Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Docs Rehabbing Gordon's Quad & Knee

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.McCoy View Post
    Why was he resigned?
    Because letting him walk wasn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    When healthy, Gordon is a top-5 SG in this league, and he is only 24.
    This. We have to keep the good players we do have to show we are trying to build a championship team. We can have all the cap room in the world, but what difference does it make if we can't get anyone to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Correct.

I'm all for people reading and discussing rather than going ~warblewarblewarblewhaaaaaaa!~

It's time to change, people. As a fan base, we can't be sitting around spewing ignorance.
    I'm not going to argue that anecdotal evidence should be generalized here, but implying that we posters are "spewing ignorance" by using personal experience to try to deduce the exact meaning of the article is mildly offensive at best. Enlighten us if you feel that we are wrong, instead of making baseless ad hominem attacks in place of an actual rebuttal.

Proclaiming that the posters are ignorant and should "get informed" does little to no good. Perhaps clear posts and supporting evidence for your dissenting opinion would be a bit more productive.

Ad hominem?

Look it up.

I have plenty of clear posts to my credit. That wasn't the point of my comment and if you were informed juuust a little, you'd know how offbase your claims are.

It's ok. You saw a post under yours and got offended. Understandable, but it was not directed at you specifically.

The suggestion stands, regardless

I hate how people are like, why did we resign him..
    I mean would you rather wait a few months and then see him balling on the floor, or give him away for absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    I'm not going to argue that anecdotal evidence should be generalized here, but implying that we posters are "spewing ignorance" by using personal experience to try to deduce the exact meaning of the article is mildly offensive at best. Enlighten us if you feel that we are wrong, instead of making baseless ad hominem attacks in place of an actual rebuttal.

Proclaiming that the posters are ignorant and should "get informed" does little to no good. Perhaps clear posts and supporting evidence for your dissenting opinion would be a bit more productive.
    It's a message board, comes with the territory. You have obvious trolls on one side, not so obvious trolls that use a bit more verbiage as a cloak to seem as if they know what they're talking about on the other side, then the masses at some mix in between.

That said, I can only imagine this 10% number being legit right after he had surgery, like most human beings. If he played with a weak quad during those last 7 games, we would have noticed a Gordon that moves as slow as Vazques. Basketball is a physically demanding sport. Moreso at the NBA level and even more so as an elite athlete. A quad that weak is obvious to the eye while playing this sport.

I think anyone with any experience playing the sport and having gone through any type of muscle atrophy knows the 10% number is laughable at bes, no matter how you want to interpret it. Even 65% right now would be a stretch if he's been keeping that schedule for the past MONTH. Those are car accident, reconstructive surgery numbers.

I wouldn't think of the 10% as some quantitative measure. It's not like his squats went from repping 400 to repping 40.

In encourage those interested to READ UP rather than sit around and guess while remaining ignorant of the facts.

If it's important, learn. If not, sit back and let the grown ups talk.
    my thoughts exactly

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    ..not so obvious trolls that use a bit more verbiage as a cloak to seem as if they know what they're talking about on the other side...
    Indeed. This board has become quite tedious since the advent of said verbiage.

He's had leg problems for a couple years now. It would not surprise me one bit if he hasn't done any leg workouts in that time. It does take about 6 months for muscle to lose significant strength.

Don't you understand it's all just part of tankinator 2: tankment day

Ad hominem?

Look it up.

I have plenty of clear posts to my credit. That wasn't the point of my comment and if you were informed juuust a little, you'd know how offbase your claims are.

It's ok. You saw a post under yours and got offended. Understandable, but it was not directed at you specifically.

The suggestion stands, regardless
    I'm very familiar with the ad hominem fallacy, and calling others ignorant without actually addressing their argument is a great example. I'm not trying to stir anything up here, and I know your post wasn't directed at me. It's just tiring to see you always tell people that they're "spewing ignorance" and whatnot without making an actual argument yourself. It's not a productive way to disagree with someone. I'm guessing you do it for the sake of brevity, maybe you don't have time to actually go into details, but in such a case it may be better to not say anything at all.

Sometimes you do address the points, which is fine and good. However, even in your post where you do actually give your opinion, you end it with asking that we "let the grown ups talk," which reinforces this tired sense of elitism. Even if it's just part of your shtick, it comes off as immature, and it's certainly not a good way to argue with someone.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 12-04-2012 at 07:57 AM.

My case has been made, and I'm not arguing. I'm not undermining the arguer rather than their argument, which would be fallacious. I'm just saying some.people.are.acring as if they.have enough facts to discuss things coherently whem they do not. That's fine. Most people lack the capacity to discuss most medical things. They just don't try to, unlike here

I'm done arguing and telling people that they need to educate themselves about the injury.

I really don't care how tedious people think I am or my ways are. There are larger issues, and this idea that repeating the same dogma over and over is superior to adjusting to reality is one of them.

"Medical staff sucks." Drivel. Changing staff, same issues. Players go elsewhere, same issues. Or, it was a covered trade demand. The PR is inaccurate, but that's why they call it PR, not journalism or reporting.

The percentages are likely qualitiative measures of his quad's stability or pain state. This is common.

The pattern of continual delay is the larger fact here and should not be lost in dicing up their words for 'clues' to anything.

Who's back first? Gordon from a bum knee or Rose from a torn ACL?

Docs Rehabbing Gordon's Quad & Knee

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    I actually have had $100 on this question for a couple months now with my Bulls friend. I think he's actually already healthy so I'm just praying he gets traded Dec 16th so I can make that money!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354638625.301707.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	4494

I'm done arguing and telling people that they need to educate themselves about the injury.

I really don't care how tedious people think I am or my ways are. There are larger issues, and this idea that repeating the same dogma over and over is superior to adjusting to reality is one of them.

"Medical staff sucks." Drivel. Changing staff, same issues. Players go elsewhere, same issues. Or, it was a covered trade demand. The PR is inaccurate, but that's why they call it PR, not journalism or reporting.

The percentages are likely qualitiative measures of his quad's stability or pain state. This is common.

The pattern of continual delay is the larger fact here and should not be lost in dicing up their words for 'clues' to anything.
    This is really what I wanted -- just a post laying out your opinions. And I actually agree with most of it.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 12-04-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Out 2 years with a sore knee
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Because letting him walk wasn't an option.
    But seriously when I heard Hale say during the bucks game that we should be excited to see him back by late december...The longer he's out the more I feel like he's just a Brandon Roy type injury prone player who will never reach is full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    This is really what I wanted -- just a post laying out your opinions. And I actually agree with most of it.
    This was discussed recently:

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/12/02/redemption/

and

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/11/25/same-ol-situation/

The relevant bits:

"Since Davis’ presence has the biggest effect on the team’s play of those that have played this season, let’s investigate this latest class of injuries. A stress reaction is like a stress fracture without a fracture (maybe); the most severe stress reactions result in a fracture. The cause of these is repetitive stress, and often follows dramatic increase in stress, such as a change in training regimen. The injury presents as acute localized pain during activity that increases even after the activity has stopped. The treatment is essentially rest, but it can be aided by a walking boot (the cool kids call this a pneumatic walker or cam walker, depending). These boots are clever little gadgets that can aid in a number of ways, starting with the redirection of forces away from the sole of the foot, aiding in healing of stress reactions. Strengthening the affected area can help prevent future injury. 8 weeks seems to a glass-half-full recovery period for typical sort of stress reaction in the ankle, with 16 weeks being the glass-half-empty counterpart. The extent and location of Davis’ injury and how well the treatment takes will determine if he can beat the 8 week `typical’."

And

"Davis’ ankle injuries started against the Thunder on Friday, November 16. Then, he had 2 other issues with it between then and Monday, all associated with intense activity. Finally, on November 20, it was disclosed that he has a stress reaction in that ankle, summarized here. It’s also pointed out that he sprained that ankle in an early workout with the team. These should not be directly related as the one was a soft, connective issue injury and the other is an issue with bone.

Davis believed the issue was fine on November 19, but was held out starting the next day.
    Just 5 days later, it was indicated that the time frame was one to two weeks after having been listed as day-to-day. This timeframe was upheld as of the most recent Thunder game.

It was reported that the boot was off, but the context was temporary . . . it was off at that moment. There was no intense weight being put on that ankle, just his normal weight. Davis wore the boot Saturday night at the Thunder game.

So, the no big deal was downgraded to day-to-day, and this was further downgraded to 1-2 weeks out, and one week has passed with no evidence of a return to the complete range of physical activity needed to compete in an NBA game. So far, the most pessimistic outlook based on the team’s reports is about 3 weeks from the start of treatment. Typical ranges for healing this kind of injury start around 8 weeks, but this can depend on a number of factors unknown to Hornets247 at this time.

Also Jim Eichenhofer has this from Monty:

At least a week away from us even thinking about ramping up his conditioning, let alone playing

which bolsters the above. As noted in the link above, the training regimen increasing at an appropriate rate, once the patient is to a certain point, is key. This is starting to look more `typical’ than the hoped for two weeks.

The other major injury this team is facing is that to Eric Gordon. Gordon joined the team while they were Los Angeles to face the Clippers.
    He’re what we learned there:

Monty and Eric got re-acquainted before the game
    Gordon joined the team at 6:40 in the first quarter
    Gordon sat on the second row behind the bench initially

Something is missing. When something does not make sense, it could be that some facts are incorrect, but it could be that some are missing, and this seems like the latter is at least partially to blame.

Consider that Monty Williams talked to Chris Paul for months (at least) after he was dealt to the Clippers when they worked together for only a season. Why is this star player with the same amount of common employment any different? Why did I have to say common employment and not “working together?”

Consider that the bench Eric Gordon did not go is where he works. That’s his place of employment. Then consider that he did not sit there for nearly half a quarter. As exciting as a game is, it should not be surprising that he was excited at the end of an exciting game. What is surprising it that he didn’t join his coworkers while they were working, and held himself apart. That is, it’s surprising until you realize we may be missing some information. Then, that act itself becomes information.

The 4-6 week time frame for Gordon’s return has been entered. If one interprets 4 weeks to be a month and 6 weeks to be one-and-a-half months, then the clock has just started ticking. But wait! Just one week ago, there was no timetable for the return? Really? It’s not 1-3 weeks?

Again, there is something missing here."

It looks better and there are more links in the original stories.

If there's more you need, ask and I'll provide.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    I was watching MNF when Giants' OT Sean Locklear had that gruesome knee injury. I felt awful for him because he was in obvious agony. He had surgery on Tues.

As I watched, I thought, "He'll probably return before Eric Gordon."
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Out 2 years with a sore knee
    Whats sad it this still has a chance at being true.

Pelicans?

Quote Originally Posted by literature View Post
    I imagine they meant he lost 10% total strength and has regained 65% of the missing strength back.
    So he's at 96.5% strength? GREAT NEWS!

This is really a disgrace and embarrassing. He is really stealing money away from the Hornets. He's only played a handful of games without a legitimate injury. If I were Tom Benson I would seriously consider bringing him to court to get my money back or talk to the league about some kind of punishment or refund.

please trade this motherfu....
    sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    please trade this motherfu....
    sorry.
    No you're not. If you were, you wouldn't have posted anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    No you're not. If you were, you wouldn't have posted anything.
    Do you have children?

Thread Information