Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I dont understand how more diehard Hornets fans aren't pro-losing {merged tank talk}

SHABAZZ MUHAMMAD IS OVERRATED!.

Yup, i said it....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I am a diehard (and have the tickets to prove it), and I don't mind us losing in order to get another top 5 pick. The thunder did it, and i believe that Demps and Monty are just as competent as that group.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Benson's wallet can't. Well it could but the NBA ain't no charity. Being close to an 8th seed and .500 is just what this team needs right now. Not another shot in the dark on some lottery pick. Got enough young projects as it is.
    I'm always amazed at how concerned normal people are about the profits of a billionaire. Do you think Tom Benson cares one iota about your personal finances? So why would you worry about him? Dude has seen the value of the Saints increase 1000% since he purchased them in 1985 - and that's not to mention the millions in annual profits, the prestige, and the fun he's had whilst owning them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You don't just jump from poor to good. Gotta be average at some point in the interim. Just lose until we have a bunch of good players then BOOM we're contenders? Don't work that way. Getting Shabazz or whoever sounds sexy, but we need to experience winning as much as possible. It's not like we're losing a bunch at full strength here.

And everytime I read the T-word I want to pull the poster's guts out.
    Sure you do. Hornets did it in 06/07. Thunder did it in like 08/09. Blazers did it in like 07/08 (although they flamed out do to injuries). Celtics did it in 06/07. Jazz did it same year Hornets did. Grizzlies did it a couple of years ago. Sixers did it last year. It happens frequently.

Man we need to lose this game to the Bucks. Hopefully we'll have our typical disastrous 3rd Quarter. With Lakers, Grizzlies, and Heat coming up next we'd easily have the 2nd worst record in the League if we can manage to eek out a "L" tonight. Sets up a huge showdown with the Wizards in 2 weeks and a chance to close in on 25% ping pong balls this April.

Thread Information