Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lakers after Anderson?

lets humor them for a bit and say we'll trade them Ryno.....do the writers not realize we'd have to give them like 4 players to make this deal work...how absurd.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m8pyzhohdP1qh8wol.gif 
Views:	127 
Size:	335.3 KB 
ID:	4487

Anderson's 4 years $32/m contract don't make sense on this team? Since when? $8 mil for a top 30 player doesn't make sense?

Seems that somebody picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I want a bag of money.

So what?

Worthless article, worthless post.

Yeah I think they will go after Josh Smith before Ryno (who JUST signed with the hornets)!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Now if the Lakers want a stretch 4 that bad, they actually could go after Illyasova. He's been disappointing this year and underperforming his contract, while his back up Larry Sanders has been breaking out. The Bucks are looking to make the playoffs also, with Jenning and Ellis so Pau would actually help them out. Trade Pau for Illyasova and Drew Gooden. LA gets stretched D for Howard and MIL. can start Larry Sanders and Pau Gasol.

I'm not a fan of either of their teams, but if any Laker fans are looking at this it makes a TON more sense than Anderson. Just putting it out there.

if demps traded ryno to the lakers or to anyone for that matter i would boycott the hornets til demps was fired...unless its to someone else and we got 1 hell of a haul in...ryno should be in our future plans bottom line hes only the best 3pt shooter in the nba imo

They can have him... Just make sure they include Howard in the trade...

They should do it. Anderson putting a crimp in NO's apparent quest for the first pick again this season

How are they gonna act like just because the Lakers want Anderson that he could be 'packing his bags'? Its like everyone thinks the hornets have no say in the matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    if demps traded ryno to the lakers or to anyone for that matter i would boycott the hornets til demps was fired...unless its to someone else and we got 1 hell of a haul in...ryno should be in our future plans bottom line hes only the best 3pt shooter in the nba imo
    Well when you consider he almost gave the Lakers Chris Paul for Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, and Luis Scola I wouldn't be shocked. Although I don't see Demps doing this trade there's always that WTF moment GM create this trade would be one.

Demps isn't like all the other GMs in the league
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Screw the lakers

This just makes me sick. This article is what is wrong with the NBA. The NBA just revolves around the big teams. Lucky for us, we don't have Shinn nor Bower to do a deal like this.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

As I read this thread I am comforted by the fact that Dell Demps,to date, has shown that he is smarter than 99% of the hack NBA columnist. Even after taking into account matching EG's max deal.

I'm not worried at all. Wishful thinking by a Lakers fan with a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Well when you consider he almost gave the Lakers Chris Paul for Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, and Luis Scola I wouldn't be shocked. Although I don't see Demps doing this trade there's always that WTF moment GM create this trade would be one.
    Quantify that statement by adding that we were going to lose Paul anyway, and for nothing if we didn't make a trade.

Not to mention hind-sight, that trade looks pretty sexy compaired to Paul for Aminu and a 54 million dollar hole in the roster. Of course if the Lakers deal would have went through AD might not be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Not to mention hind-sight, that trade looks pretty sexy compaired to Paul for Aminu and a 54 million dollar hole in the roster. Of course if the Lakers deal would have went through AD might not be here.
    Ahhem 58.3762, but who's counting?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quantify that statement by adding that we were going to lose Paul anyway, and for nothing if we didn't make a trade.

Exactly my thoughts.

lol they act as if the rest of the league is a breeding ground for the lakers to pick and choose from as they see fit to make up a roster with teems bending at the knee to make it happen

The point being the Lakers almost got the leagues best point guard for a lot of pieces their current teams didn't want.

One of the best things about Anderson is that his style of play should allow him to be effective well into his thirties. No reason to let him go unless this incarnation of the rebuild somehow is a failure in 3-4 years and we need to entirely start over. Tough to see that happening with the promising young core and cap flexibility we have. If we bring in another $6 - $8MM starter and add a high lottery pick this offseason we should definitely be close to the playoffs (if not in them) next year.

2013/14 Pelicans

PG: Vasquez
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Mid-Level FA
    PF: Ant'n'y Davis
    C: Robin Lopez

Bench 1: Ryno 33
    Bench 2: Austin Rivers
    Bench 3: Smiht
    Bench 4: 2013 Lottery Stud

That's an 8 seed IMHO if Rivers progresses and EG10 is healthy for 65 games.
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 12-03-2012 at 07:35 PM.

The point being the Lakers almost got the leagues best point guard for a lot of pieces their current teams didn't want.
    Point taken. And I'd add the Paul could have just as easily walked out of New Orleans with absolutely zero compensation coming back to New Orleans. Paul was holding all the cards and we were lucky to get what we got. Period. Luckily for New Orleans he was more mature than Labron.

You mean the same way the Lakers got Howard AND Gasol AND Nash? The same way Miami got LeBron AND Bosh? The same way the Knicks got Amare AND Melo? The same way Boston got Ray Allen AND KG?

Let's face it... Big market teams bully small market teams and feed off their talent. That's how the NBA works. Keep in mind the fact that Demps didn't even have an owner when he was trying to deal CP, and CP totally screwed him over by demanding a trade - that completely killed his trade value.

I'd say what Demps was able to scrape together was near miraculous. Aminu was a very attractive prospect 2 years ago, and the Minny pick was thought to be a top-3 pick at the time. Kaman was a huge expiring that provided us cap space.

Cut the man some slack.

People are only able to even call that trade a bad one by comparison... TO THE TRADE WE GOT; so, why even worry about it? I mean, question Dell's judgment if you so wish i guess, but it wasn't a matter of judgment: we were getting strong armed by our star player. Chris had to be traded if we were going to receive any value at all, and frankly, we don't know what any of the other offers were, so what's worth comparing to the lakers trade to anyway that should be considered necessarily better? It most likely wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    You mean the same way the Lakers got Howard AND Gasol AND Nash? The same way Miami got LeBron AND Bosh? The same way the Knicks got Amare AND Melo? The same way Boston got Ray Allen AND KG?

Let's face it... Big market teams bully small market teams and feed off their talent. That's how the NBA works. Keep in mind the fact that Demps didn't even have an owner when he was trying to deal CP, and CP totally screwed him over by demanding a trade - that completely killed his trade value.

I'd say what Demps was able to scrape together was near miraculous. Aminu was a very attractive prospect 2 years ago, and the Minny pick was thought to be a top-3 pick at the time. Kaman was a huge expiring that provided us cap space.

Cut the man some slack.
    This

Thread Information