.
Pelicans Report
 

View Poll Results: Better name ?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pelicans

    44 30.99%
  • Krewe

    57 40.14%
  • Brass

    41 28.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 49 of 49

Thread: PELICANS, KREWE or BRASS

  1. #26
    Unconscious Contributor 504fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    1,313

    PELICANS, KREWE or BRASS

    Kreme or Brass. I really don't like Pelicans. I'm on record as saying I'd rather Hornets. At the end of the day I will support my hometown team but don't expect me to buy any crap with the name Pelicans on it.

  2. #27
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Artic Land
    Posts
    1,998
    I like the "Witch Doctors" myself.

  3. #28
    And Pelicans is actually winning at the moment...

  4. #29
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,921
    Something funny is definetly going on. Hilariously funny.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

  5. #30
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,946
    I still prefer Voodoo over any other option out there. Out of these three I like Brass the most. Starting not to care what the name is though.

  6. #31
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    These you can stomach but not Pelicans? I swear some of you people are bat**** insane! No offense, but it just blows my mind...
    I don't even consider people who like Pelicans bat **** insane. If this were for a new MLB team I'd even like Pelicans. I personally don't like it for an NBA team. In that context I disdain it and those other names are a better fit...to me.

    Now, if you want to regain some IQ points, I'd suggest not calling someone bat**** insane then putting "no offense" in the same sentence. Ate too many fish heads?

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Something funny is definetly going on. Hilariously funny.
    It's just that everyone who didn't care or doesn't like brass or krewe is voting for the name already announced

  8. #33
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,921
    Either way, it his hilarious to me.

  9. #34
    If I posted this on my facebook. I'm sure we would get tons of new members just to vote this if the outrage is as bad as they are acting

  10. #35
    IM WINNING B504ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,073
    Drew Brees ‏@drewbrees
    Another option for our hoop team…the New Orleans Brass

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    Drew Brees ‏@drewbrees
    Another option for our hoop team…the New Orleans Brass
    Yea lol Drew doesn't seem to like it. he mentioned Krewe and Cajuns also. Call up Benson Drew!

  12. #37
    oh well if the million dollar man doesn't like..well we'll just have to re-consider.

    you guys realize there is a football team named The Dolphins right.... ?

  13. #38
    Starter CarnbY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I don't even consider people who like Pelicans bat **** insane. If this were for a new MLB team I'd even like Pelicans. I personally don't like it for an NBA team. In that context I disdain it and those other names are a better fit...to me.

    Now, if you want to regain some IQ points, I'd suggest not calling someone bat**** insane then putting "no offense" in the same sentence. Ate too many fish heads?
    Lighten up, just 'cause you're insane doesn't mean I hate you :P I just can't take you seriously when you like a terrible name like that and can't stomach Pelicans. It's like a Justin Bieber fan critisizing my taste in music. Things like these are obviously subjective, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

    And for the record I prefer sheep heads.

  14. #39
    I voted Krewe, although I'd be happy with either of the three.

    Krewe > Pelicans > Brass then a big drop off to the next group like Dukes/Pilots/Knights/Gators/Crescents then a massive drop off to garbage like ArcAngels/NeoNights/MudBugs.

  15. #40
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    Lighten up, just 'cause you're insane doesn't mean I hate you :P I just can't take you seriously when you like a terrible name like that and can't stomach Pelicans. It's like a Justin Bieber fan critisizing my taste in music. Things like these are obviously subjective, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

    And for the record I prefer sheep heads.
    Still, it's asinine to call people names for having differing opinions.

  16. #41
    im starting to like brass.. we can incorporate brass knuckles in the logo

    #QUAILS MOM

  17. #42
    Starter CarnbY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Still, it's asinine to call people names for having differing opinions.
    When the opinion becomes asinine I stop caring.

  18. #43
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    129
    Ladies and Genlemen your New Orleans Brass!!! New Orleans is all about music and since we can't have the Jazz back the Brass would be an excellant choice. I can see a cool logo with a NOLA BRASS PLAYER spinning a basketball ball in one hand and playing a sax in the other hand. I also think we should have live jazz music at the games like we had last year. The few games I was able to attend the music was excellant and gave the arena a real positive vibe. Good music has always been a New Orleans trademark. As a kid I will never forget Al Hirt at the early Saints game in Tulane Stadium it was a very cool and hip atmosphere. Geaux BRASS!!!!

  19. #44
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    PELICANS, KREWE or BRASS

    I'm convinced Bensons camp leaked that story to see if the fan base would like Pelicans. Since everyone seemed to hate it, it's scratched off the list. And I am not going to be convinced otherwise. HOPEFUL. Lol

  20. #45
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    Lighten up, just 'cause you're insane doesn't mean I hate you :P I just can't take you seriously when you like a terrible name like that and can't stomach Pelicans. It's like a Justin Bieber fan critisizing my taste in music. Things like these are obviously subjective, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

    And for the record I prefer sheep heads.
    Dumb example. Music has very obvious lines in the form of genres, which the Bieber camp belongs to the Pop scene. We all know what that scene is about. Here, however, are about just random names with nothing to bind them into groups like music. HIGHLY more subjective than music obviously.


    As for the poll, it's interesting that Pelicans can now overtake Brass when before the announcement, Brass blew it out the water everytime. I'd be curious to know if this is some type of human emotional syndrome at play.

  21. #46
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    We've had quite a few polls on this topic and I was curious so I went back to find some and I haven't come across one where BOTH Pelicans AND Brass were included together giving Brass a chance to blow Pelicans out of the water. I thought I was going to see Pelicans in the polls because it had been brought up lots of times. Or maybe you meant everytime Pelican was mentioned in a renaming thread people said they'd rather Brass (no poll included)?

  22. #47
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,690
    I could easily live with this poll if it came down to it.

    http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...9,r:2,s:0,i:93
    Wherehappens.

  23. #48
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    We've had quite a few polls on this topic and I was curious so I went back to find some and I haven't come across one where BOTH Pelicans AND Brass were included together giving Brass a chance to blow Pelicans out of the water. I thought I was going to see Pelicans in the polls because it had been brought up lots of times. Or maybe you meant everytime Pelican was mentioned in a renaming thread people said they'd rather Brass (no poll included)?
    There is the poll on page 1 of this thread that included both, and other polls where Pelicans was always near the bottom (Saintsreport). I also could have sworn one of the polls done here had Pelicans make the cut, but Brass either won or was a close 2nd. If not, it's even worse that Pelicans didn't even make the cut to put on a poll.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.

  24. #49
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    There is the poll on page 1 of this thread that included both, and other polls where Pelicans was always near the bottom (Saintsreport). I also could have sworn one of the polls done here had Pelicans make the cut, but Brass either won or was a close 2nd. If not, it's even worse that Pelicans didn't even make the cut to put on a poll.
    Oh yeah, I know this one on page one has both Brass and Pelicans but the ones I looked at after Benson bought the team didn't have both. Nobody put it in a poll but there were quite a few saying they liked or didn't mind Pelicans. Of course there were some saying they hated it too. Like I said though, I was surprised that as much as Pelicans had been talked about, no one put it in the polls. Even talking about how Benson owned the name, I didn't see it in the polls. At least not in any of the polls I looked at here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •