Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Gameday Thread: Wizards @ Hornets

I missed the game how did AD and Rivers play?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    They played very well. AD had another game that'll make his PER skyrocket again. Good things just happen when he's near the ball offensively and defensively.

Alg said it. The game looks to be slowing down to Rivers, he's finding his beats and is getting what he wants when he wants it. Just needs to gain more and more confidence.

I thought they both played really well. Austin looked pretty good on both ends of the floor. Was better on rotations. Finished around the rim. Hit some tuff jumpers.
    A.D. was a beast on the glass. Lots of energy. Blocked a few shots. Saw no lingering effects of his injury.
    They were some of the only positives to take from the game.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/horne...-noh-recap.nba

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Rivers had 9 points, 5 FG attempts, and 2 assists at half.

Had 2 points, 3 FG attempts, and 1 assist in the second half.

Gameday Thread: Wizards @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Rivers had 9 points, 5 FG attempts, and 2 assists at half.

Had 2 points, 3 FG attempts, and 1 assist in the second half.
    Wasn't he 4 for 5 in first half and 1 of 3 in second? But technically 1 of 2 cause the last shot was a desperation 3.

I know a loss like this is though but it is good to hear that AD and Austin played well. Just think when EG comes back plus a high draft pick and the cap room we have this is how you rebuild right. Better times are ahead just look at OKC record KD first two years.

He needs to be more aggressive in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    Wasn't he 4 for 5 in first half and 1 of 3 in second? But technically 1 of 2 cause the last shot was a desperation 3.
    Yeah, that three he shot up with 18 seconds was hilarious.

I just will never understand how we take the ball out of Rivers and Roberts hands tonight with how well they were playing and put it in Vasquez's hands in the second half when he was downright awful all game.
    @mcnamara247

curious what kind of value a package of Aminu & Vazquez for a SF could have gotten after the first two weeks of the season

Gameday Thread: Wizards @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, that three he shot up with 18 seconds was hilarious.

I just will never understand how we take the ball out of Rivers and Roberts hands tonight with how well they were playing and put it in Vasquez's hands in the second half when he was downright awful all game.
    As of lately I feel Rivers and Roberts have outplayed Vasquez and Mason to certain degrees.

As bad as it feels to lose to a 2 win team, there were positives. Rivers was finishing shots (thou not at the FT line). AD looked to have no lingering effects of the ankle injury. Anderson with another double-double. (thou he was cold from the 3-pt arc)

Now to why the team lost. The team looked like it relaxed when AD came off the bench, like they didn't have to try as hard. Vasquez was throwing up bricks. Lopez was missing his shots. AF Aminu started, and was back to his usual-self.

In short, the Hornets came out and looked like they knew they were going to beat the hapless Wizards, they raced out to an 11 point lead then coasted to a loss.

I think it might be time for Dell and Monty to shake up the roster. Losing because your out matched is one thing, but losing because your can't/don't give effort is becoming a problem. Just my 2-cents.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You cant run a team with a PG who apparently lost his ability to run a team. We shoot poorly we lose. There is no EJ to carry the team right now. We need to adress SF and PG for sure or we are going nowhere fast.
    We have a much better team than the wizards. No excuses that we lack talent

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    So who do we target at 5-8?
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I am this close to being done with Aminu.
    I just don't understand having a 3 that is zero, ZERO threat to pull up from any range whatsoever. I don't care how athletic or lengthy he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I just don't understand having a 3 that is zero, ZERO threat to pull up from any range whatsoever. I don't care how athletic or lengthy he is.
    Monty has apparently given Aminu a long leash (like he usually does with prospect players) based on his defensive ablilties, which have been lacking this season. I like Aminu's flash, but it seems obvious to me (for what it's worth) that unless A-F-A is out running on the edges looking for the lob-pass to dunk he just loses concentration and interest during games. He is just not a sreious threat on the offense at any given time. And now his defense is lacking so I don't know what else there is for him at this point. Whats puzzling is X got the start over AFA in the two games proir to last nights and did shockingly well, and AFA seemed to perform decent enough off the bench, then last night, vs. what should have been a confidence building game, Monty goes back to AFA and Henry doesn't even see the court. I was there, AFA looked bad. He looked like he couldn't shoot a ping pong ball into a swimming pool. (Not that anyone else not named Rivers was on fire.)

While I can understand the arguement to not give up on any player just yet, That empty roster spot we have isn't helping us win any more games. What would it really hurt to someone a shot. Hell Mike Bibby is interested in playing again, If Mike Fisher can get a shot at his age, it wouldn't hurt this teams chances at the post season to see what he has left in the tank.
    Last edited by Davisistheman; 12-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Thread Information