taller. But he's almost all muscle with crazy length, so he balances it out. Chris Paul ain't much over 6' either.

Kemba Walker is pretty tiny as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, that's what Utah said about Chris Paul.
    Let's list every good player in NBA history under 6'1 Point is he's not worth taking with as high as we'll be picking.

Thread Information