.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 217

Thread: Gayle Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

  1. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    That looks like the wizards jersey
    This was te 1st thing I thought about.

  2. #127
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I read on Hornets 247 that someone with connections towards the re brand said its most definitely NOT Pelicans. Its between the Voodoo or Krewe. It would make since if it was Voodoo, because thats pretty "ballsy",I guess we will find out tho.
    God, I hope so.

    I'd say Krewe of New Orleans is pretty ballsy, but that's just me.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

    Click here for my first voice demo!

  3. #128
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Pelicans, Voodoo, Krewe, Other. Since this rebrand has first started you have been right in the middle of everything 42 and delivered us some good info. I want your opinion, those 4 categories mentioned above, what are your %'s that you think the name will be? Please don't tell me 25, 25, 25, 25 lol
    Based on what I see out there: 75%, 20%, 4%, 1%, in your order. I think it's Pelicans, but it's my third choice at best.

    ETA: I've been doing what I can to present the data that is out in the world, regardless of which `side' it falls on, then make a coherent story of it. I could be wrong about the story, and I certainly don't have all the data. My hope in doing this is to make sure fans have the chance to see the data available in a `lump' and to inspire those with more information who may not realize it to come forward. Occasionally there are rogue posts that say someone told me this. Tempting as those posts are, seductively mysterious at times, too many of them are false to carry much weight. I note them, but it's hard to see how they fit the larger picture. I really don't care about `nailing it' on this, since there's nothing to be right or wrong about. Tom Benson is saying "What number am I thinking of?" Guessing it or not is arbitrary. Collecting the data and staring at it is all we can do.

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by 42; 11-30-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  4. #129
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    Gale Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

    I might cry if its the pelicans. I do however want the team to be called The Crescent City_______ then ill be happy.

  5. #130
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Based on what I see out there: 75%, 20%, 4%, 1%, in your order. I think it's Pelicans, but it's my third choice at best.

    ETA: I've been doing what I can to present the data that is out in the world, regardless of which `side' it falls on, then make a coherent story of it. I could be wrong about the story, and I certainly don't have all the data. My hope in doing this is to make sure fans have the chance to see the data available in a `lump' and to inspire those with more information who may not realize it to come forward. Occasionally there are rogue posts that say someone told me this. Tempting as those posts are, seductively mysterious at times, too many of them are false to carry much weight. I note them, but it's hard to see how they fit the larger picture. I really don't care about `nailing it' on this, since there's nothing to be right or wrong about. Tom Benson is saying "What number am I thinking of?" Guessing it or not is arbitrary. Collecting the data and staring at it is all we can do.

    Thoughts?
    Thanks for your post. I appreciate your honesty and I know many others do as well.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  6. #131
    The Witch Doctor NemesisKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ask Your Wife
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    God, I hope so.

    I'd say Krewe of New Orleans is pretty ballsy, but that's just me.
    He himself has no connection to the rebrand. The guy said he knew some one at the NBA office in marketing. This "Guy" isn't telling him anything straight up other than what it's not.

    The guy according to this poster is saying with out a doubt it won't be Pelicans. His own "gut" feeling is its the Krewe, which still blows my mind that the name went from this forum to the Tom Benson and he's actually considering it as apart of the "3". But again, it's only the poster feeling that it's the Krewe and not based on anything his NBA friend told him. But i do find it strange that the friend left out Voodoo the first two times they spoke.

    Lie by omission? Maybe the "Guy" didn't mention Voodoo because he knew that was the name that the "League" was in support of, or maybe it was as simple as the poster not asking about Voodoo so the informant didn't include it.

    The third name that he wasn't aware of because the "Guy" didn't tell him prior to his first couple of post was Voodoo.

    Like i told 42 over there, i don't know how straight up he is, but it really reads like the guy believes what he's saying.

    It also seems as though the league is going to have some kind of say in it in terms of their marketing opinion. If that's actually the case and those are the "3" names up to replace the Hornets, i don't care what the poster's "gut" tells him, it has to be Voodoo.

    Because i can't see the league getting behind Pelicans as a replacement for Hornets, the idea that they would support Krewe is unthinkable.

    My "gut" would tell me if indeed those are the "3", it has to be Voodoo. And if you want to use 42's theory, i think the colors point to Voodoo as well. The Voodoo colors are purple, red and gold/tan with some black. That is very easy to translate to black/navy, red and gold.

    I coud see the NBA viewing a Voodoo brand as a marketing bonanza.

    Another guy by the name of X also gave his two cents. Supposedly he works for Adidas.

    "I can somewhat back this guys story up from a prospective that the team could be named the Krewe. I work for Adidas and Rumors getting around the company is that the franchise had finalized the re-brand sometime ago. The name is suppose to be most logical from Tom Benson’s prospective, its suppose to best represent the Team and City as a whole. So New Orleans Krewe, as in “Crew” makes sense. With the spelling Krewe to give it a New Orleans feel."
    Now my big problem with what the Adidas guy is saying, and i know that is just his speculation, but his personal knowledge of what's being said around Adidas that he's using to support the other poster doesn't actually seem to support Krewe, and that's just how i read it.

    He said what's being said around Adidas is that it's the most logical from Tom Benson's perspective, since when is that the name Krewe.

    Common knowledge, it's suppose to best represent the team and city as a whole, but other than a play on worlds with Krew, meaning we're all apart of the Krewe, how does that best represent the team and City.

    I think the most logical name from Tom Benson's perspective is a name he already came up with, Voodoo. And if it is actually one of the "3", i can't see how Tome Benson on his own decides to choose Krewe or Pelicans over Voodoo with Voodoo actually being an option, especially with the NBA weighing in.
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 11-30-2012 at 10:00 AM.

  7. #132
    Where's the photo shoppers with the imagination at?

  8. #133
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700



    Just sayin
    Wherehappens.

  9. #134
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    So Voodoo was an option since July. So this leads me to question this poster.

    Also, why not use the Voodoo's purple and add navy to replace black? This doesn't seem like the most rational choice. Possible, yes.

    Also, these two supposedly completely indpendent posters both use IP's in Brisbane Australia. This is a nice coincidence that two people with specific information pertaining to the NBA both in the same city, or there is some relationship. If there is a relationship, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be disclosed, especially if they are the same person.

    A quick scan doesn't reveal any corporate sort of Adidas or Reebok jobs in Australia. (Adidas owns Reebok, so I expanded the search to be more complete)

    All this could be on the level, but it just adds to my skepticism . . . why do we know about Voodoo but he didn't last month when he was posting in July about EG and hit these rebrand posts now, so he was clearly paying attention.

    Also, post history shows that he said Krewe or Pelicans, then says not Pelicans 2 days later on a different post with his gut saying Krewe.

    And the theory you put forth is exactly what he said happened, with Voodoo being dropped in exactly between these discussions?

    It just doesn't add up to take it terribly seriously at this point, truthful as it may be.

  10. #135
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    Gale Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    So Voodoo was an option since July. So this leads me to question this poster.

    Also, why not use the Voodoo's purple and add navy to replace black? This doesn't seem like the most rational choice. Possible, yes.

    Also, these two supposedly completely indpendent posters both use IP's in Brisbane Australia. This is a nice coincidence that two people with specific information pertaining to the NBA both in the same city, or there is some relationship. If there is a relationship, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be disclosed, especially if they are the same person.

    A quick scan doesn't reveal any corporate sort of Adidas or Reebok jobs in Australia. (Adidas owns Reebok, so I expanded the search to be more complete)

    All this could be on the level, but it just adds to my skepticism . . . why do we know about Voodoo but he didn't last month when he was posting in July about EG and hit these rebrand posts now, so he was clearly paying attention.

    Also, post history shows that he said Krewe or Pelicans, then says not Pelicans 2 days later on a different post with his gut saying Krewe.

    And the theory you put forth is exactly what he said happened, with Voodoo being dropped in exactly between these discussions?

    It just doesn't add up to take it terribly seriously at this point, truthful as it may be.
    After reading this, I feel like I just finished watching inception.

  11. #136
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Based on what I see out there: 75%, 20%, 4%, 1%, in your order. I think it's Pelicans, but it's my third choice at best.

    ETA: I've been doing what I can to present the data that is out in the world, regardless of which `side' it falls on, then make a coherent story of it. I could be wrong about the story, and I certainly don't have all the data. My hope in doing this is to make sure fans have the chance to see the data available in a `lump' and to inspire those with more information who may not realize it to come forward. Occasionally there are rogue posts that say someone told me this. Tempting as those posts are, seductively mysterious at times, too many of them are false to carry much weight. I note them, but it's hard to see how they fit the larger picture. I really don't care about `nailing it' on this, since there's nothing to be right or wrong about. Tom Benson is saying "What number am I thinking of?" Guessing it or not is arbitrary. Collecting the data and staring at it is all we can do.

    Thoughts?
    Thanks for the work you do to keep us fans in the loop 42.

  12. #137
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    After reading this, I feel like I just finished watching inception.
    Didn't see it. I watch mostly garbage. I know a good bit about Freddy Got Fingered, and I've seen Frank McKlusky, C.I. more than once.

  13. #138
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Thanks for the work you do to keep us fans in the loop 42.
    Settle down, settle down. None of that.

    Challenging ideas the right way is how we cut through garbage, even well-intentioned garbage that I spew. People `picking' is how we get past the incorrect ideas, or those that have become incorrect.

    This rebrand stuff, in terms of details, is largely meaningless. It will happen, the core will still watch, and winning will draw people. It's supposed to be a fun thing, branding (to me), and puzzles are fun (to me).

  14. #139
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Settle down, settle down. None of that.

    Challenging ideas the right way is how we cut through garbage, even well-intentioned garbage that I spew. People `picking' is how we get past the incorrect ideas, or those that have become incorrect.

    This rebrand stuff, in terms of details, is largely meaningless. It will happen, the core will still watch, and winning will draw people. It's supposed to be a fun thing, branding (to me), and puzzles are fun (to me).
    It IS largely meaningless but it IS quite fun to speculate about.

  15. #140
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    It IS largely meaningless but it IS quite fun to speculate about.
    It is.

    Let's fight!

  16. #141
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Remember these?



    Red trim on the letters... that would be pretty slick.

  17. #142
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    The name Pelicans sounds so goofy.

  18. #143
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    metairie
    Posts
    1,228
    Those colors are what the Benson's prefer, not neccessarily what the league likes.

  19. #144
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Those colors are what the Benson's prefer, not neccessarily what the league likes.
    Right, but the league isn't going to just decide, they're more of the approval aspect not the creative one.

  20. #145
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    So Voodoo was an option since July. So this leads me to question this poster.

    Also, why not use the Voodoo's purple and add navy to replace black? This doesn't seem like the most rational choice. Possible, yes.

    Also, these two supposedly completely indpendent posters both use IP's in Brisbane Australia. This is a nice coincidence that two people with specific information pertaining to the NBA both in the same city, or there is some relationship. If there is a relationship, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be disclosed, especially if they are the same person.

    A quick scan doesn't reveal any corporate sort of Adidas or Reebok jobs in Australia. (Adidas owns Reebok, so I expanded the search to be more complete)

    All this could be on the level, but it just adds to my skepticism . . . why do we know about Voodoo but he didn't last month when he was posting in July about EG and hit these rebrand posts now, so he was clearly paying attention.

    Also, post history shows that he said Krewe or Pelicans, then says not Pelicans 2 days later on a different post with his gut saying Krewe.

    And the theory you put forth is exactly what he said happened, with Voodoo being dropped in exactly between these discussions?

    It just doesn't add up to take it terribly seriously at this point, truthful as it may be.
    hahaha. Love it! Put the IP on blast and everything.

  21. #146
    All of BigDub's concepts have been pretty much removed and took forever to find this one. But look, same colors as they said. The Dukes....




    @DatPurpleHornet

  22. #147
    hopefully it will get to a fan vote and they'd clearly have a favorite in mind but if they see a certain name fail with the fans like pelicans (hypothetically) maybe the fans voice can actually carry some weight.

  23. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    All of BigDub's concepts have been pretty much removed and took forever to find this one. But look, same colors as they said. The Dukes....



    i could learn to love that from the colors to the logo to the name (in that order)

  24. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i could learn to love that from the colors to the logo to the name (in that order)
    Can't take Dukes seriously...mostly cause i use the term Dukebag a lot.

    It was born from a mistake a friend made one night when he drunkenly said (as Lamar Odom entered a game) "Dat dude's a DUKE"...
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-30-2012 at 12:13 PM.

  25. #150
    Hall of Famer Panic Hoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern Bama
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    All of BigDub's concepts have been pretty much removed and took forever to find this one. But look, same colors as they said. The Dukes....




    DUKES!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •