Pelicans Report

Thread: Sacramento Kings Media Release

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar

Sacramento Kings Media Release

Geoff Petrie: Hello everyone and thank you for coming out this morning. I hope you are all having a good day so far and enjoying this beautiful, but very hot, west coast weather. Anyways, small talk aside, we are very excited today. Today is a very good day for the Sacramento Kings, and this is only the beginning of many great days to come in the near future for this organization.

Now before I get to the good stuff, we must address the bad. Obviously Mr. Cassell and Mr. Baker are no longer are a part of this franchise as they have found new homes in the NBA. They were not only great players for us, but also all around great people. We are sad to see them go, and we wish them the best in their future endeavors.

With that out the way, we can now address the exciting stuff. We had lots of cap room this off-season, and we saw great opportunity with that. We've brought in some new faces, and some familiar faces actually. We welcome with open arms Mr. Theo Ratliff, Mr. Terrrell Brandon, and we welcome back Mr. P.J. Brown. We are incredibly excited to add these players to our team, and we feel that we are growing closer and closer to winning a championship. While we have made the playoffs three years in a row, we're not satisfied yet. Our goal is to win a championship, and we whole heatedly believe that we are going to be in prime position to do so this year.

Now despite our enthusiasm about our most recent signings, we are not even close to being finished this off season. We have many moves planned going forward, and we plan on executing them fully. After we feel like our off season is over we will hold another press conference to announce our moves. Hopefully those moves include signing some of our players back, but we shall see. The NBA is a crazy place; you never know what will happen.

With all of that said, we will now take any questions regarding the signings we have made and the direction this team is headed towards in the near and distant future.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Hello Mr. Geoff, my question for you is when will we see Vinve him self finally step up and be the leader and man of this team? And how do you guys feel about the Cassel loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Hello Mr. Geoff, my question for you is when will we see Vinve him self finally step up and be the leader and man of this team? And how do you guys feel about the Cassel loss?
    We feel that Vince has shown that he is a more than capable leader and we are very proud to have him on our team. Ever year, Vince Carter has increased his scoring, every year he has been to the All-Star game, and every year he has taken us to the playoffs. I've spoken to the coaches and they have said he is as focused as ever and that the early playoff exits have motivated him even more. I was even told he has improved his ball handling quite a bit so it'll be interesting to see that extra dimension to his game this year. Of course we have not had the success we would like to see in the playoffs, but this is a team game, and we will never blame a single player for a loss just like we would never accredit a win to a single player. We win as a team, and we lose as a team.

As for Sam, we were very sad to see him go. However, once we realized that he was not going to be re-signing with us, we quickly targeted a replacement for him. We were delighted to find out All NBA Point Guard Terrell Brandon was interested in joining us on our mission to a championship, and of course we were able to sign him. Terrell is a terrific veteran leader on and off the court and we feel he will be a terrific point guard for us. He defends with the best of them, he can score, he can pass, and he can rebound. We really feel that he is the complete package at PG and will help us move on from losing Sam.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Which of your players needs to take the biggest step this year, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Which of your players needs to take the biggest step this year, and why?
    I hate to put pressure on any of the guys, but I think with Vin gone, we're going to have to call on Zydrunas to score a little more in the post. His scoring went down a little bit last year and I'm not quite sure why. Perhaps it was the trade and the chemistry; I'm not really sure. But he's here for a while now and we expect him to help us more in the post this season. I know he's working hard and definitively up to the challenge.

Thread Information