Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Our 2013 Free Agency

Our 2013 Free Agency

Who would u like to see us sign along with who u would like to draft for our team next year?

PG:
    Cp3
    Brandon Jennings
    Tyreke Evans
    Kyle Lowry
    Rodney stuckey
    Jeff Teague
    Darren Collison
    Devin Harris
    DJ Augustine
    Rodrigue Beaubois
    Will Bynum
    Patty Mills
    Scott Machado

SG:
    Iggy
    Monta Ellis
    JR Smith
    Ronnie Brewer
    JJ Redrick
    Brandon Rush
    Nick Young
    Manu
    OJ Mayo
    Ray Allen
    Kevin Martin
    Randy Foye
    Shannon Brown
    Gerald Henderson

SF:
    Dorrell Wright
    Chandler Parson
    Chase Budinger
    CJ Miles
    Paul Pierce
    Kierilinko

PF:
    Josh Smith
    David West
    Paul Millsap
    Carl Landry
    Odom
    JJ Hickson
    Marese Speights
    Andray Blatche

C:
    Dwight
    Bynum
    Al Jefferson
    Nikola Pekovic
    Dalembert
    Mozgov
    Thabeet
    Ekpe Udoh
    Greg Steisma
    Joel Pryzbilla

My idea of the 2 best scenarios:
    Sign Bynum, draft shabazz muhamad or otto porter
    also sign foye

Vasques/Rivers
    Gordon/foye
    Shabazz/Miller
    Unibrow/Ryno
    Bynum/Robin

Idea 2:
    Sign Budinger and trade our 2013 pick and cash for Cousins
    sign foye

Vasques/Rivers
    Gordon/Foye
    Budinger/Miller
    Unibrow/Ryno
    Cousins/Lopez
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 12-04-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Why would you want to sign Bynum.. his almost as bad as ej
    I just Say sign Josh Smith at SF to replace aminu and build role players around that.

Iggy, Parsons, Jennings, Lowry, or Pekovic would be nice

iggy and draft a center

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    CP3, Jennings, Teague

Smith, Redick, Rush, Foye

Smith, Parsons, Budinger

Pekovic, Udoh

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Doesn't Iggy have a player option to get paid like $16 mil?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Rodney Stuckey is muddled behind Singler for some reason in Detroit ! Oh, btw>> he is a #2, not a point guard ! Perfect fit behind Gordon ! Trade Vazquez, Realease Aminu, Mason & Henry sign CP3, rotate Roberts and Rivers at PG & SG ! Roberts can actually be a suitable 2 ! Great shooter and can create off the ball open shots ! Sign Milsap (Good mid-range shooter & GREAT rebounder) !
    CP3/Roberts/Rivers
    Gordon/Stuckey/Roberts/Rivers
    Lopez/Smith
    AD/Anderson/Thomas
    Milsap/Anderson/Miller

CP3-Gordon-AD-Milsap-Lopez--------Anderson--Stuckey--Smith--Roberts/Rivers is a NICE 9 man rotation !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Rodney Stuckey is muddled behind Singler for some reason in Detroit ! Oh, btw>> he is a #2, not a point guard ! Perfect fit behind Gordon ! Trade Vazquez, Realease Aminu, Mason & Henry sign CP3, rotate Roberts and Rivers at PG & SG ! Roberts can actually be a suitable 2 ! Great shooter and can create off the ball open shots ! Sign Milsap (Good mid-range shooter & GREAT rebounder) !
    CP3/Roberts/Rivers
    Gordon/Stuckey/Roberts/Rivers
    Lopez/Smith
    AD/Anderson/Thomas
    Milsap/Anderson/Miller

CP3-Gordon-AD-Milsap-Lopez--------Anderson--Stuckey--Smith--Roberts/Rivers is a NICE 9 man rotation !
    If CP3 likes LOB CITY with BLAKE, I will venture to say that AD would suit CP just fine ! Would be IRONY to Have EGO & CP on same team after being traded for each other ! I know its far fetched(CP coming back), But he would be the perfect Floor General for this young team !
    Last edited by Tinman; 12-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    iggy and draft a center
    Yup. And let Mason walk and get Tony Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Doesn't Iggy have a player option to get paid like $16 mil?
    Yeah, but he's a max level FA, so he'll opt out, and get more than $16 million per year for 4 years.

Sign and trade for Brandon Jennings (give up Vasquez and future 1st), trade Lopez for a mid to late 1st rounder, let Aminu walk and sign Corey Brewer or Chase Budinger, draft Alex Len with our pick and CJ Wilcox with the pick in the 20's

Jennings/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Wilcox
    Brewer/Miller
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas
    Davis/Len
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Sign and trade for Brandon Jennings (give up Vasquez and future 1st), trade Lopez for a mid to late 1st rounder, let Aminu walk and sign Corey Brewer or Chase Budinger, draft Alex Len with our pick and CJ Wilcox with the pick in the 20's

Jennings/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Wilcox
    Brewer/Miller
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas
    Davis/Len
    Dear God, yes please.

We can trade for Jennings now, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Gordon/Wilcox
    You do believe. It's a Christmas Miracle!

Wheres the BIG ? Are you penciling AD as our starting 5 ? He will get clobbered against legit 5's ! Corey Brewer ?????? WHY !? Hes 6'9", 190 ! Averages 2.5 rpg, shoots below 70% ft's ! If Monty wants ANY defense>> He a'int it ! Yo have a 220lb center (AD), a high post #4 (ryno) and a 190 lb. #3 !!! Who in the world are we gonna stop UNDER THE BASKET !?
    Last edited by Tinman; 12-04-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Not a fan of Brewer, rather go after Budinger.

Find a team stupid enough to take Gordon without sending bad contracts back.

Sing Jefferson or Millsap because I would like to keep Anderson as a 6th man.

Wheres the BIG ? Are you penciling AD as our starting 5 ? He will get clobbered against legit 5's ! Corey Brewer ?????? WHY !? Hes 6'9", 190 ! Averages 2.5 rpg, shoots below 70% ft's ! If Monty wants ANY defense>> He a'int it ! Yo have a 220lb center (AD), a high post #4 (ryno) and a 190 lb. #3 !!! Who in the world are we gonna stop UNDER THE BASKET !?
    I don't care about any of that. Give me Jennings and we'll figure the rest out.

I like Jennings and Parsons. Get them two and draft Nerlens

Appreciate all the question marks. Answers, as I see them are very simple.

This league is going more and more to what we saw in Lakers/Heat Finals. The Thunders best lineup and their end of game lineup is Durant at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5. Lebron at the 4, Bosh at the 5 for Heat. Celtics put KG at the 5, and on and on- that is the way NBA is heading.

Lopez is great in the regular season, but I only think big picture. Can this guy succeed in the playoffs when he is playing against an elite team that knows his tendencies and weaknesses every night? I say no to that question w/ Lopez. Alex Len is a 7 foot 1 center that has fantastic agility, will be able to play in the pick and roll on both ends. And while Davis is not a center now, he is bigger than Dwight Howard was at the same age and has broad shoulders. He will be at least as big as Howard is now, if not bigger, and nobody questions whether or not Howard is a true center.

As for Brewer over Aminu, I summed it up in this week's piece- feel free to read. Bottom line, he is a better defender and can swing over to the 2 if needed. Aminu can swing to the 4, a position we are already stacked at. Budinger would be choice 1B

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/12/01...ing-defensive/

dat a boy ! Lets play D'antoniBall ! Jennings is a savior ! If this is a JOKE that you are telling ? If so >> it's funny ! If you are Serious, well, its still funny ! Just a bit scary that not having any Defense doesnt concern you .

Where's the big? Are you penciling in AD as our starting 5? He will get clobbered against legit 5's! Corey Brewer? Why? He's 6'9", 190! Averages 2.5 rpg, shoots below 70% ft's. If Monty wants any defense, he isn't it. You have a 220lb center (AD), a high post 4 (Ryno) and a 190 lb 3. Who in the world are we going to stop under the basket?
    Well, lets start with the obvious. How many legit centers are in the NBA? You can count that on one hand and still have fingers left over.

Also, AD won't be 220 his entire career. Players get bigger, believe it or not. Look at Jason Smith:

Pekovic/Jefferson
    Parsons
    Jennings

Sign 2 of those guys + lottery pick and we are set.

I respect your opinion, But Howard was 1 1/2 inches taller than Davis ! He was also 6'10" as a soph in High School and was already playing the Center position . I wouldnt compare anyone to being better than Aminu . Aminu is not very good . If he is a benchmark as to who we are gunning for, we are in trouble . MW wants defense, Brewer will not rebound and will be pushed around . If Gordon stays, Brewer will never play the #2 . Len is a BIG TIME project . Wont be ready for years. & 7'1" 225 . hes 20 years old and has to put on at least 35 lbs at 7'1" . To have a College developmental project try to learn behind a 6'10" 220 lb. natural #4 doesnt seem fruitful . I am all for tall, lean and athletic POST and BASELINES, but not when there combined weight is 620lbs & your tallest player is 6'10" (and very YOUNG) . Its not the concept i disagree with. Its the player choice . Brewer is an average player at best and not a starter on a team that wants to be playoff caliber . Lopez is also young and still learning, but he is already 260lbs. He is finally healthy after two years of moderate knee injuries in phx. If you want to start AD at center, OK, but Lopez should be the back-up and Smith can move back to his natural stretch 4 position .

Howard 6'11" (270)--Duncan 7'0(270)--Cousins6'11"1/2 (265)---Asik 7'1" (255)---Al Jefferson 6'10"1/2 (290)--Leonard 7'0(275)---Pekovic6"11" (290)---Koufos 6'11"(265)&Mcgee 7'0 (255) M.Gasol 7'1" (280)--Kaman 6'11" (268)---Jordan 6'11"(265) ---Dalembert 6'11" (250) Drummond 7'1" (285)& Monroe 6'11" (255)---Hibbert 7'2"(280)---Varejao 6'11" (258)---Bynum 7'1" (285)---Chandler 7'1" (265)--B. Lopez 7'0 (265) Sorry, I could only come up with 20 TRUE 5's

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Well, lets start with the obvious. How many legit centers are in the NBA? You can count that on one hand and still have fingers left over.

Also, AD won't be 220 his entire career. Players get bigger, believe it or not. Look at Jason Smith:

My hand has 20 fingers !

Thread Information