Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Here's my take. Benson wants the team to appeal to all of Louisiana, so Brass and Krewe went out the window. Hey Benson, the rest of Louisiana sucks and gives $200 speeding tickets for going 5 mph over. Do Brass you fool!

Now I'm in the angry phase.

Now that the name is pretty much set, let's focus on getting people to the games.

After being a huge supporter of this team for about 18 years...this hurts... a lot

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What will they call the Honeybee's now?
    the Pelican Briefs?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuckle View Post
    Basketball players aren't 11 years old so this isn't very likely.
    Seriously. That is the dumbest reason to not like the name. Think it's stupid in and of itself? Sure. Fine. But think that for a millisecond no one will want to sign here because they dislike the name that much? Someone should slap the their face off.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Can't wait for 2 years from now when Pelican fans are like "man, remember when we got all worked up about Pelicans and claimed to never buy any merch? Look at us now, we got over it because we are reasonable people."
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    the silver lining I see is that our mascot's pecker would probably be the envy of the league....
    You light up my life.

Going to the games like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birde-of-war.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	4498

"Carmello Anthony, you are now the face of the franchise named after underpants."
    "Kobe Bryant, you are now a proud member of a team best represented by a moderately sized body of water."
    "Deron Williams, welcome to the Nets! That thing that, you know, you throw the ball through. Why didn't we call ourselves the Hoops? That's just silly."
    "Dwyane Wade, we hope that your shot will be just like our team name."

"Anthony Davis, it is time for you to gobble up the rest of the league like our namesake does to everything it sees."

But if they ok it though, will you then think to yourself, "well, I guess they don't care if this brand sells globally since they ok'd it"?
    Yup either they don't care or they're taking a risk hoping it will be accepted everywhere outside of the gulf coast....but thats just my way of thinking I'm thinking of how the name and logo will effect not only the region exposure but globally because I want the team to be a destination for more than local sponsors and investors. Kinda like the Saints were able to sell the naming rights to the Superdome to Mercedes Benz instead of Louisiana Seafood Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    "Carmello Anthony, you are now the face of the franchise named after underpants."
    "Kobe Bryant, you are now a proud member of a team best represented by a moderately sized body of water."
    "Deron Williams, welcome to the Nets! That thing that, you know, you throw the ball through. Why didn't we call ourselves the Hoops? That's just silly."
    "Dwyane Wade, we hope that your shot will be just like our team name."

"Anthony Davis, it is time for you to gobble up the rest of the league like our namesake does to everything it sees."
    "And not only that, in our belly our opponents will find a new definition of pain and suffering as they are slowly digested over a thousand years."

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyWhoDats View Post
    Going to the games like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birde-of-war.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	4498
    I'm In!
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuckle View Post
    Can't wait for 2 years from now when Pelican fans are like "man, remember when we got all worked up about Pelicans and claimed to never buy any merch? Look at us now, we got over it because we are reasonable people."
    I'll remember the day I checked twitter and got really really excited before hopping on hornetsreport to laugh at all the hate.
    Wherehappens.

What will they call the Honeybee's now?

The Beak-Shakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    The Beak-Shakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Doesn't keep anyone from signing with the Bucks, etc.
    LOL actually yeah it does.....Jennings is on the next thing smokin in the offseason if he's not traded and Ellis was traded there....

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I'm In!
    No. You're PelicIN

***Disclaimer: Credit for PelicIN goes to Tip-Off.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    No. You're PelicIN

***Disclaimer: Credit for PelicIN goes to Tip-Off.
    Indeed. I'm using that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    LOL actually yeah it does.....Jennings is on the next thing smokin in the offseason if he's not traded and Ellis was traded there....
    He is not wanting to leave the Bucks because of the team name. That is just a ridiculous argument.

That's because they suck. It has nothing to do with their name. I hope you don't really believe that's the reason he wants out...

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Yes, that's because of the name of the team.

Kibner, penuckle. Awesome.

To all the complainers: get it out now. This conversation is about to end. I'd love to see what remains from some after their little complaint checklist is in tatters.

Not people who don't like the name; the cadre of semi-pro complainers. Your time has come.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    After being a huge supporter of this team for about 18 years...this hurts... a lot
    I feel you. I feel bad for all of the people out of the country that loves the team and name just as much as us locals. I think it's a selfish name change but I don't really have an issue with the actual name

Thread Information