Pelicans Report

Thread: Davis intends to pursue his degree and graduate in 3 years

Stuff Davis intends to pursue his degree and graduate in 3 years

Glad to hear it, personally. I always love to hear it when players go back to get their degrees if they leave for the NBA before they graduate.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post

Glad to hear it, personally. I always love to hear it when players go back to get their degrees if they leave for the NBA before they graduate.
    I agree....I remember when Vince Carter went and graduated from UNC in the middle of the ECF against the Sixers. He promised his mom she would get to see him walk across the stage no matter what and he did it. I will always respect him for that because he caught a lot of flack from the media and Raptors fans who said he shouldn't have missed practice to fly to North Carolina and graduate....but he didn't care he was doing it for himself and for his mother.

Love it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The head on Davis's shoulders will take him far further than just his length and athleticism alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I agree....I remember when Vince Carter went and graduated from UNC in the middle of the ECF against the Sixers. He promised his mom she would get to see him walk across the stage no matter what and he did it. I will always respect him for that because he caught a lot of flack from the media and Raptors fans who said he shouldn't have missed practice to fly to North Carolina and graduate....but he didn't care he was doing it for himself and for his mother.
    I remember that and it was wierd. How does someone get ridiculed for graduating? I'm sure Pelicans fans wouldn't do the same if Davis has to do that too.

Pelicans fans..

Spidey and MKG preparing for life without basketball, even if neither will need it. Good men. GO BIG BLUE!!
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Glad to see guys stay focused on things other than basketball.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I'm really happy for him. I wish all pro athletes would get a major in finance or business. It would probably help a lot of them manage their fortress and not be bankrupt within a couple years of their athletic careers ending.

Thread Information