Pelicans Report

Thread: Knicks media room

NOLA Knicks media room

Welcome everyone to the basketball mecca, NYC. Here you can ask the GM any questions you have about the team.

A couple of offseason announcements:

I am pretty happy with our offseason so far. I got what I think was a steal with Chris Kaman at #13 in the draft. Chris is a huge skilled 7 footer with some serious post moves and is a solid rebounder. I feel he was one of the highest ceiling players in the draft.

Our other big addition of the offseason so far, was the return of Gary Payton. Last time he was here his teammates were a bunch of bums and not one of them is left on the team. I am very glad Gary chose to sign with us and came back. Gary won a title last season, will bring some championship veteran experience to our young squad, and wouldn't have come here near the end of his career if he didn't think he could win again

We are planning to run him at the 2 guard. We were looking for a SG who could shoot and defend, and we got arguably the best perimeter defender in the game, plus a guy who can score 18+ a game and dish out 10 dimes a game. At 6'4 he should be big enough for SG. We feel that Gary alone makes us a serious title contender, but we aren't done yet

We missed out on Stephen Jackson, Glenn Robinson, and Penny Hardaway, who I planned to use as a 6th man, but I am working on something else right now. And dont forget how young our star players are- Parker, Jefferson, Amare and Yao- we expect improvements from all of them. We also have tons of money that we're gonna use to help improve our guys, specifically Richard Jefferson's 3 pt shooting and defense. If RJ becomes a good shooter, having Payton and RJ to dish to will help Tony alot, last year we had no shooter

Projected starting 5:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	act_tony_parker.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	4464 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paytoga01.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	4463 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jefferson(10).jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	4462 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amare+Stoudemire+New+York+Knicks+v+Charlotte+XYIytgvj0uql.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	4461 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	act_yao_ming.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	4460

Tony Parker-Gary Payton-Richard Jefferson-Amar'e Stoudemire-Yao Ming

Key reserves: Anderson Varejao, Chris Kaman, Desmond Mason, ??

Any questions?
    Last edited by speedyG; 11-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Do you feel that this is the year for the Knicks to make the playoffs and if they don't, should the GM and coach be on the hot seat considering its year 4?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Your team is over-stacked, do you plan on moving guys down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Do you feel that this is the year for the Knicks to make the playoffs and if they don't, should the GM and coach be on the hot seat considering its year 4?
    Yes definitely, barring an injury-filled season this team should be a lock to make the playoffs, and if we don't people will get fired. We feel like our coach did a good job with a really young team last year, we were not expected to make the playoffs and ended up missing by just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Your team is over-stacked, do you plan on moving guys down the line?
    I like having good depth at every position, but I am always open to trade offers. Right now I dont see any holes in the team that need to be fixed but injuries/performances could change that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I understand you said "you like having depth at every position" but what about the guys who deserve the spotlight or a better role?

Kaman, Varejao Mason? I think they are happy with their roles for now

Anyways I would like to welcome our newest signings of the team:

Donyell Marshall

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six_090224_marshall_300.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	4489

With Donyell we get an elite defender who can knock down 3s and rebound, he will be a great guy to have off the bench and to fill in starting at SF if we need him

A couple other GMs were upset about this and the Gary Payton signing for some reason, but I don't really care since all I did was sign the players I wanted.

We are also happy to get Michael Dickerson, Stacey Augmon, Aleksandar, and Travis Best who will give us some good depth

As for the trash talking, whining, and random claims made about the Knicks and how I run the team by the Celtics GM, I already told that guy what I think and with all his talk about me I had no problem rubbing our new signings in his face.

Anyways we are pumped about the new season, and maybe a new rivalry, and think we have what it takes to be a contender

Thread Information