Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets (5-13) @ Miami Heat (12-5)

Roberts for 3
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Not sure if Miami is doing a really good job trapping the ball or if it's GV putting himself into bad positions.

They just left Battier wide open for a 3rd time. This team does not make adjustments on the run defensively.

Hornets 90 Heat 106 Final

4th qtr score: NOH 18 MIA 20

2nd qtr played the role of the 3rd qtr tonight

And again AD. 15-20 points EG 15-20 points we win. Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.
    Monty still has the guys playing hard which is nice so i can't complain too much. Losses like these last two just make me wonder what could be if we had all hands on deck consistently.

Its funny how when vasquez has 24, 9 and 6 he is the answer. But after two games in limited minutes he hasnt played as well (still with good assist rates) he is suddenly the devil. And how Henry was useless and "shouldnt have been on an nba roster" 2 games ago, he is now looked upon very favourably on this forum.

Well the troll part of the schedule is over. Healthy roster and normal sched should mean more Ws than Ls from now on.

It's like the team doesn't learn from their mistakes. I mean I know the team is young but that's just weird

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    Its funny how when vasquez has 24, 9 and 6 he is the answer. But after two games in limited minutes he hasnt played as well (still with good assist rates) he is suddenly the devil. And how Henry was useless and "shouldnt have been on an nba roster" 2 games ago, he is now looked upon very favourably on this forum.
    as a Vasquez fan, I think he struggles with teams that has no real center OKC MIA. it's not effecient to run pick and roll with those teams. I can see his frustration.
    Another good lesson for Vasquez, he will get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    To be fair, there are plenty of people that have consistently said Vasquez is a good backup PG- no better, no worse. That seems to be the consensus on this forum amongst those who really know the game from what I have seen. A few good games or a few bad games doesn't change that evaluation
    @mcnamara247

Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets (5-13) @ Miami Heat (12-5)

I clearly said that I was have been a big x hater and he has prove me wrong.

Anyone still think Monty lost the team?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Has anyone seen our wintercourt jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Has anyone seen our wintercourt jerseys?
    I remember seeing 3 types when the catalog came out, blue with yellow, yellow with blue I think, and black
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    To be fair, there are plenty of people that have consistently said Vasquez is a good backup PG- no better, no worse. That seems to be the consensus on this forum amongst those who really know the game from what I have seen. A few good games or a few bad games doesn't change that evaluation
    exactly vazquez is a top 5 backup pg...but maybe a dumb team will want him as their starting pg like they did with collison

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I remember seeing 3 types when the catalog came out, blue with yellow, yellow with blue I think, and black
    I found this:

Here's the original ad that had the other 3 for us

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That is just the current example. It has happened countless times wether it's been Aminu, Rivers heck even back to early Julian Wright. I just agree that a few good or bad games shouldn't have "fans" calling for our players heads on sticks.

Well that was great, an entire telecast (Miami's; watched it on LP) with no idea of the scores except when commentators mentioned it. And no, I couldn't have had TV companion open, as i was watching it taped. Weeew

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Shame. I knew I'd miss this one. Had to perform at Xavier.

We are gonna stink this year, but at least we have a bunch of players who want to be here unlike (Emeka and West). Gonna be exciting when CP comes back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFanJeff View Post
    We are gonna stink this year, but at least we have a bunch of players who want to be here unlike (Emeka and West). Gonna be exciting when CP comes back next year.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFanJeff View Post
    West didn't want to be here? He left for one the same reasons Paul did. I'm sure if Benson bought the team years ago and we never traded Chandler, that core would still be intact.

Thread Information