Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Proposed trade

Having Davis and McGee is redundant. Davis already does everything McGee does. And if we were to bring in another big, the player needs to be a big true low post player... A type of big we do not have.

Proposed trade

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Having Davis and McGee is redundant. Davis already does everything McGee does. And if we were to bring in another big, the player needs to be a big true low post player... A type of big we do not have.
    Jefferson destroyed us in the post...

Some people on this board are hilarious. If it wasn't for Ryno, this team wouldn't have come close to winning a game this year. He is probably the best value non-rookie contract player in the league. He isn't going anywhere, so cut the crap

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    Some people on this board are hilarious. If it wasn't for Ryno, this team wouldn't have come close to winning a game this year. He is probably the best value non-rookie contract player in the league. He isn't going anywhere, so cut the crap
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    No one on this board is proposing it. Anyone who talks about a trade for Anderson is usually just a Laker fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Lakers/Nuggets/Hornets
    « on: December 03, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got this off Hoopshype, would you do this trade?

Lakers send: Pau Gasol
    Lakers receive: Wilson Chandler & Ryan Anderson

Nuggets send: Wilson Chandler & JaVale McGee
    Nuggets receive: Pau Gasol

Hornets send: Ryan Anderson
    Hornets receive: JaVale Mcgee

why?
    Lakers get the athleticism and shooting they need at the forward positions. Anderson/Howard combo worked before.

Nuggets get another smart veteran in the post, Gasol gets to be the go to guy in Denver

Hornets let Davis get the full spin at PF, and McGee gives them another piece to their rebuilding.
    SMH

go get the shot gun.

All-Star
    take out Anderson and put in Gordon and you got yourself a deal

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    take out Anderson and put in Gordon and you got yourself a deal
    I hope your not serious.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    I hope your not serious.
    what's wrong with getting rid of dead weight? plus I think Monty can coach McGee up

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Denver wouldn't move McGee for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Hornets Send : Xavier Henry and Roger Mason Jr
    Hornets Receive: Kobe Bryant

why?
    Henry and Mason are garbage and Bryant can retire with the team that drafted him.
    yea........ (look ma, i can make stupid trade proposals on the internets too!!)
    ^

I guess we can just turn this into a general trade thread?

Here's something I've been thinking about:

We get: Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler

Clippers get: Lopez and Aminu

Bledsoe is going to get traded - he and Paul make no sense being on the same team. Butler is old, washed up, and he has another year of $8 million on their books (kills our cap for a year, but it's worth it IMO). We give them the backup Center that they need, along with cap space to try to bring in more help for CP and Griffin, and Aminu is an expiring filler.

Then, we could maybe flip Vasquez to the Rockets for either Terrance Jones or Donatas Motiejunas. Neither are playing much, and McHale already said he hates having so many rookies on the team. They have a big hole at backup PG, so I think it definitely fits in terms of need.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Aminu is an expiring filler.
    Which is why the Clippers wouldn't go for it. They're in win now mode. Butler may be old and have a bad PER this year, but he's also hitting 44% from 3 and spaces the floor. Aminu shrinks the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Which is why the Clippers wouldn't go for it. They're in win now mode. Butler may be old and have a bad PER this year, but he's also hitting 44% from 3 and spaces the floor. Aminu shrinks the floor.
    But Aminu plays better defense than Butler. He is also a much better rebounder and athlete on the break (LAC likes to get out and run).

There are trade offs. Aminu shrinks the floor, but he is better than Butler in most other categories, and he is a much better overall fit with their playing style. Plus, they have guys like Matt Barnes and Grant Hill to play SF as well. Lopez is the important piece for them, as he is very cheap for his production and makes them much more respectable in the post. After DJ, they have nothing.

Bledsoe is going to get traded - he and Paul make no sense being on the same team. Butler is old, washed up, and he has another year of $8 million on their books (kills our cap for a year, but it's worth it IMO). We give them the backup Center that they need, along with cap space to try to bring in more help for CP and Griffin, and Aminu is an expiring filler.
    I don't know if LAC does this... Bledsoe is the Jason Smith of their team and could be insurance if CP3 leaves in free agency. I think they try really hard to keep him and down the road, and will part ways with others to overpay him. Their fan base, FO, and coaches all LOVE this guy. Like I said: he's their Jason Smith.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I don't know if LAC does this... Bledsoe is the Jason Smith of their team and could be insurance if CP3 leaves in free agency. I think they try really hard to keep him and down the road, and will part ways with others to overpay him. Their fan base, FO, and coaches all LOVE this guy. Like I said: he's their Jason Smith.
    That's the kicker here, if they have any doubt that Chris could leave, they aren't moving Bledsoe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    No chance of happening, why would we sign him to the amount that we did if we was to trade em later? Then he is playing the best ball of his career.

There is no way this is enough to get Bledsoe. You're really overvaluing Lopez, and undervaluing Bledsoe. If you remember, Bledsoe was the only untouchable in the CP negotiations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-09 11.33.15 pm.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	4517
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-09 11.36.23 pm.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	4518

would anybody want either of these?
    would either team do those?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Bledsoe was the only untouchable in the CP negotiations.
    I thought it was a "one or the other" thing between either gordon or bledsoe; wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    There is no way this is enough to get Bledsoe. You're really overvaluing Lopez, and undervaluing Bledsoe. If you remember, Bledsoe was the only untouchable in the CP negotiations.
    That isn't true at all. Rumors were that we had to choose between Bledsoe and Aminu. We went with Aminu because he had more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    I thought it was a "one or the other" thing between either gordon or bledsoe; wasn't it?
    Yea. This was it. My bad. Still, I'd say that if they valued him the same as Gordon then they think fairly highly of him.

That isn't true at all. Rumors were that we had to choose between Bledsoe and Aminu. We went with Aminu because he had more potential.
    oh really? b/t aminu & bledsoe? I guess we messed up.

Thread Information