Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Attn. National Media: Pelicans IS Part of New Orleans Sports History {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    That says it all as far as I'm concerned, I'm just happy Benson doesn't feel the same way.
    Once again this isn't a two name race. I don't want Bounce either just if it was a one or the other situation.

As long as the logo looks something like this I will be happy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewOrleansPelicans.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	4514

The problem I have is the history in a different way. For background for our younger set, right before the Zephyrs moved here, Benson was in the running to bring a AA baseball team here. He purchased the naming rights for Pelicans for the expected team. When the Z's moved in, he never let the rights laspe. This just reminds me of the pre-2005 Benson. The one too cheap to spend additional money on a well-thought out plan. The one who threatened to move the Saints to San Antonio. It's not a warm fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    The problem I have is the history in a different way. For background for our younger set, right before the Zephyrs moved here, Benson was in the running to bring a AA baseball team here. He purchased the naming rights for Pelicans for the expected team. When the Z's moved in, he never let the rights laspe. This just reminds me of the pre-2005 Benson. The one too cheap to spend additional money on a well-thought out plan. The one who threatened to move the Saints to San Antonio. It's not a warm fuzzy.
    Say anything about Benson you want, but can you really call him "cheap" after he ponied up 330 million to buy the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Say anything about Benson you want, but can you really call him "cheap" after he ponied up 330 million to buy the franchise?
    I did say pre-2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    Ironically, I think it was the AA from Charlotte (Charlotte Knights) that he was negotiating to bring here.

Thread Information