Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anthony Davis Expected Back This Week

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    It was widely reported by the organization that the time frame would be no where near 8-16 weeks. We have seen Davis working before games for over a week. Now, that may not have been too hard of a workout; but he was still doing basketball activity on it. There is a difference between what the organization has been telling us about EG and AD. We are able to see Davis go through workouts with the team. I believe last week it was reported he practiced with the first team.

Secondly, maybe I am too lazy to do so called "research" or maybe I just don't care enough. But I can assure you that I am not incapable of doing so. The fact that you do your "research" and expect everyone to agree with your claims is what bothers me. I think you need to give the members of this board a little more credit. Not everyone who comes on here has the intelligence of a caveman, and just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us less intelligent than you.
    The dude called him out and he defended himself; he wasn't talking down to anyone. Lets not make an argument out of nothing. If it turns out EJ is trying to hoodini himself out of here so be it. I've come to accept he has an injury that could affect him in the long run, so rather than rush him back in a rebuilding season we need to let him prepare. Hes a potential superstar who can excel on both sides of the court (something pretty rare in this league).

Heard some news that he's really been working on his post moves during this rehab process (AD). Am I the only one that gets super duper excited by that?

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Heard some news that he's really been working on his post moves during this rehab process (AD). Am I the only one that gets super duper excited by that?
    It's easy to get caught up in the negativity of the moment, with AD and Gordon injured, with a poor record, with repeated poor performances, but stuff like this shows what it is really about. It's about perspective and the future, and news about him working on posts move is fantastic. Sky is the limit.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    With his footwork and length? He can pull off some moves no one can touch.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Apparently he hasn't been cleared for contact work, but that should come any day now (maybe it already has).

I want him out there Tuesday, but only if he's ready to go.

AD said he was working a lot on post moves and he also said he really gained a lot of perspective watching the game from the bench, which I actually think helps young players. The game is so fast for them, so sometimes just watching the flow and where mistakes are made from afar can really help focus them.

Can't wait to see this front line whole again. For my money, the best front line 1-4 in the league and I think Lance Thomas is better than 90% of 5th bigs as well.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    With his footwork and length? He can pull off some moves no one can touch.
    I find Davis to have rare proportions, leading to slightly different angles of attack on defense, like in how he gets his hand from A to B. I think this makes him hard to anticipate. Truly a rare prospect.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    AD said he was working a lot on post moves and he also said he really gained a lot of perspective watching the game from the bench, which I actually think helps young players. The game is so fast for them, so sometimes just watching the flow and where mistakes are made from afar can really help focus them.

Can't wait to see this front line whole again. For my money, the best front line 1-4 in the league and I think Lance Thomas is better than 90% of 5th bigs as well.
    Hypothetical (still years away and it's based on Lopez sticking around), we all know when teams enter the playoffs they shorten their rotations. How many guys see the court are based on the coach, but lets just say we do make the playoffs in say two years and Davis, Lopez, Anderson, and Smith are all around. Do you think we stick with that 4 man rotation or maybe shrink it to 3 since some of those guys can play the 4 and 5?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Hypothetical (still years away and it's based on Lopez sticking around), we all know when teams enter the playoffs they shorten their rotations. How many guys see the court are based on the coach, but lets just say we do make the playoffs in say two years and Davis, Lopez, Anderson, and Smith are all around. Do you think we stick with that 4 man rotation or maybe shrink it to 3 since some of those guys can play the 4 and 5?
    I am one of those people that thinks AD is a true center in two years and that both Anderson and Smith can play the 5 in this small ball era where guys like Bosh, Faried, Ibaka, Blake, etc play the 5 in crunch time. This is why I am such a big advocate of moving Lopez this year when his trade value is sky high. I just dont think a 7 footer with no mobility and cant rebound on the defensive end will get much PT in the playoffs when the competition rises. I mean, go back and watch Lopez against Memphis if you disagree.

Davis getting 37 min. Anderson 35. Smith gets 20 and maybe you give 4-8 to a big body who can use some fouls- but that trio is fit for where this NBA is heading IMO. So, if I am Dell I am asking the Clippers about Bledsoe, the Celtics about Bradley, and so on and so on, trying to get a young, quick, defensive minded guard to slow the Westbrook's of the world. Lopez is a luxury, one that a team with this many holes can't afford to have, and IMO, one that won't be as useful in the post season as he is in the regular season

Not sure what the hurry is to get rid of Lopez. He's a rugged 7'er whose actually a decent athlete at the position, based on what I've seen so far. Think his rebounding numbers are deceptive in that he usually does a good job of blocking his guy out and making space for others. Not a glass cleaner but, again, solid. I think you need a dirty work guy like him on the team--at the right price.

On Gordon, where to start. The frustration is that since last December his knee injury has been termed minor, yet it's kept him off the floor for the equivalent of almost an entire season. Combine that with his past injury history, his comments during free agency, and lingering resentment over the Chris Paul trade, and you've got a toxic stew. I'd also add that the fact that Gordon is exactly the element this team is missing--a disruptive guard who can get his own shot and beat the trap on the pick and roll--makes it worse. EG is top five at his position when healthy. But that's a big win and will be until he proves he can stay on the court and be an anchor for the team.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...ie_ant_29.html

Though New Orleans Hornets rookie forward Anthony Davis has been cleared for contact work and practiced Monday at the New Orleans Arena, Hornets Coach Monty Williams is not sure if Davis will make his much anticipated return from a left ankle injury Tuesday night against the Washington Wizards.

Regardless if he plays Tuesday, Davis' return likely will come sometime this week with Davis ramping up his conditioning work to prepare, according to Williams.

But Williams said he wasn’t sure Monday if Davis had met the final clearance that involves testing the strength level in his ankle. Davis, the No. 1 overall pick in the June NBA draft, missed 11 consecutive games because of a stress reaction in his left ankle.

``I’m not sure if he has to take another test today, tomorrow or has already taken it,’’ Williams said. ``He’s been cleared for contact and is ramping up his conditioning. He practiced a little bit but again (we) have to wait until tonight or tomorrow to see how he feels. He has been working with Coach Carlos (Daniel).''

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Not sure what the hurry is to get rid of Lopez. He's a rugged 7'er whose actually a decent athlete at the position, based on what I've seen so far. Think his rebounding numbers are deceptive in that he usually does a good job of blocking his guy out and making space for others. Not a glass cleaner but, again, solid. I think you need a dirty work guy like him on the team--at the right price.
    I think it's less a "hurry" to move Lopez but more of a log jam with our bigs when Davis matures. It's either Anderson or Lopez that gets moved and that's an easy choice, obviously. His value is sky high right now and if we could get some better 3 or PG depth out of it, swing for the fences.
    Wherehappens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Thread Information