Pelicans Report

Thread: New Orleans Hornets guard Greivis Vasquez destined for starry future if he continues

New Orleans Hornets guard Greivis Vasquez destined for starry future if he continues

Your link isn't working. Here's one.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...l#incart_river

I think Vasquez belongs in this league no doubt. However what I feel gets lost in all of this hoopla is the fact that guys don't go all out in the regular season and especially in non prime time games against guys they may not have a ton of respect for. Jeremy Lin had his run because he was given the keys with Melo and A'mare out and people probably didn't even know who he was before all the media attention. 82 games is an extremely long season and guys tend to pace themselves. Greivis is more than talented enough to get his fairly consistently if you don't press him and expose his weaknesses and if he's given the green light, but if making deep playoff runs are the goal a team needs to be significantly better at the point than GV.

As for the General being an all-star that just's crazy talk. There are far too many talented PG's right now for GV to make an all-star ballot let alone an all-star team.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    If he can cut down on the turnovers AND keep production this high when Gordon and Davis return... Probably.

I think he is the right PG at the moment, very talented, his three point shot is coming together, TOs is one of his flaws, but Aminu gets more with the ball less in his hands, so idk
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    As for the General being an all-star that just's crazy talk. There are far too many talented PG's right now for GV to make an all-star ballot let alone an all-star team.
    I agree he is not going to make it to the all Start team, you don’t need all that many PGs to be better than him, only 4, and there certainly are 4 that are better.

What I think is true, is that if he manages to get his numbers to something like 14 PPG, 8 APG and 2.5 TOpg, with a field % of .45 and 3 points % of .35 (which is not too far from where he is right now) he will be a starter some ware in the NBA next year again (either with us or with someone else).

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I think Vasquez belongs in this league no doubt. However what I feel gets lost in all of this hoopla is the fact that guys don't go all out in the regular season and especially in non prime time games against guys they may not have a ton of respect for. Jeremy Lin had his run because he was given the keys with Melo and A'mare out and people probably didn't even know who he was before all the media attention. 82 games is an extremely long season and guys tend to pace themselves. Greivis is more than talented enough to get his fairly consistently if you don't press him and expose his weaknesses and if he's given the green light, but if making deep playoff runs are the goal a team needs to be significantly better at the point than GV.

I agree with most things you say here. GV could bea good player on a very talented roster, like a Heat team, for instance. With a team like that you could exploit him all you want, but at a certain point the other players are going to crush you if you spend too much time on Vasquez. Vasquez has the talent to succeed at a high level, especially if he has a spread out floor, a slasher like Gordon, and a monster inside with Davis.

He could be the long-term starter, but I think Rivers most likely will.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

All one has to do is look at where he was last season at this time and where he is now. It's like night and day. Next year? Who knows?
    Support Louisiana businesses.

GV was actually not too bad last year, but this is definitely his breakout year

I think he's a good 3rd or 4th starter. He does a good shot of setting up our scorers and keeping our role players in the game.

Thread Information