.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Lockerroom trade Idea for tonight

  1. #1

    Trade Idea Lockerroom trade Idea for tonight

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a24sz7o

    SF-Aminu & F/C-J-Smit over to OKC

    SG-Sefolosha & SF-PJ III to NOLA

    Any chance we could bring PF/C-DJ White back over from the Chinese league to fill the void left by Smith?

  2. #2
    The Franchise goat gorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,295
    Would be interesting if you had to switch one starter every game. Player can only switch once until entire lineup has switched. Number one rule - only the winning team gets paid.

  3. #3
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,918
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Emilio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    688
    Why would OKC do that?

  5. #5
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,361
    Why does everyone wanna trade Smoove now? Wasn't there a topic saying how untouchable he was?

  6. #6
    I would like to see Rivers for Rondo. I couldn't imagine Davis getting all those lobs like Paul gives to Griffin.

  7. #7
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    Lockerroom trade Idea for tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by UK Hornets Fan View Post
    I would like to see Rivers for Rondo. I couldn't imagine Davis getting all those lobs like Paul gives to Griffin.
    That would probably work out, Celtics get Austin Rivers for a Rivers double trouble tandem and we get a legless Rondo. Pull the trigger.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Hornets Fan View Post
    I would like to see Rivers for Rondo. I couldn't imagine Davis getting all those lobs like Paul gives to Griffin.
    Why in the world would Boston make this move?

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Why would OKC do that?
    Not saying they would, but Sef will be losing min when Lamb gets his feet on the ground. OCK could use Aminu off the bench at SF (IMO OKC has the talent to capitoalize on Aminu's strengths of running the floor and catching the lob pass) and they could use depth at C/PF.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Why does everyone wanna trade Smoove now? Wasn't there a topic saying how untouchable he was?
    Don't want to trade him, but outside of Anderson, Davis Rivers and maybe Lopez, He's the only players in our roster with definate value. Ya have to have some kind of value in the trade. I'd love to trade Aminu, Henry or Mason for a guy like Sefolosha straight up but really you couldn't trade all 3 of those guys for a Sefolosha or Jennings etc.

    As far as "Untouchable", fans opinions are rarely inline with teams opinions. I'd say at the moment, Davis is as close to untouchable as can get on this team, thou I hope Anderson is close behind him. I'd hate to see Lopez or Rivers traded, but would be understandable if the return was quality. This team is still rebuilding and I wouldn't get too attached to any player at this point. It's about getting better and building a contender. Hard decisions will have to be made, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Davisistheman; 12-13-2012 at 05:59 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Don't want to trade him, but outside of Anderson, Davis Rivers and maybe Lopez, He's the only players in our roster with definate value. Ya have to have some kind of value in the trade. I'd love to trade Aminu, Henry or Mason for a guy like Sefolosha straight up but really you couldn't trade all 3 of those guys for a Sefolosha or Jennings etc.

    As far as "Untouchable", fans opinions are rarely inline with teams opinions. I'd say at the moment, Davis is as close to untouchable as can get on this team, thou I hope Anderson is close behind him. I'd hate to see Lopez or Rivers traded, but would be understandable if the return was quality. This team is still rebuilding and I wouldn't get too attached to any player at this point. It's about getting better and building a contender. Hard decisions will have to be made, sooner or later.
    Jason Smith has far less value than most people on this board thinks he has. All the playes on our roster are overvalued in the eyes of Hornets fans. To address this trade though, J Smitty is a poor man's version of Collison. Why would OKC need 2 of them?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Jason Smith has far less value than most people on this board thinks he has. All the playes on our roster are overvalued in the eyes of Hornets fans. To address this trade though, J Smitty is a poor man's version of Collison. Why would OKC need 2 of them?
    Point taken. I wouldn't call him a "Poor Man's" Collison thou. Collison has marginally better stats which I attribute to him averaging 23 min/per over 8 years to Smith 15.5/per over 4.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Point taken. I wouldn't call him a "Poor Man's" Collison thou. Collison has marginally better stats which I attribute to him averaging 23 min/per over 8 years to Smith 15.5/per over 4.
    I'll agree poor man's Collison was harsh but you get what I'm trying to say.

  14. #14
    Yes J Smiths value around the league is lower than his value to us thats why I would not trade him. IMO he is a great 4 or 5th big. IMO Smith > Collison for this team.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •