Pelicans Report

Thread: Boston Celtics Offseason Press Release

Boston Celtics Offseason Press Release

The celebrating of the Celtics 17th World Championship is over and the off season has begun, and the Celtics have been busy. We were ecstatic to add Keith Bogans via the draft and Samuel Dalambert via trade before Free Agency began.

We had flexibility due to nearly the entire Championship squad being up for Free Agency, we made (what we thought) was the easy decision to resign 3x Dunk Contest Participant (hey if you keep inviting him he'll keep showing up), Eddie Jones. Now the decisions get tougher, we unfortunately had to say goodbye to one of the anchors for our team last year, Gary Payton. We gave it a great shot offering him a long term deal with a total value nearly tripling what he agreed to in New York, but it seemed in his best interest to take a much larger (in the short term) contract for 1 year. But when one door closes another opens, and we are beyond thrilled to have Baron Davis in a Celtic jersey. We knew from the get go he wanted to play for a winner. We are a team that prides itself on defense having, and a two-time All Defense Second Teamer is what we wanted and we went out and paid for it. The decisions will get tougher, but we are ready to go out and fill out the roster. Any Questions?
    #FREEQUAIL

1. When Payton declined the original offer, was the offer pulled or was it still on the table when Davis signed?

2. How is this team so damn lucky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

With your team reloaded, how open do you feel your window is now? With Webber expiring in two years is this a build and reassess at that point or are you looking to constantly get younger and stay good? Do you consider yourself the title favorite going into next year? Who are the other teams that you see being major contenders vying for the championship this year up to this point.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    1. When Payton declined the original offer, was the offer pulled or was it still on the table when Davis signed?

2. How is this team so damn lucky?
    1. The offer was actually increased after Gary declined our initial offer during the "early resigning period", we added 2 more years and 2 more million on each year. He may have seen the writing on the wall we were also going after Baron hard, we thought the 2 could coexist, but obviously felt very strongly about Baron, offering him a max deal.

2. Luck is part of the game everyone knows that, it comes and goes and recently it's been on our side. We hope we have gotten to a point where good luck is icing on the cake or we are strong enough to overcome bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    With your team reloaded, how open do you feel your window is now? With Webber expiring in two years is this a build and reassess at that point or are you looking to constantly get younger and stay good? Do you consider yourself the title favorite going into next year? Who are the other teams that you see being major contenders vying for the championship this year up to this point.
    The window in our eyes is wide open. We have a strong backcourt for the next 6 years, Chris under contract for the next 2 and we have every intention of make sure Chris retires a Celtic, he has been our cornerstone since the beginning. As an organization we are constantly looking to improve, if any deals present themselves that we think will better us as a team we will pursue them. But let me reiterate this we LOVE our team right now. It's impossible to say who could be considered title favorites at this point, we may have the target on our back being the reigning champs and making such a splash in Free Agency, but let's get a few games into the season before we label any favorites. We will worry about our conference and our division more specifically. The Wizards are getting stronger, the Bulls have an unbelievable yet young core, and the 76ers just locked up Jamison and Camby longterm, this still isn't even mentioning teams like the Raptors, Hornets, or the entire Wester Conference.

Your team has a reputation of playing dirty. Do you feel that reputation is warranted?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Atlantic Division have won the last two championships(Wizards and Celtics), do you think its a tough division to be in?

To address the previous 2 questions before GM Mr. KY comes in to release his statement on the previous signings, no we don't feel like we are a dirty team, ever since Eddie Jones missed half a season due to a cheap shot and getting his skull cracked we play with a chip on our shoulder but we would never play dirty. It's hard to argue that the Atlantic Division is one of the toughes...BANG BANG BANG

GM Mr. KY: ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS!!! The Knicks!?!? Is that who you want to play for!?! They've never been to the playoffs, have loaded their team with lottery picks on small contracts and treat every offseason never rewarding a player with a longterm deal!? It's a mockery of the system and belittles all the hard work we do as General Managers trying to build teams. He's had the #2 pick in the draft and followed that up with getting the #1 and #2 pick in the draft THE NEXT YEAR!?!?! Only the Tanking Nuggets have a worse overall record since this league has started. The Knicks have 90 total wins in 3 years, we were ready to win 90 games next season alone (playoffs included). By the way THANKS Nuggets and Magic for tanking and then just allowing teams to unload contracts for a few measley points allowing these types of deals to happen. It's a joke and it's unfortunate Gary and Donyell were taken advantage of.

OK sorry for that outburst and rant, I don't want this to dampen the signings we actually did make which were huge strides to improving this team. I truly feel this is the deepest team we've ever had. Lamond Murray, Walter McCarty, and Jamie Feick will more than adaquetely fill in for the departure of Marshall. We truly feel those rotating these 3 in and out will keep them fresh for the season and there will not be a much of a dropoff from the starter to backup, whoever ends up winning those battles. And to bring back Greg Ostertag was huge, he played on the MLE last year and was a force on the boards and protected the rim averaging a career high 2.3 blocks per game. Him and Samuel Dalambert plus Chris and Kwame will be a frontcourt nobody will want to mess with. I apologize to anyone I have offended unless your home games are in Madison Square Garden.

Do you really want to be called Mr. KY?

Thread Information