Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sports Hangover: Gordon ready to go, he and Davis playing together in two weeks

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Sports Hangover: Gordon ready to go, he and Davis playing together in two weeks

Alexander, host of the Hangover on 690 said Gordon told him he is ready to go. Also predicted that he and Davis will be on the court together in two weeks.

Ready to go?! Get your @#$ down here and ball then!

I hope this is true... i really do. Also keep in mind December 15th approaches....

woohoo! about effin time

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I don't believe it until he is on the court. Usually I give players the benefit of the doubt with stuff like this but not Gordon.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Uh uh. I'm not getting excited. You can't trick me twice.

Ready go where?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm salivating at a healthy squad.

When I hear ready to go I'm thinking now not two weeks from now. Is he ready now or will be in two weeks?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Even if he is ready, I see that as no reason to accelerate the process. Move along at the pace you were planning to from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    When I hear ready to go I'm thinking now not two weeks from now. Is he ready now or will be in two weeks?
    "he and Davis will be on the court together in two weeks"

I think he is saying he is predicting Davis to be back in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    "he and Davis will be on the court together in two weeks"

I think he is saying he is predicting Davis to be back in that time.
    Yeah that part was confusing. Either way I don't expect him back for another 2 weeks. If he's back before than that's just gravy.

Ready to go? you mean ready to go in 2 weeks? Big difference.

Ready to go? As in to another team?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah that part was confusing. Either way I don't expect him back for another 2 weeks. If he's back before than that's just gravy.
    Like someone else mentioned why rush him back? Wspecially for a person with his history. Id rather ease him into things. Once he is a full go in practice let him come off the bench for 15mins, then 25mins you know. slowly allow him to come back and make sure he wont suffer any setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ready to go? As in to another team?
    LOL i think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Like someone else mentioned why rush him back? Wspecially for a person with his history. Id rather ease him into things. Once he is a full go in practice let him come off the bench for 15mins, then 25mins you know. slowly allow him to come back and make sure he wont suffer any setbacks.
    What do you mean, why rush him back? He's been out for two years already.... At some point he has to be "ready to go"... It sounds like this is that time..

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    What do you mean, why rush him back? He's been out for two years already.... At some point he has to be "ready to go"... It sounds like this is that time..
    Completely agree.

Lol, hopefully this time his comeback isn't as short-lived.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. Rushing him back? I've seen blown out ACLs take less time to recover from. But, as before, I'm not getting my hopes up this time. I'll see it when I see it.

And I expect Davis to back before that time, btw.

Gordon changes the dynamic of our team so much. I believe he is going to amplify the play of Anderson and GV so much. Also makes our pick and roll game that much better. It will be fun to watch.

EG pick n roll with Davis... The drive... He fakes the lob to AD and kick it out to Ryno on the wing... Ryno for 3 ???

BINGO !!!

Can't wait !!!
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

exactly, so when someone has that bad of an injury history, and they are "ahead of schedule" of the original time frame that was given out, why risk it. as many have said before we arent contenders this year. what is 1-2 weeks when you have have waited an entire season?

I agree 100%. I know many are hoping for another high draft pick, but we can't afford to be a bad team this year. We need to attract FAs in the offseason, and the way to do that is to put a winning team on the court as soon as we can. If Gordon and his doctors say he's "ready to go," then he's ready to go.

A few weeks ago, we all said "it's not structural, it's a pain issue; Gordon should play through it." Now Gordon is (allegedly) pain-free and we want him to "not rush back" so that he doesn't risk "aggravating" this non-structural pain issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Ready go where?
    To Dr. Andrews for surgery. Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Thread Information