Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    I'm guessing Pete.

Come to think of it, if the colors are going to be red, navy, and gold, we're going to look an awful lot like the Hawks. I wonder why the NBA said there was "too much black" in the league? The cliche "red/some shade of blue/whatever else" (or just plain red) is just as widespread.
    Hawks have more of a silver thing going on now.

If anything red, navy and gold might be similar to the Cavs' current logo. But there are different shades of red, and gold that could make ours different.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Hawks have more of a silver thing going on now.

Yeah I know, but for years the traditional Hawks colors were red, black & yellow (gold). The picture of a mock jersey posted here earlier instantly reminded of the Hawks.

It all depends on how the colors are used and which shade of gold is chosen.

HR Sim League

saw this somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The logo, color scheme, and team name are 3 completely different aspect of the rebranding. Neither impact the other and there's no reason to settle.
    What? No they aren't separate at all.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    The logo, color scheme, and team name are 3 completely different aspect of the rebranding. Neither impact the other and there's no reason to settle.
    Last I checked, the team name affects the logo, which has some impact on the color. They may not completely be 100% tied to each other but to say they are completely different aspects and has no impact is silly.

Wow. I just found out Celtics was chosen over Whirlwinds, Olympians and Unicorns.

Re: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

I can't wait till clever photoshops involving unibrows and pelicans start happening. It will be a gold mine.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I just found out Celtics was chosen over Whirlwinds, Olympians and Unicorns.
    Unicorns?! naaaawwwwwwwwwwwww no way!?!

I love the celtics name

regardless of name anything is better then getting called Char sorry New Orleans Hornets... and with that im out...

Drew Brees posted "Another option for the hoop team, New Orleans Brass" Is he just considering this name, or is he saying they are also highly considering changing it to that name instead of the Pelicans now? mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Drew Brees posted "Another option for the hoop team, New Orleans Brass" Is he just considering this name, or is he saying they are also highly considering changing it to that name instead of the Pelicans now? mmmm
    Well, apparently Stern was with the Saints today so maybe he let Drew in on something.

http://twitpic.com/bjconv

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I'd love Brass

I think Drew is just trolling for Twitter hits and retweets. I doubt he has any inside knowledge whatsoever.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I think Drew is just trolling for Twitter hits and retweets. I doubt he has any inside knowledge whatsoever.
    Not that it leads any credence to it being Brass, but you really think that Brees cares about twitter hits?

fwiw I think he just heard about that and liked it, that's all. For the record I'd be totally down with Brass though it makes us look like Utah's little brother.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    The logo, color scheme, and team name are 3 completely different aspect of the rebranding. Neither impact the other...
    Okay.

These are all franchises without a tangible entity for a mascot. For them particularly, the only way to possibly brand themselves and create an identity is through using their name.

Primary logo? Check. Displays color scheme? Check. Displays the team name? Check.

Primary logo? Check. Displays color scheme? Check. Displays the team name? Check.

So are you still going to tell us that the three DO NOT go hand-in-hand?

there's no reason to settle.
    You are entitled to your opinion that it's not a good name. But I find that on this issue (and others) you tend to speak in an "absolute truth" type of tone at times. Who says that they're settling? I don't think you know that for certain. You also make it sound like we will be mocked and ridiculed by ESPN and 90% of the world forever and ever for all eternity, when history suggests that it will eventually become engrained and accepted. And since we have clearly seen that logo, color scheme, and the team name do in fact go hand in hand, it's hard to speak in absolutes about it when we don't have a brand to permanently associate the name to. And even if you continue to hate it after the branding is revealed, it won't necessarily make the rebrand an absolute failure--it would just be a failure in your eyes. Can't please everyone. There would be a vocal group of haters for the name no matter what would be picked.
    Last edited by djpaul89; 12-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I honestly like the Pelicans name. Since you guys are worried about what people think lets name the team The New Orleans Swag! Yeah. No

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Yes. And?
    You stated that those that did not like the team and claimed they would support a team with that name - "I'm like, BYE! C'ya! They won't be missed." This team needs all the supporters it can get. So people who stop supporting would certainly be missed.

The New Orleans Based Boys...... ThankYouBasedGod!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I honestly like the Pelicans name. Since you guys are worried about what people think lets name the team The New Orleans Swag! Yeah. No
    That's what I said when I first saw New Orleans Bounce Uhhh, no.

After last night, I'm starting to grow more comfortable with Pelicans. While I don't believe it is the best name, I think it will become more liked with time. Think if Denver had a different name and came out to rebrand as the Nuggets. People would laugh and hate it. I think we'll be fine.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Not that it leads any credence to it being Brass, but you really think that Brees cares about twitter hits?
    I think Brees or anyone that has 1.4 million followers would look for easy ways to interact with them. I'm sure he's just discussing one of the alternate names listed in the TP article rather than doing covert polling for Mr. Benson.

ok for you nationals the rebrand would be good (i read a lot of things why you want this). but for us "world" fans it would be a sad day. i was a hornet fan since the days in charlotte, not a fan from the town charlotte but from the coulors the team and HUGO .
    later, after the move to new orleans i said to me it doesnt matter in witch town they play, still a hornet. my interessts now on the team growes the last 3 years and i could identify me with new orleans as city too. i read mutch about NO and i liked it, it will be one of my first visiting points if i could travel so far sometimes. i stay as a fan from NOLA doesnt matter witch name comes but for me it would be strange to see hornets back in charlotte, maybe like to see a ex girlfriend you loved so mutch but you now you have a better girl on your site now.

Thread Information