Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies (13-3) @ New Orleans Hornets (5-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Furreal though cause he play poo against weak teams
    He read the forum lol. Wesley mentioned him practicing non stop on glass work and such.

we only lost this game at the free throw line, we had exact same amount of threes and field goals made, but they had 10 more free throws then us.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Xavier Henry looked good tonight. I'd like to see more of that from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    we only lost this game at the free throw line, we had exact same amount of threes and field goals made, but they had 10 more free throws then us.
    They also out rebounded us and had twice as many second chance opportunities. They definitely did a better job of getting to the line. Especially those and1 opportunities.

Good effort tonight. The place only looked about 1/3 full. I know the big guns aren't playing right now, but the team still needs your support, New Orleans.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Yea i was there. It was pretttttaaaaayyy empty especially for a friday night.
    Even though we lost still an enjoyable game. Got pretty exciting at the end. I am seeing improvement for sure.
    Rivers had a one of the better games of his young career. I swear i see flashes of greatness in that kid and then flashes of what i can only describe as DERP. Even then the kid plays with a TON of heart.
    I didn't look at the box but it seemed to me while sitting there Randerson DID NOT get enough touches tonight.

IMO Rivers should come off the bench as PG with Roberts at SG. Rivers learning. Roberts doing what he loves most...shooting.

Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies (13-3) @ New Orleans Hornets (5-12)

Ill eat my words. Watching game just now .. But x played well it seems. I'm suprised

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    A lot of positives to gain from this game, but oh well. The 20 to 27 3Q was especially good to see.
    Wherehappens.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    A lot of positives to gain from this game, but oh well. The 20 to 27 3Q was especially good to see.
    Like I said, that's the best 3rd quarter team in the league, more than doubling the margin of the 2nd place team.

At one point late in the fourth I thought about how happy I was with Monty and his rotations. Then he goes to taking Jason Smith in favor of Robin Lopez. I'm sure he would like that one back. There was also no reason to let Miller play 27 minutes and only play X 21 minutes, he was playing well tonight.

Also, Monty was visibly VERY upset with Miller not making the rotation out to Pondexter on one of the late threes.

X definitely shoulda played more. I think Monty just stuck with the rotation because it was working out fairly well. For those griping about pulling Lopez, the dude was just plain AWFUL tonight. He couldn't rebound, he couldn't shoot, he was just plain getting outworked. He did at least check Gasol.

I don't get why Rivers is at SG and Roberts the PG on that 2nd unit. Their skills actually kind of complement each other fairly well except the ball is in the wrong person's hand. Roberts is a DEADEYE shooter. When he gets an open look, I expect it to go in. Rivers has the best handles on the team and much better vision when dribbling than Roberts. Overall though, the 2nd unit played well tonight. Greveis was terrible. It's not like these it shows how important Gentleman Jack really was to this team last year in keeping us competitive.

Rivers can be looked at 2 ways. The Rivers you saw tonight you can expect to see as he grows more comfortable or the Rivers that just doesn't have the consistency to play significant minutes in the NBA. Personally, I think he will settle down, get comfortable, and figure it out. Just put the ball in his damn hands. If you won't let him run PG when EG10 is out, when will you?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Also, Monty was visibly VERY upset with Miller not making the rotation out to Pondexter on one of the late threes.
    Saw this... Anybody else felt bad for Farouq tonight? Monty making a true statment with no slackers approach.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    No, I didn't/don't.

He started off the season really well and has fallen off. Makes me think he may be one of those guys who's offense dictates his defense.

Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies (13-3) @ New Orleans Hornets (5-12)

Anyone plan on making highlights for Rivers and the rest of the crew, I missed the crossover

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Missed the entire game. And rivers highlights?

X should start at 2 but definitely only benched Aminu to send a message, I expect him to be back in the lineup very soon. Roger Mason should be the 12th man

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Saw this... Anybody else felt bad for Farouq tonight? Monty making a true statment with no slackers approach.
    Why would anyone feel bad for AFA? Monty handed him the starting gig, and Aminu dogged it. Monty would have kept playing him if he saw the effort from Aminu, but he was half-*** running out at 3-point shooters, he stopped running the floor like he did at the beginning of the season, and Monty had enough. I don't feel bad for him at all. In fact, I'm kind of angry with him. The guy is one of the most athletic players in the league, and we all saw what he can do when he plays hard. The guy just doesn't get it, and it disturbs me.

The Franchise
    Was impressed with Rivers, he has a long way to go but shows a lot of flashes. His confidence is probably quite low, but he gets quite a few open 3s in transition that he passes up - I am sure this will come with time
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Question for u guys.. Who would u rather reach their full potential.. Xavier or Aminu? Who would be the better player of the two if they were both able to somehow live up to best case predraft expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    Was impressed with Rivers, he has a long way to go but shows a lot of flashes. His confidence is probably quite low, but he gets quite a few open 3s in transition that he passes up - I am sure this will come with time
    Offseason is huge for him... We know he works hard but he needs to put muscle on. Guys that motivated don't fail

I'd like to know if that columnist/beat writer that said he has trouble beating people off the dribble is blind. That cross over works every time. I'd like to see him try my favorite move, the double crossover. That one will give space to pop short jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Alot of guys were pushing themselves in the 4th, trying to pull it out with hustle alone. Poor Monty looked crushed by the loss.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Question for u guys.. Who would u rather reach their full potential.. Xavier or Aminu? Who would be the better player of the two if they were both able to somehow live up to best case predraft expectations
    Probably Aminu just because he has better physical attributes. If he were to hit his ceiling... great, lengthy defense, strong attacking the rim, competent shooter... scary.

And now we come back down to earth.

Rookie
    Not sure if it was posted anywhere else, but someone asked for highlights of Rivers...

NOT MY VIDEO

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Also, here's 4 of Jason Smith's dunks from the game -

Thread Information