Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans (5-15) vs Thunder (17-4) 12/12/12

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    First quarter we outscored their bigs 14-10. Second quarter we outscored their bigs 8-3.

Rivers should have atleast 6-8 points amount of times he made an awesome move and a no call on a massive ibaka foul is amazing.. comeon.

not gonna say durant gets every call but ... he does

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Rivers is taking it to durant, ill say it again, this kid will be the next AI in 3 years
    Calm down cowboy.... AI is pretty high company.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Announcers are saying 36 points is the lowest the Thunder have ever scored in the first half at OKC. Don't know how true that is, but yeah. Moral victory!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with them disliking his dad. I'm sure Doc has given them earfuls that they didn't like.
    I really don't know. He's a rookie so it's somewhat understandable, but there have been plenty of calls that haven't been made for Rivers that even Xavier Henry and Brian Roberts would get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Rivers should have atleast 6-8 points amount of times he made an awesome move and a no call on a massive ibaka foul is amazing.. comeon.
    If he goes up straight instead of twisting his body then gets the foul .. But the game is slowing down for rivers.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Announcers are saying 36 points is the lowest the Thunder have ever scored in the first half at OKC. Don't know how true that is, but yeah. Moral victory!
    It's going to be a scary 3rd quarter...

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Rivers is a young baby face rookie with a arrogant title coming out of college with Doc as his dad.... Im sure the refs will not favorite him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It's going to be a scary 3rd quarter...
    I'm already anticipating a loss of 6+ points.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I really don't know. He's a rookie so it's somewhat understandable, but there have been plenty of calls that haven't been made for Rivers that even Xavier Henry and Brian Roberts would get.
    Yeah. And some of them have been pretty blatant fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Rivers is a young baby face rookie with a arrogant title coming out of college with Doc as his dad.... Im sure the refs will not favorite him.
    They don't have to favorite him. Just call the d*mn foul. He don't need to get calls like Durant but some have been too blatant for them to just turn the other cheek the way they've been doing. That's one thing I don't like about this league. The inconsistency.

I don't understand all the hate towards Roberts? I understand that he doesn't run the offense as efficiently as he should but it is his first year in the league. He averages about 8 points a game, shooting a respectable 44% and 40% from three. His defense may not be the greatest but not many on this team can guard that ball. He is a quality scorer and getting the league minimum, he really is playing well compared to Rivers at this point.

Over/Under 20 points scoring the 3rd quarter for the Hornets? I'm taking the under at 15

Quote Originally Posted by BasketballRAM View Post
    I don't understand all the hate towards Roberts? I understand that he doesn't run the offense as efficiently as he should but it is his first year in the league. He averages about 8 points a game, shooting a respectable 44% and 40% from three. His defense may not be the greatest but not many on this team can guard that ball. He is a quality scorer and getting the league minimum, he really is playing well compared to Rivers at this point.
    He's probably been playing the position longer than Rivers has at this point as well.

i like him but he just runs the shot clock down too much. Almost every time he doesnt make an initial move or pass until under 10 seconds are left on the shot clock, rushing other guys when they get the ball and not really creating for others.

Time for our kryptonite known as the third quarter

We generally don't have a problem with Robert's defense nor do we have issues with his shooting. The problem is his overdribbling, decision making, and his refusal to PASS at the end of quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Were you a Julian Wright fan? Aminu and Austin Rivers are probably the worst 2-3 combo in recent NBA history. Realize they're still young/raw but good God almighty they're horrendous.
    Not a JuJu fan. I actually agree with your statement. I was just stating that it was a rough crowd

I see that as well, I've watched him for 6 plus years now as I'm a Dayton fan and that was his role. He was a SG that was forced to play PG and then required to score the ball. It is a terrible habit that he has but I think it will get better, he just needs more time.

please team have no let down quarter this game here!!!! please

Rivers needs to attack Perkins there

It seems like every time Rivers back up and stay low, you're pretty much guaranteed he'll take a three.

vasquez couldnt beat perkins off the dribble smh

I'm still trying to figure out how that pass got there to Aminu.

Thread Information