.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 217

Thread: Gayle Benson: Hornets colors to be Red, Navy, and Gold next season

  1. #26
    I know everyone hating on the navy but keep in mind navy can be so dark it can ALMOST be black....?
    Am i wrong? Are we gonna split hairs here? Ok then.

  2. #27
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Cardinals.
    Maybe they go with Cardinal a la Stanford but with obviously a different meaning. And black and navy blue are almost indiscernible from a distance.

    I went about 10 years believing the Chicago Bears home jersey was black.

  3. #28

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I know everyone hating on the navy but keep in mind navy can be so dark it can ALMOST be black....?
    Am i wrong? Are we gonna split hairs here? Ok then.
    It can be I'm wondering if we could still have a black Alt tho.

  5. #30
    Aren't navy, red and gold the colors of the Marines and (in a way) prominent in the Navy as well? Maybe Bucs or Pilots or Privateers even?

    Also just food for thought - out state flag is prominently navy and gold with pelicans on it - so that doesn't necessarily eliminate "Pelicans".

    Sure sounds like it's not "Breakers" though.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And black and navy blue are almost indiscernible from a distance.

    I went about 10 years believing the Chicago Bears home jersey was black.
    +1. I swear the Yankees road uniforms look black as heck to this day, yet they're navy in certain light.

  7. #32
    Keep thinking of these colors and the words "ballsy" and "old school" and I'm wondering if it couldn't have something to do with the DDay Museum or the Higgins boats or something nautical like that. Isn't Benson a vet? Those colors are very patriotic.

  8. #33
    The Franchise Big-EZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Orleans/Arabi
    Posts
    1,519
    I heard cardinals before by some rumor either on here or 247, and these colors lead me to think of that name....
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

  9. #34
    Does anybody have the All navy with the Red writing ?

  10. #35
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgib23 View Post
    Video?
    HEY. Where is all this coming from?

  11. #36
    Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    2,466
    Interesting..
    Last edited by shanetrain93; 11-28-2012 at 08:02 PM.

  12. #37
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,009
    Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    Source?
    On TV. An article is sure to be forthcoming.

    And I think Navy and Gold is fine on its own. Sure it's that Irish team everyone is gaga over, but whatever. Red could be like a highlighting color, me thinks.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

  13. #38
    Source was Gail Benson PRE GAME interview with Jennifer Hale.
    Jennifer Hale ‏@JenHale504

    NBA has final say on #Hornets colors & name change. That process has not yet begun. Red, navy & gold is the combination the Bensons prefer.

    https://twitter.com/JenHale504

  14. #39
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    On TV. An article is sure to be forthcoming.

    And I think Navy and Gold is fine on its own. Sure it's that Irish team everyone is gaga over, but whatever. Red could be like a highlighting color, me thinks.
    If the name is Cardinals, stands a good chance the main color will be that "red" (as in cardinal red). Cardinal, gold, and navy blue is what the colors would be.

  15. #40
    504 Contributor chubbs91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Old Metairie, LA
    Posts
    1,142
    Im guessing they picked the colors because of the New Orleans City Flag. Makes sense. Still sticking with Pelicans, based on everything Ive heard that the name of the team.

  16. #41
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,009
    Any one being the main one works. Even gold. Not sure what's everyone got on Cardinals for though. But whatever. Any name works.

  17. #42
    Hall of Famer Mr. Mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    556
    so what is the exact order gale listed the colors? that's most likely your answer as far as which colors are primary, secondary, and highlights.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    so what is the exact order gale listed the colors? that's most likely your answer as far as which colors are primary, secondary, and highlights.
    Believe it was Red, Gold and Navy in that order. Could be wrong though

    Edit: She may have said Gold first. I know for sure Navy was the last color mentioned. No one here has a DVR? Come aaahhhnnn....
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.

  19. #44
    i swear i wanted red and gold so bad, red jersey, gold trim, navy blue letters, i love it

  20. #45
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/3...8e387cfc6c.jpg

    http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/...-baseball-cap/ (not authoritative)

    http://beta.photobucket.com/images/N...eans+Pelicans/

    From the get-go the word has been, unofficially, that we could rebrand this coming offseason. We shall see, and clearly they are gunning for it.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  21. #46
    Hall of Famer Mr. Mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Believe it was Red, Gold and Navy in that order. Could be wrong though

    Edit: She may have said Gold first. I know for sure Navy was the last color mentioned. No one here has a DVR? Come aaahhhnnn....
    gotcha, thanks

  22. #47
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    I think it will be red jerseys, gold betters and blue lining.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  23. #48
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Not sure why the order she said something would imply order of importance.

  24. #49
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,935
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Not sure why the order she said something would imply order of importance.
    In this situation I agree, but most of the time when talking about a team the first color that is mentioned is the primary color.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  25. #50
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    In this situation I agree, but most of the time when talking about a team the first color that is mentioned is the primary color.
    I'm not sure that's true at enough of a rate to make the leap here (say, 95%) when it's just someone talking off the cuff. Why not list her favorite color first?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •