Pelicans Report

Thread: Denver Nuggets Press Conference

Denver Nuggets Press Conference

Now I'm sure you are all be rushing in to interview the team that will go from last to playoffs in just 1 off-season, so Nuggets Press Conference is now open.

More then happy to talk about our new signings:
    Chris Bosh
    Sammy Cassell
    Penny Hardaway
    James Posey
    Chris Mihm

Also any other question will be answered.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Who does your hair?

congratulations on the signings, you've assembled a playoff worthy team in one off-season. what are your realistic expectations for your team this season?

Woody Paige: The integrity of your team was severely in question during the season. Some accused you of tanking. Do you feel you have vindicated yourself and the team for the job you have done this offseason?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Who does your hair?
    I actually cut it myself

congratulations on the signings, you've assembled a playoff worthy team in one off-season. what are your realistic expectations for your team this season?
    I'm hoping to be a fringe playoff team, with Bosh as our #1 scorer I believe he can be a shot at Rookie of the Year and our D is looking really good at the moment. I'm really excited to be bringing in Cassell at the point, and believe Chris and Penny along with Sam will be our big 3. Watch out Western Conference!

Woody Paige: The integrity of your team was severely in question during the season. Some accused you of tanking. Do you feel you have vindicated yourself and the team for the job you have done this offseason?
    Although I didn't get everyone I wanted this off-season, we are a team on the rise and I believe it will take us this year and next to be a real force in the league, for now the goal is playoffs. For those who accused the Nuggets of tanking, it was kind of hard to win with the team we had, most of the team were rookies, but this is a fresh start with only a few old faces, but you will see us, come the end of the year

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Where do you see your self from now? Are you guys still looking for a star like player to lead this team?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    With a great deal of cap space left and some potential holes still left to feel, what kind of player would you like to target with the additional cap space? Or do you feel content with the team instead, and plan on saving this financial flexibility for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Where do you see your self from now? Are you guys still looking for a star like player to lead this team?
    We believe that Chris Bosh will take a massive step in his rookie season, just like Nene did last year but better. Chris and Sam have also been named captains, as I really believe they will run the show for us, night in night out and have leadership qualities

With a great deal of cap space left and some potential holes still left to feel, what kind of player would you like to target with the additional cap space? Or do you feel content with the team instead, and plan on saving this financial flexibility for the future?
    At the time being we are looking for a backup PF for the last roster spot, we also need to reach the salary floor so we have thrown a few big deals out there. We also have a lot coming off the books next off-season with plenty of cap, and I hear next years FA is even better then this one, we are also trying to move a few of the younger players to get some extra roster spots

We believe that Chris Bosh will take a massive step in his rookie season, just like Nene did last year but better. Chris and Sam have also been named captains, as I really believe they will run the show for us, night in night out and have leadership qualities

At the time being we are looking for a backup PF for the last roster spot, we also need to reach the salary floor so we have thrown a few big deals out there. We also have a lot coming off the books next off-season with plenty of cap, and I hear next years FA is even better then this one, we are also trying to move a few of the younger players to get some extra roster spots

anymore questions?

Chris Bosh was looking good at training camp working on his inside game and in the weights room pumping iron

Thread Information