Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Official "Austin Rivers Is Getting It" Thread

The Official "Austin Rivers Is Getting It" Thread

Staying positive here.

Kid is showing confidence in his shot and instinctiveness on D. Running the offense and moving the ball well. Fix that hitch in his FT shot and uhh he's gonna be beast mode come April.

Endorse Rivers potential greatness below.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    after that shot... i'm starting to believe.

love seeing him finally catch & shoot with some confidence!

Also, can I just say amen to letting Rivers run the 2nd unit? Brian Roberts is a fricking boss off the ball and Rivers is a G with the ball in his hand.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    He looks infinitely better tonight

Wheres all his haters now?

Though, keep in mind its only one game. Hes going to have his struggles, but nights like this make it easier to believe in him.

Stay patient. He'll reward us soon enough.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	great+success.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	4437

I like the improvement, but I still see that Rivers falls/trips easily with little or no contact. I'm being totally serious when I say this: are his shoes too big or too loose? I can't think of any other reason for his losing balance like that (other than an inner ear infection)

Dude is 20, remember everyone was like tyreke evans is way better than harden, look at their rookie year! Ya how did that turn out. Rivers needs time. He gets to the rim at will and is a boss with the ball in his hands and shows excellent vision. Believe this, his shot will come, he is a super hard worker and ur shot is the easiest thing to fix. If we can draft Mcadoo from UNC and trade vasques and a pick for Cousins:

Rivers
    Gordon
    Mcadoo
    Davis
    Cousins
    that is a serious lineup in 3 years

He's even trash talking a little bit... i think it's just nerves of the big stage, slowly going away and he's getting comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    He's even trash talking a little bit... i think it's just nerves of the big stage, slowly going away and he's getting comfortable
    Probably has more to do with the Clippers than his persona.

I'm excited for Austin Rivers. I can't wait until he shuts up all the negativity towards him

Lol the title of this thread made me think of something else.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Its hard to say that his game was better looking than 14 and 6 with only one turnover, but it was. Dude was hitting some tough shots.

Also, after tonight, Rivers is shooting 41% from the arc (9/22). Check it if you don't believe me:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../austin-rivers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Its hard to say that his game was better looking than 14 and 6 with only one turnover, but it was. Dude was hitting some tough shots.
    Couldn't agree more. That's why I was saying yesterday that I thought he had a phenomenal game. If he hit half of his shots yesterday like he did tonight, this thread would have been created yesterday. I'm very high on this kid.

Check the Rivers haters thread over at RealGM forums. 6 pages long and counting.

Boy is going to explode sooner than later and they'll be eating sweet humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Also, after tonight, Rivers is shooting 41% from the arc (9/22). Check it if you don't believe me:

PPG:8 APG:4 RPG:2.5 TO:1.5 3PT%: 41%
    This is very good for a 20 year old rookie learning a new position... I thought his assist/turnover ratio would be terrible but dude is looking like an awesome passer. Think he will be a very good combo guard, russel westbrook, jrue holiday type.

Harden averaged 9ppg, 1.5ast and 3rpg as a rookie with 1.7 TO rate. I see austin surpassing these #'s by the end of the season.

Haha, and Damian Lillard (who puts up some of the most inefficient numbers in the league) had a 4-18 night against Detroit tonight. He is also averaging 3.3 TOs per game and shooting 44% from the field. Oh yeah, and he was drafted as a senior while Rivers was drafted as a freshman. People are actually talking about him for ROY, and Rivers is way outplaying him in terms of taking good shots and playing within the offense (both were labeled chuckers). Rivers is a better defender too.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 11-27-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Haha, and Damian Lillard (who puts up some of the most inefficient numbers in the league) had a 4-18 night against Detroit tonight. He is also averaging 3.3 TOs per game and shooting 44% from the field. Oh yeah, and he was drafted as a senior while Rivers was drafted as a freshman. People are actually talking about him for ROY, and Rivers is way outplaying him in terms of efficiency. Better defender too.
    Not yet, but soon if he keeps it up. Lillard won't be an All-Star in my opinion, but a good scoring PG.

Rivers needs more time at the point because he has potential to do it well. Let him run the point for the 2nd unit.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Not yet, but soon if he keeps it up. Lillard won't be an All-Star in my opinion, but a good scoring PG.

Rivers needs more time at the point because he has potential to do it well. Let him run the point for the 2nd unit.
    Ha you caught me. I changed it right after you quoted me. I love Rivers coming off the bench and running the 2nd unit from the point. He is a pure creator with the ball in his hands, and Roberts is a much better player as an off-guard than actually running the point - great shooter.

And he's all the way up to 24-81 (296%) after tonight!

But in all reality, the dude is looking a lot better than the first few games. His game's gonna come. Maybe sooner than I thought.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    Lol the title of this thread made me think of something else.
    He's getting that, too.

Ha you caught me. I changed it right after you quoted me. I love Rivers coming off the bench and running the 2nd unit from the point. He is a pure creator with the ball in his hands, and Roberts is a much better player as an off-guard than actually running the point - great shooter.
    I'm pretty sure Rivers could put up those kind of points like Lillard and Waiters if he took 20-25 shots a game like they do.

i like the comparison to Harden's rookie year

Thread Information