Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stern talks about Hornets, Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Am I kidding you, who the hell are you for me to be kidding? Stern is the worst sports commissioner out, worse than Goodell, you're {Mod edit-no personal attacks} and a homer which is why you don't see that....

I didn't care where the Franchise went as far as location, and just because there is a conspiracy theory(which there is one every year in the lottery) I should like him?

Please just don't reply, good...? GOOD
    Stopped readin right there. You're not from here and not a Saints fan. You think you know but you have no idea.

I used to H A T E Stern. After all the BS we went through he is by far my favorite Commissioner of any sport ever. Stern's a G.

THANK YOU DAVID STERN! This can't be said enough! He saved the NBA in New Orleans, not only keeping it out of the hands of an owner who would move the team, but putting in place a Marketing group to help move the product locally, to helping get a better TV deal done. And Last but not Least vetoing that Terrible 1st CP3 trade that would have given us the 3 over 30 players with high salaries in a new NBA CBA market. I mean his actions gave us Anthony Freaking Davis! Good gosh! Are these Lakers fans on this board posing as Hornets fans?

NBA Commissioner David Stern made his first visit this season to the New Orleans Arena Wednesday night and raved about the progress the franchise has made under owner Tom Benson.

Before attending Wednesday night’s game against the Lakers, Stern toured the construction site that will house the Hornets’ new practice facility and business offices at the Saints complex in Metairie. Construction at both facilities is expected to be completed by next season.

``We’re very pleased on the behalf of the NBA to see what they’re doing out there at the Saints’ practice facility,’’ Stern said. ``They are building a headquarters to house the Hornets staff, they building a new practice facility. They’re using both organizations to help the other. We couldn’t be happier and it’s good that we’re here. I’m delighted to be here to take in the game.’’
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Stopped readin right there. You're not from here and not a Saints fan. You think you know but you have no idea.

I used to H A T E Stern. After all the BS we went through he is by far my favorite Commissioner of any sport ever. Stern's a G.
    The Saints deserved what they got, and I like the Saints(they arent my team but I like them)

Stern is only a G because New Orleans still has a basketball team... that is the only valid reason I have seen on here, which is fine and all, but you still dont see the big picture, the bigger markets still rule the NBA, coaches get fined for coaching, fines and suspensions are a joke.

Im looking at this from a Hornets/Pelicans fan standpoint, not a New Orleans fan standpoint
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Stern has long run his course as a good commissioner. He lets his ego make decision for him and he hasn't done much to fix the true problems with the sport.

I'm thankful for having him make it a personal issue to save basketball here. However that doesn't make up for all the other things he has been apart of or his unwillingness to move the sport to becoming a better product. Hopefully Silver is better, but I highly doubt it.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Vinny, you lack information.
    Says who?.....

Vinny you must be butt hurt the Nets are now in Brooklyn lol

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Vinny you must be butt hurt the Nets are now in Brooklyn lol
    Umm what? I hate the Nets, I hated them when they were in Jersey, and im glad they are gone...

Im a Hornets fan....???

I dont think the Saints "deserved what they got," but this probably isn't the place to have that discussion.

Says who?.....
    Says people with information.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I hope the standing ovation overrules the boo's he'll likely get from the Lakers fans. A lot of them are still salty about that Chris Paul thing.
    You'd think the fact that they've won 8 championships while he's been Commissioner would placate them somewhat, but it appears not.

I still think Game 6 2002/Donaghy is the blackest mark on Stern's reign.. that and Seattle moving.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

The Saints deserved what they got, and I like the Saints(they arent my team but I like them)

Stern is only a G because New Orleans still has a basketball team... that is the only valid reason I have seen on here, which is fine and all, but you still dont see the big picture, the bigger markets still rule the NBA, coaches get fined for coaching, fines and suspensions are a joke.

Im looking at this from a Hornets/Pelicans fan standpoint, not a New Orleans fan standpoint
    Saints did not deserve what they got. Appeals still on-going. Suspending a head coach for a year is unprecedented but you want to complain about fines and suspensions in the nba....please.

Suspensions are a joke.. just like the ones the Saints got. You contradict your own statements.

Again, just re-enforcing my point. You THINK you know but you have no idea. Please don't comment on things involving New Orleans when you have no clue. I don't care what standpoint you're looking at it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    You'd think the fact that they've won 8 championships while he's been Commissioner would placate them somewhat, but it appears not.

I still think Game 6 2002/Donaghy is the blackest mark on Stern's reign.. that and Seattle moving.
    Lakers fans are arrogant, they feel that their rich history entitles them to be. This is true of the home grown LA fans, and even more so, the bandwagon fans across the country. Kinda like Cowboys fans “run-amok”, for the NFL fans on this site. Not all, but but enough to taint the whole lot-of-em.
    Last edited by Davisistheman; 12-11-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar

Keep in mind, this is a New Orleans Hornets board so tread lightly when bashing us. You won't have many if any friends here.

We can go on about the Saints and the joke investigation but this board isn't about them.

So much tension.

Vinny, dnt be such a bubblegum head.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I don't know how anyone can say Stern is the worse commissioner. How about Gary Bettman and the NHL. This is his third lockout, and it's about to be the second full season lockout. That's just terrible. Goodell is just worried about avoiding lawsuits, and his tenure as commissioner has done nothing to enhance the game of football. I'd say he has diminished football. No one wants these thursday night games where only a few people can watch, and no one wants 18 regular season games when all you preach is player safety. I don't care one bit abou MLB, so I say Stern is at least better than the NHL and NFL Commissioners.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Saints did not deserve what they got. Appeals still on-going. Suspending a head coach for a year is unprecedented but you want to complain about fines and suspensions in the nba....please.

Suspensions are a joke.. just like the ones the Saints got. You contradict your own statements.

Again, just re-enforcing my point. You THINK you know but you have no idea. Please don't comment on things involving New Orleans when you have no clue. I don't care what standpoint you're looking at it from.
    They didnt deserve what they got? And why not?
    They set up a bounty system to get players hurt(the thing the NFL is trying to avoid)

I like Sean Payton but his one season suspension was warranted, he is the coach, he shouldn't allowed that to happen.

Payton/Saints didnt get fined for resting their players... now did they?

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    Keep in mind, this is a New Orleans Hornets board so tread lightly when bashing us. You won't have many if any friends here.

We can go on about the Saints and the joke investigation but this board isn't about them.
    Is there a non New Orleans, Hornets thread?

Its not like my opinion is illogical at all, im not here to get on people's good side or anything. Im voicing my opinion as a Hornets fan

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They didnt deserve what they got? And why not?
    They set up a bounty system to get players hurt(the thing the NFL is trying to avoid)

I like Sean Payton but his one season suspension was warranted, he is the coach, he shouldn't allowed that to happen.

Payton/Saints didnt get fined for resting their players... now did they?
    God. They got to you too...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    So much tension.
    Na its just a friendly argument

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    God. They got to you too...
    For a team that is so stricken with injustice, my Seahawks tried to help u guys out....

We gave you two damn LBs to make up for Vilma...
    Your offense was untouched with suspensions

Vilma wouldn't have played for most of the season anyway, you guys will be ok

Na its just a friendly argument
    Vinny would u like to participate in a friendly battle on NbA 2k13? I would to whoop u up right now in some good ol 2k

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    For a team that is so stricken with injustice, my Seahawks tried to help u guys out....

We gave you two damn LBs to make up for Vilma...
    Your offense was untouched with suspensions

Vilma wouldn't have played for most of the season anyway, you guys will be ok
    Not remotely what I mean. I mean you've bought into the line of BS the NFL fed the world.

The oh so clever manipulations designed to turn the sheeple's opinions in a specific given way like saying their investigation went over 50,000 pages of documents for evidence...which gets shortened erroenously to 50,000 pages of evidence. Using the word bounty ad nauseum that no other image but a certain one is conjured in people's minds. And that's just how they manipulated the people through clever wordplay.

Not the place, but how can you believe hook, line, and sinker that we intentionally targeted players when the purest evidence of all is that none of the 'going after the outside ACL' stuff actually happened? Where are all the injuries if there was a bounty program? Pay for play, whatever. Not legal, fine, lose draft picks. But lose our coach for a season? A complete travesty. I hope the trial completely rips to shreds every piece of "evidence" Goodell drums up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not remotely what I mean. I mean you've bought into the line of BS the NFL fed the world.

The oh so clever manipulations designed to turn the sheeple's opinions in a specific given way like saying their investigation went over 50,000 pages of documents for evidence...which gets shortened erroenously to 50,000 pages of evidence. Using the word bounty ad nauseum that no other image but a certain one is conjured in people's minds. And that's just how they manipulated the people through clever wordplay.

Not the place, but how can you believe hook, line, and sinker that we intentionally targeted players when the purest evidence of all is that none of the 'going after the outside ACL' stuff actually happened? Where are all the injuries if there was a bounty program? Pay for play, whatever. Not legal, fine, lose draft picks. But lose our coach for a season? A complete travesty. I hope the trial completely rips to shreds every piece of "evidence" Goodell drums up.
    You mean the dog the bounty hunter power point presentation with digitally doctored up napkins as the main piece of evidence?
    Vinny again..you think you know but you have no idea. Don't believe everything you read.
    There are signs all over the city here which i think applies to you, me, and everyone
    "Think that you might be wrong"

Thread Information