.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Lakers after Anderson?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    You mean the same way the Lakers got Howard AND Gasol AND Nash? The same way Miami got LeBron AND Bosh? The same way the Knicks got Amare AND Melo? The same way Boston got Ray Allen AND KG?

    Let's face it... Big market teams bully small market teams and feed off their talent. That's how the NBA works. Keep in mind the fact that Demps didn't even have an owner when he was trying to deal CP, and CP totally screwed him over by demanding a trade - that completely killed his trade value.

    I'd say what Demps was able to scrape together was near miraculous. Aminu was a very attractive prospect 2 years ago, and the Minny pick was thought to be a top-3 pick at the time. Kaman was a huge expiring that provided us cap space.

    Cut the man some slack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    People are only able to even call that trade a bad one by comparison... TO THE TRADE WE GOT; so, why even worry about it? I mean, question Dell's judgment if you so wish i guess, but it wasn't a matter of judgment: we were getting strong armed by our star player. Chris had to be traded if we were going to receive any value at all, and frankly, we don't know what any of the other offers were, so what's worth comparing to the lakers trade to anyway that should be considered necessarily better? It most likely wasn't there.
    This isn't even really about Dell. Just the fact that like Slim mentioned glamour teams have huge advantages. From the outside it does seem like all the other teams are a farm system for the top of the league.

  2. #52
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,780
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    You mean the same way the Lakers got Howard AND Gasol AND Nash? The same way Miami got LeBron AND Bosh? The same way the Knicks got Amare AND Melo? The same way Boston got Ray Allen AND KG?

    Let's face it... Big market teams bully small market teams and feed off their talent. That's how the NBA works. Keep in mind the fact that Demps didn't even have an owner when he was trying to deal CP, and CP totally screwed him over by demanding a trade - that completely killed his trade value.

    I'd say what Demps was able to scrape together was near miraculous. Aminu was a very attractive prospect 2 years ago, and the Minny pick was thought to be a top-3 pick at the time. Kaman was a huge expiring that provided us cap space.

    Cut the man some slack.
    I agree with this. Not to mention they wanted to try and hold on to him.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This isn't even really about Dell. Just the fact that like Slim mentioned glamour teams have huge advantages. From the outside it does seem like all the other teams are a farm system for the top of the league.
    True, but some small market teams do survive - SA and OKC immediately come to mind. Sure, they got lucky, but we got lucky too. How often does your best player get injured, and you wind up with the #1 overall pick? I can think of one situation off the top of my head, and that's when Robinson got injured for SA, and they landed Duncan in the next draft. That stuff doesn't just happen for no reason! That lucky fluke set them up for multiple championships.

    I know you don't like Davis that much, but he is going to be a league changer in a few years IMO. Gordon and Davis can be a special pairing, especially in the PnR. Anderson providing the spacing... That is going to be a great core moving forward.

  4. #54

    Hypothetical: Anderson for Pau?

    It's obvious pau gasol doesn't fit into d'antoni's system. D'antoni wants a stretch 4. howard has always played with a stretch 4 (rashad lewis and then anderson) and has been a big part of his success since all he can do is cut to the goal and dunk. and now pau his wanting to work in the same space as dwight. so it seems like either pau or howard would have to go. (i would personally want to put pau at the 5 where he thrived in memphis and move howard but the lakers wont do that).

    I've been saying the lakers would be better with anderson instead of gasol and i heard tim legler echo that thought on colin cowterd's show yesterday. (of course cowterd said anderson, oh the shooter for orlando, idiot).

    another fit i thought of would be pau for gallinari, who d'antoni loves, and others.

    anyway, is there a scenario where y'all could see the lakers and us getting into talks and would y'all approve? put pau at the 5 and develop AD at the 4? idk, just something i was thinking about.

  5. #55
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,011
    No. No. No. No. No. No. NO. And NO.

    Think about something else, player.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

  6. #56
    All-Star glepurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    270
    No way...gasol is in his thirties and anderson is only 24 why make that trade. Gasol's best ball is behind him. Why trade anderson for a 5 as you put it when gasol wont be around when ad is in his prime. I wouldn't trade anderson for anybody right now.

  7. #57
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,983
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbowen40 View Post
    anyway, is there a scenario where y'all could see the lakers and us getting into talks and would y'all approve?
    Are the Lakers holding Monty's wife and kids hostage in this scenario?

  8. #58
    Hall of Famer Mr. Mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    I wouldn't trade anderson for anybody right now.
    Me either. His value for our team is so much better than what his trade value would be. Don't fix what ain't broke.

  9. #59
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbowen40 View Post
    It's obvious pau gasol doesn't fit into d'antoni's system. D'antoni wants a stretch 4. howard has always played with a stretch 4 (rashad lewis and then anderson) and has been a big part of his success since all he can do is cut to the goal and dunk. and now pau his wanting to work in the same space as dwight. so it seems like either pau or howard would have to go. (i would personally want to put pau at the 5 where he thrived in memphis and move howard but the lakers wont do that).

    I've been saying the lakers would be better with anderson instead of gasol and i heard tim legler echo that thought on colin cowterd's show yesterday. (of course cowterd said anderson, oh the shooter for orlando, idiot).

    another fit i thought of would be pau for gallinari, who d'antoni loves, and others.

    anyway, is there a scenario where y'all could see the lakers and us getting into talks and would y'all approve? put pau at the 5 and develop AD at the 4? idk, just something i was thinking about.
    As a Hornets fan, I don't give a you know what who the Lakers would be better with. Why should the Hornets help the Lakers by giving up a 24 year old, that happens to be playing really well for us btw, and will likely play even better when main piece(s) return, for a 30+ year old with bad knees?

  10. #60
    yea i wasn't saying do it. just something i thought about. obviously there's a whole thread i missed haha

    also wasn't thinking about the age differences.

    the only thought i had of why to consider it is the uncertainty of how davis will develop. will he be a 4 or a 5, idk. if he's a 4 how does anderson fit in?

    i wish i knew what vision demps has for this team

  11. #61
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbowen40 View Post
    yea i wasn't saying do it. just something i thought about. obviously there's a whole thread i missed haha

    also wasn't thinking about the age differences.

    the only thought i had of why to consider it is the uncertainty of how davis will develop. will he be a 4 or a 5, idk. if he's a 4 how does anderson fit in?

    i wish i knew what vision demps has for this team
    How was Anderson fitting in when Davis was playing? I don't recall them having problems playing together.

  12. #62
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,377
    Anderson's untouchable

    It is widely presumed around the league that Howard's former Orlando teammate Ryan Anderson, now in New Orleans, is the Lakers' No. 1 trade target if they were to consent to dealing Gasol. But sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Anderson is regarded as a virtual untouchable by the Hornets, given that the 24-year-old is not only a highly competent stretch power forward signed to a comparatively reasonable four-year contract but also because Anderson has proven to be an underrated rebounder. Rebounding and defense have long been areas of concern with Bargnani, who was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft. ESPN.com
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#g16B-r2VES

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    How was Anderson fitting in when Davis was playing?
    well when they're on the court together davis plays the 5 and anderson the 4, which i like, but is that the long term solution i'm wondering. don't get me wrong, im a huge anderson fan, in fact i think he has no business coming off the bench.

    this stuff has been talked about in a ton of threads i know

  14. #64
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    3,758
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Great. Go kick rocks Fakers.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbowen40 View Post
    well when they're on the court together davis plays the 5 and anderson the 4, which i like, but is that the long term solution i'm wondering. don't get me wrong, im a huge anderson fan, in fact i think he has no business coming off the bench.

    this stuff has been talked about in a ton of threads i know
    You're getting too hung up on positions. Many of the best teams in the league don't play a "5" in crunch time. For the Heat, Bosh is frequently the biggest guy on the floor by the end. Celtics, KG. Spurs, Duncan. Thunder, Ibaka. Etc. Etc.

    Yes, Davis and Anderson on the floor together appears to be the long-term solution. And it is totally fine. In a few years that will be in the discussion for the best front court in the league. And no, there is no way the Lakers are going to fleece us for Ryan Anderson.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •