Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets veteran forward Jason Smith points out problems the team is experiencing

Hornets veteran forward Jason Smith points out problems the team is experiencing

When New Orleans Hornets veteran forward Jason Smith was asked after Sunday’s practice to assess his team’s problems, he had plenty to say. He said they are not moving the ball enough offensively and too many players are putting themselves in one-on-one isolation plays instead of involving their teammates.

Although the Hornets are still without their two best players, Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon, because of injuries, they have not been able avoid low-scoring quarters or get enough significant contributions from key players.

``You can say it’s not a big problem and some people shrug it off, but it’s a problem,’’ Smith said. ``We’re going a little bit one-one-one too much, not moving the ball. We get a stop or a rebound and we don’t pass the ball and we get up a shot. I think we’re letting defenses off the hook when we just go down make one pass and shoot.’’

Going into Monday night’s game against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Hornets (4-11) have lost nine of 10 games and they appear to be regressing instead of improving, especially offensively. In Saturday night's 100-79 loss to the defending Western Conference champion Oklahoma City Thunder at the New Orleans Arena, the Hornets trailed by a 29-point deficit early in the fourth quarter.

Smith said their lackluster performance against the Thunder is what prompted the Hornets' veteran players to meet after the game so they can try and set a better example for the younger players on the roster.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Sounds like they are talking about our young guards?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Seems like a bit of a shot at Roberts and Rivers considering they weren't in the meeting.

I think Jason is on the money, although I worry more about our defense than the offense.

Am i the only guy that rather Rivers at the SG? I just dont want him to be a PG.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Am i the only guy that rather Rivers at the SG? I just dont want him to be a PG.
    I want my SG to be able to shoot well, and that is something rivers can't do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I rather him at the point. He has good handles, quick feet, and a good passer. He doesn't shoot well enough right now and isn't overly explosive for a wing position.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

None of the vets except for Ryan Anderson can consistently score. They are hacks. What advice they could offer the younger players is worthless. David West played poor defense but could score points over and over. These guys throw bricks all night long. If they get the ball it's either a turnover, a brick or clock violation.
    Last edited by omalakas; 12-02-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omalakas View Post
    None of the vets except for Ryan Anderson can consistently score. They are hacks. What advice they could offer the younger players is worthless. David West played poor defense but could score points over and over. These guys throw bricks all night long. If they get the ball it's either a turnover, a brick or clock violation.
    It's aint just the vets throwing brinks. Rivers aint been lighting it up either!

This upcoming draft should be interesting
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information