Pelicans Report

Thread: Great article about the true nature of THE PELICAN!

Great article about the true nature of THE PELICAN!

For those that have decided that a pelican is a horrible nickname for our pro basketball team bc it's a *****, non-threatening/intimidating animal, you obviously are talking out of your *** and haven't used one ounce of logic in coming to this conclusion. That'd be like saying Steve Nash could never have been a good basketball player bc he is skinny, Canadian, and white. Looks can be deceiving. This article describes Pelicans' true nature in comparison to other animals, nicknames, and birds in general better than anything I've read on any blog site or article on the Internet. Suck on this haters.

http://m.deadspin.com/5966336/****-y...-new-team-name

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGetWaffles View Post
    For those that have decided that a pelican is a horrible nickname for our pro basketball team bc it's a *****, non-threatening/intimidating animal, you obviously are talking out of your *** and haven't used one ounce of logic in coming to this conclusion. That'd be like saying Steve Nash could never have been a good basketball player bc he is skinny, Canadian, and white. Looks can be deceiving. This article describes Pelicans' true nature in comparison to other animals, nicknames, and birds in general better than anything I've read on any blog site or article on the Internet. Suck on this haters.

http://m.deadspin.com/5966336/****-y...-new-team-name
    Pelicans are monumentally stupid birds. They often die because they try ingest things too big for their throats to handle and they do inexplicable things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsbSnn15ChA

Go to 1:31 of that vid to see a Pelican, for no apparent reason, jump into the fire.

And I will always maintain that any man who is intimidated by a Pelican is a wimp. I've been around them in large groups where they will nearly crap themselves if you get too close to them. Clap your hands or stomp your foot and they'll probably have a heart attack right in front of you.

With things like speckled king snakes, cottonmouth pit vipers, alligators, and black bears in Louisiana, there were obviously better choices for the "intimidation" factor.

Rationalize all you like--the name is a dud with the NOLA fanbase and the larger sports world alike.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

It's been said before but not every name needs to be "intimidating". I don't even know why people are still talking about "intimidation". There are already names out there that aren't "intimidating" in the least bit. And since this article is laced with profanity, the dump is where it will sit for now.

Thread Information