Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    So dumb...

"Ewww my game check says PELICANS on it!! I don't want to play for this team anymorrrrrrre.... Trade me to the Magic! At least their checks have sparkly glitter on them!"
    Are you in line for 1 of 15 limited edition replica Big Bird mascot costumes they are giving out to promote the new name change? Many of you are just accepting it because it is what it is and you have no say in the name change - so you are sucking it up and accepting it. It's a horrible name and something i will not get used to. EVER. I will accept it because i have too but that doesn't mean i have to LIKE IT.

The same goes with everything else in life. You either like it or you don't. The world goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfanjc24 View Post
    Are you in line for 1 of 15 limited edition replica Big Bird mascot costumes they are giving out to promote the new name change? Many of you are just accepting it because it is what it is and you have no say in the name change - so you are sucking it up and accepting it. It's a horrible name and something i will not get used to. EVER. I will accept it because i have too but that doesn't mean i have to LIKE IT.
    Or you could be watching the Seattle Storm-Clouds when they're on cable three times a year instead?

Take your pick...

Benson can name them the turds and I couldn't care less.. at least they're not leaving.

Yeah, I can get down with this for sure. That's pretty BA.

haha I just knew everyone would be in love with the name by now

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar

RE: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Thinking the same way. Bring on the hate outsiders. This is a great franchise, with a great new name.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

#Let'sGoPels
    #WhoDatNation
    #GoRays

Hall of Famer
    So they went with Pelicans, huh?

I would've greatly preferred Voodoo, but whatever. As someone who has loved everything about the "Hornets" (colors, branding, jerseys, etc) ever since their days in Charlotte, I'm really sad to see that name, and everything associated with it, go. I can only hope that "Pelicans" catches on outside of New Orleans.

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Not sure about that. Have you been to a game this season?
    Yes. And?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfanjc24 View Post

Lol, so do you cry when you spill milk too?

Where are you guys getting these pics from? That logo looks really nice but we don't know if that's the official logo right?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Or you could be watching the Seattle Storm-Clouds when they're on cable three times a year instead?

Take your pick...

Benson can name them the turds and I couldn't care less.. at least they're not leaving.
    This was my suggestion like 10 pages ago!

Its probably not the official logo. That was made a lonnnng time ago by some design company right after benson bought the team. It was different colors though.

What will the new mascot's name be? Pugo????

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJr17 View Post
    Its probably not the official logo. That was made a lonnnng time ago by some design company right after benson bought the team. It was different colors though.
    Oh ok. I see. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Pelican Pete or if we want to stick with the French background we can call him Pierre the Pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Pelican Pete or if we want to stick with the French background we can call him Pierre the Pelican.
    Someone lurks TD.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I'm guessing Pete.

Come to think of it, if the colors are going to be red, navy, and gold, we're going to look an awful lot like the Hawks. I wonder why the NBA said there was "too much black" in the league? The cliche "red/some shade of blue/whatever else" (or just plain red) is just as widespread.

Only read now. I honestly liked more brass, much, much less krewe (yeah i know what it stands for and so on, but i still don't like it). I really like pelicans, couldn't care less what other teams fans think bout it

I'd be down if was the logo. Really looks nice in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Someone lurks TD.
    Someone there said this? I never go to that site. I hear it mentioned often but I never go there. Maybe once or twice a long while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Gayle Benson: I told you we should've been the Spirit.

Tom: I guess you were right.
    You read my mind I'd rather Pelicans over Spirit all day everyday lol

At least it's not voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    At least it's not voodoo
    I wish the name Benson chose was Devils just to **** you off.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    A few reactions from people in social media who got to see the logo idea after railing on name:

"That logo might actually make me change my mind. I'd change the colors up to make it Mardi Gras-themed, though."

"Seeing "Pelicans" in plain text just looked boring. Dat looks cool."

"New Orleans Pelicans... Ok, so this is not so bad"

"cooler than I predicted but a little busy. Nice"

To Da Throne...you're complaining about how ESPN, national fans, and people you know are hating the name and that "there's a reason why." I'm contending that a large part of the reason why is because there is no brand attached to it, although you say that a brand has no effect on the name. So when you think of the Lakers' name, do you just think of it in plain 12 point Times New Roman, do you think about a mythical person called a Laker, or do you think about the regal purple and gold, block italic font that is used with the team name? Branding definitely goes hand in hand with a name.

Some people say that the mascot is stupid because it is perceived as a goofy, cartoony bird and not "fierce." Well, what's the comeback for a Nugget? A Celtic? A Laker (WTH is that anyway)? A Net? Outside of the Celtics, none of these teams even use their actual mascot, just the name itself, and they intimidate tjust fine.

I think it's unfortunate that just the name by itself was leaked...kind of a PR blunder IMO. Should have had more rolled out at one time...logo, local history, etc.
    The logo, color scheme, and team name are 3 completely different aspect of the rebranding. Neither impact the other and there's no reason to settle.

Thread Information