Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Our 2013 Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    If Davis was the center would you agree that Anderson would be the starting pf. I'd image they'd play like dwight and anderson did in Orlando so I think Davis wouldn't be the player he could be by remaining a pf with a big center in the post. I just don't see Davis learning that great of post moves
    There are multiple ways to be lethal.

Teams like Miami and OKC don't have a Dwight Howard and seem to do just fine. What's with the obsession with traditional roles? The NBA is evolving and its about time we jump aboard.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Let's not forget that AD and Igloo had a good friendship in the Olympics. They had a connection from the start since they were both natives of Chicago. I think this could help in recruiting him to come here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iglodavis.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	4495

Our 2013 Free Agency

Yes please bring iggy in. Thatd be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    There is only one player we NEED to get in FA and thats Josh Smith.

Lopez
    AD
    Josh Smith
    EG
    GV

JS and AD together would be unbelieveable.
    Josh Smith doesnt fit the team at all. We have 2 PFs and what we need is a SF that can shoot

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Iggy is the guy we really want. Could dump Aminu like a hot potato. Let him guard and eliminate all comers.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Josh Smith doesnt fit the team at all. We have 2 PFs and what we need is a SF that can shoot
    I disagree. I dont think we need him to shoot well. Davis, Ryno, Gordon and GV should be enough.The big thing is he can play 3 positions. As I mentioned before on this site, think of the rotations with Lopez, Davis, Anderson, and the two Smiths. Looking at this team, we dont have a guy who can mix it up on the inside for RB's. Josh brings that. Too many times we are losing the inside battle for boards to average rebounders. Plus josh is a good defender. He can gaurd 3's 4's and 5's.

Give me Iggy or Jennings and i'll be thrilled. Draft Zeller or Gorbert. I don't get the fascination with Len honestly, I like Gorbert much more as a prospect.

Isn't Iguodala too old to be part of a core in a rebuilding team? I think when Davis reaches the level where he can make us contenders, Iguodala will be already in decline. Besides, what type of contract will he command?

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Isn't Iguodala too old to be part of a core in a rebuilding team? I think when Davis reaches the level where he can make us contenders, Iguodala will be already in decline. Besides, what type of contract will he command?
    If Davis, Gordon, and Ryno are healthy and you add Iggy to that team it's automatically a serious contender in the West. That's why he's attractive as a FA.

We need help on pg and sf position. Sign collision and c. parsons to a four year deal each and the team is set to contend for a long while. We need young players with low salaries that can produce now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    Give me Iggy or Jennings and i'll be thrilled. Draft Zeller or Gorbert. I don't get the fascination with Len honestly, I like Gorbert much more as a prospect.
    Don't know much about Len, but right now, Gorbert is not a baskettball player, just a huge guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Don't know much about Len, but right now, Gorbert is not a baskettball player, just a huge guy.

He is a very raw player, but to say he's not a basketball player is wrong. If nothing else he can block shots and rebound all day. For a guy with his size and length he can move up and down the court. He just needs to put on a good bit of muscle and work on his post game, which basically doesn't exist yet. But he has more potential than probably anyone in this draft. The idea of him and AD playing next to each other is incredible. If they both did reach their full potential your looking at maybe the best frontcourt ever, not just in the league today.

Well I've watched him a few times this year and I wasn't impressed, but he does obviously have a ton of potential. I just don't want a new Hilton Armstrong =)

He is a very raw player, but to say he's not a basketball player is wrong. If nothing else he can block shots and rebound all day. For a guy with his size and length he can move up and down the court. He just needs to put on a good bit of muscle and work on his post game, which basically doesn't exist yet. But he has more potential than probably anyone in this draft. The idea of him and AD playing next to each other is incredible. If they both did reach their full potential your looking at maybe the best frontcourt ever, not just in the league today.
    in that video he is ballin vs a bunch of short white guys...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Lol, for real. It's not hard to shine against a bunch of un-athletic white guys that you have a MAJOR height advantage on.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Very true, but that doesn't change the fact that he is 7'1 with a 7'9 wingspan. He will be blocking shots and rebounding whether it's against short white guys or NBA players.

Give me Pek next to Davis and im goood
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Very true, but that doesn't change the fact that he is 7'1 with a 7'9 wingspan. He will be blocking shots and rebounding whether it's against short white guys or NBA players.
    Not true. Look at Hasheem Thabeet. That guy is halfway out of the league, and he was the #2 overall pick a few years ago.

Gorbert is going to get bullied left and right in the post. The NBA post game is a man's game. This dude needs to put on 40-50 lbs to compete down there.

Jennings should be our #1 FA target, followed by Iggy, and then (if we don't get Iggy) a Brewer, Budinger, or Parsons.

Ben McLemore is a name I've seen rising in the last few weeks. What do you guys think about possibly drafting him? He can gives us an explosive 6th man off the bench and has the size/skill to play the 3 if need be.

Our 2013 Free Agency

What kind of contract would Jennings get? Also pekovic too

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I think Gobert could be the second coming of Shawn Bradley who had a good number of productive seasons in the NBA.

I haven't seen much of McLemore but from what I read he doesn't really impress me. Chad Ford says he is a Brandon Rush clone, who I like, but I don't want to be picking a role player in the top 10 (where I expect to be picking this year). Perhaps my mind changes of him when I see something besides some high school highlights, but for now, he's just a role player.

Considering the lack of quality PG prospects this year, I think SF has to absolutely be our target. There are 3 guys that I think can be starting SF's in the NBA - Muhammad, Poythress, and Porter. Muhammad is my top prospect in the country, but Poythress is not too far behind and is catching up.

I haven't watched Muhammad play yet, but his stats are mediocre right now, and his advanced metrics aren't much better. How does he look on the court?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I think Gobert could be the second coming of Shawn Bradley who had a good number of productive seasons in the NBA.

I haven't seen much of McLemore but from what I read he doesn't really impress me. Chad Ford says he is a Brandon Rush clone, who I like, but I don't want to be picking a role player in the top 10 (where I expect to be picking this year). Perhaps my mind changes of him when I see something besides some high school highlights, but for now, he's just a role player.

Considering the lack of quality PG prospects this year, I think SF has to absolutely be our target. There are 3 guys that I think can be starting SF's in the NBA - Muhammad, Poythress, and Porter. Muhammad is my top prospect in the country, but Poythress is not too far behind and is catching up.
    Porter doesn't impress me. Shabazz will be long gone. I can get behind Poythress but I'm not too big on drafting tweeners with limited range. I think McLemore has a much higher ceiling than Rush, but the safer pick would be any one of the upper tier big man prospects, like Len.

Marcus Smart anyone? Not really a traditional point, but he's been incredible this year. Has the body and athleticism for the League and he does everything on the court.

Thread Information