Pelicans Report

Thread: Let's bring I'm In back

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar

Let's bring I'm In back

An article I wrote for Hornets247. Enjoy:
    http://www.hornets247.com/2012/12/06...turn-of-im-in/
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

Good article. I loved the "I'm in" campaign. The this is our game is kind of blah

I'm In! Nice read as always. Thanks!

When we claim that our game is "intensity" and we get let the other score 110 points, it just lacks any meaning. Or when Eric Gordon asks, "New Orleans are you ready?" I mean seriously, the guy who has played 9 games as a hornet is asking ME if I'm ready... please. Derick Rose is about to come back from an ACL before you Gordon.

I'm In focused on local business and fan support. It represents a fan base that will be loyal to the team even through this rebuilding phase. I'm In was about the fans... this new campaign is all about the players, it seems.

If "I'm In" isn't back for the re-brand, I will be disappointed.

You’ll unlikely get Kermit Ruffins to convincingly say “Our Game is Commitment” on a commercial. But if you walk by him in a Pelicans jersey and say “Are you in?” it’s likely he’ll be all “I’m in baby” and pull out his trumpet on the spot.

I agree totally with the article. I remember being jealous of all those with I'm In stickers. For awhile, I thought you could only be IN if you were a season ticket holder. So it was like a little elite social club lol. I didn't know "Our game" was the slogan, and I didn't know Hugh was fired. That explains everything.

Let's bring I'm In back

I'm in, Again.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    New Orleans Ponies! YEAH!

I'm in for the tank.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    When we claim that our game is "intensity" and we get let the other score 110 points, it just lacks any meaning. Or when Eric Gordon asks, "New Orleans are you ready?" I mean seriously, the guy who has played 9 games as a hornet is asking ME if I'm ready... please. Derick Rose is about to come back from an ACL before you Gordon.

I'm In focused on local business and fan support. It represents a fan base that will be loyal to the team even through this rebuilding phase. I'm In was about the fans... this new campaign is all about the players, it seems.

If "I'm In" isn't back for the re-brand, I will be disappointed.
    LOL!! Good point about Gordon. You're also right about the campaign being part of the rebrand in it's initial stages. It seems to mesh well.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information