Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans (5-15) vs Thunder (17-4) 12/12/12

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Roberts, Rivers, Vasquez, and Anderson were all in for that play.
    Let the guy vent irrationally. He likes doing that.

Anywho. I think Davis has gotten enough time to get his feet wet again. Time for him to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Vasquez and his Hero ball. Anderson was open if he would just make a pass there.
    Vasquez had a great look - and the Hornets had enough time for a rebound tip if it missed. Definitely the look they were hoping for.

It was a good game for the Hornets. It shows character when you can bounce back from a bad loss

Durant almost had more free throws by himself than our entire team. SMH.

Get off of Vasquez case! He needed to take the shot after Anderson was covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Let the guy vent irrationally. He likes doing that.

Anywho. I think Davis has gotten enough time to get his feet wet again. Time for him to start again.
    dude u think that was a good drawn up play?? vasquez should not have his hands on the ball with the game on the line. period. Roberts has the hot hand and he is no where near the play. Yea praise monty he is the best..keep it up champ

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Ok, now. There's really no reason not to insert Davis back into the starting lineup for Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Yeah. There are plenty other legitimate reasons to get on his care than taking that shot. It was there. I wish it was Rivers or...*fights back vomit* Roberts, but it wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Ok, now. There's really no reason not to insert Davis back into the starting lineup for Friday night.
    As long as his ankle is feeling ok after a b2b.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    there was absolutely no problem with vasquez taking the shot. He did what was best there. The problem comes with the coach putting him back in there to be in that position.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Durant almost had more free throws by himself than our entire team. SMH.
    and he didn't shoot his eye out either....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    dude u think that was a good drawn up play?? vasquez should not have his hands on the ball with the game on the line. period. Roberts has the hot hand and he is no where near the play. Yea praise monty he is the best..keep it up champ
    Pretty sure the past to Vasquez wasn't part of the play as drawn up.

Hate to say it but if Puddin' was playin these past two game would have been W's. Rabble Rabble. Still at least this was an intense / enjoyable game. Feels like it's been awhile.

I'm sorry,but monty is hard headed at times. Sticking with his lineups even tho they are obviously not working. Let the lead turn to a deficit and then make a change. Seen the same thing from this cat many times. I think he is a promising young coach,but he needs to learn from his mistakes. He seems too stubborn at times to do that.

Maybe i'll get Puddin' for Xmas?! I've been a good boy! I can has?

He's just looking for someone to blame. Pay him no mind.

Only caught the last few minutes (exams), but Rivers looked real good, Roberts hit a few clutch shots, and Davis looked very aware on the floor. Good to see.

Pelicans (5-15) vs Thunder (17-4) 12/12/12

I just get angry with Vasquez and Roberts missing Davis wide open off picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I just get angry with Vasquez and Roberts missing Davis wide open off picks.
    I hope they see that when they look at the film of this game. They don't have the point guard 'vision' that we need most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    He's just looking for someone to blame. Pay him no mind.

Only caught the last few minutes (exams), but Rivers looked real good, Roberts hit a few clutch shots, and Davis looked very aware on the floor. Good to see.
    Like a LOT of what I saw out there. Rivers needs to bring the ball up the court more. Roberts does fine when he's in catch and shoot mode, I see. If he was 6'5" he'd be JR Smith.

obviously not. The part where vasquez catches the ball and passes to ryno was part of the master plan tho. Which should of been roberts/rivers handling vasquez role. In case ryno's shot isn't there which is always a possibility the man making the pass obviously gets ball back since he is closest.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    there was absolutely no problem with vasquez taking the shot. He did what was best there. The problem comes with the coach putting him back in there to be in that position.
    If it went in you would not care. Vasquez has hit money shots before. Anybody other than Anderson, yall will complain. The man put all the people who can hit a 3 in the game if it came to it. Greivis shot looked good. Find another scapegoat.

we should of kept jarret jack he won them the game against Miami today .. smh

Like a LOT of what I saw out there. Rivers needs to bring the ball up the court more. Roberts does fine when he's in catch and shoot mode, I see. If he was 6'5" he'd be JR Smith.
    I don't understand why Monty doesn't run Rivers at the point and let Roberts play off the ball. Much better fit for both their skill sets. I think Roberts actually has a place in this league as a scorer off the bench (especially as a catch-and-shoot guy), but he has to be used right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    we should of kept jarret jack he won them the game against Miami today .. smh
    Jack puts up empty numbers. He is good for the occasional game winner, but for the most part, he folds in the clutch.

Thread Information