Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cody Zeller

Cody Zeller

What are the chances we end up with Cody Zeller playing along side Unibrow?

I think that would be one serious dynamic duo.

what are the chances we win back to back lotteries?
    Hornets fan since day 1.

He's gonna go top 3 so its gonna be tough, mostly likely we will be drafting a SF or C like poythress or that Alex dude from maryland who owned nerlens noel.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He's gonna go top 3 so its gonna be tough, mostly likely we will be drafting a SF or C like poythress or that Alex dude from maryland who owned nerlens noel.
    I know I'm probably in a very small minority but I'm already rooting for us to lose. It's obvious that we're not going to the playoffs and that EG10 won't be back until (best case) mid December - probably much later. Ditto for AD23. So what's the point of winning 30 games and winding up with the 7th pick when we are truly thin and young enough to finish with a bottom 3 record and get a top 3 pick - a true piece for our rebuild.

If you want to talk about following the OKC model that entails this year being horrible record-wise and then making a mammoth leap next season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    I know I'm probably in a very small minority but I'm already rooting for us to lose.
    I'm with you and I'm not afraid to post it on a message board!

I see him as the most likely to fall on draft night.

i think shabazz will end up being the top pick when its all said and done. So we wouldn't need to actually win the lottery again. Heres hoping we can land a top 3 though. If stern actually rigged the davis lottery for us i hope he throws us another bone this year. Not that i think he did, but a man can hope can't he?

Mark my words. Zeller won't be the first pick. I know it. Quote me. Put in on a postcard. Turn it into a fortune cookie. Make it a motivational poster. He won't be. No doubt.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    While I would like us to get a very good draft pick, I believe it is very dangerous to establish losing as the norm for a franchise. While things have gone great for OKC, they got lucky to an extent and nailed 4 huge draft picks. Durant was obvious, but Westbrook was a project, Harden wasn't a sure thing, and Ibaka was even more of a project than Westbrook. What if they miss on the Westbrook pick for example? For every OKC there are all of the Kings, Wizards, Bobcats, and Pistons of the NBA.

More than anything I'm pulling for growth for the team. If we win good, we're learning how to win, if we lose, okay then we're going to have a better draft pick. But regardless, we're going to end up with a good pick and the chance to find a good player. You don't need a top 5 pick to get a great player in the draft.

Good teams/systems have a better chance of developing a late lottery pick than a horrible team does a top 5 pick.
    Last edited by Bee-Fense; 11-27-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    While I would like us to get a very good draft pick, I believe it is very dangerous to establish losing as the norm for a franchise. While things have gone great for OKC, they got lucky to an extent and nailed 4 huge draft picks. Durant was obvious, but Westbrook was a project, Harden wasn't a sure thing, and Ibaka was even more of a project than Westbrook. What if they miss on the Westbrook pick for example? For every OKC there are all of the Kings, Wizards, Bobcats, and Pistons of the NBA.

More than anything I'm pulling for growth for the team. If we win good, we're learning how to win, if we lose, okay then we're going to have a better draft pick. But regardless, we're going to end up with a good pick.
    You don't really have much to worry about as this is all just fan talk. Watching the Hornets night in and night out, it's pretty obvious to see that they play with a lot of effort and there are no evidence that shows they are losing games on purpose. If there's one thing that this team doesn't do night in and night out, it's trying to lose games.

The Clippers had a bunch of top 10 draft picks back to back to back and they remained trash. Just because OKC got lucky doesn't mean the next team can build what they've built. I just can't cheer for my team to lose just for a chance to get a player that may be a bust. Zeller is cool but i'd rather see the Hornets in the playoffs this year.

I see the Hornets having a decent chance at landing Zeller Or Nerlens Noel, if u look at the current order of team ranks and their needs:

1. Washington - Shazbazz Muhammad - they have okafor and nene, need another scorer and SF badly
    2. Toronto - Alex Poythress - have lowry and derzon, valanciunas is really developing nicely, and have ed davis, need a SF, mcguire wont cut it
    3. Cleveland - James Mcadoo - they have varejao and tyler zeller with irving and waiters, need an all around sf/pf
    4. Detroit - Archie Goodwin - need someone who can score at will and really need to upgrade at the SG, great future backcourt w knight.
    5. Sacrmento - Marcus Smart - a combo guard in the dwayde, westbrook mold, need a PG badly, jimmer wont cut it.
    6. New Orleans - Nerlens Noel or Cody Zeller
    7. Orlando - Nerlens Noel or Cody Zeller
    who would yall rather?

Rookie
    I don't think it even matters on team needs, no team is letting Noel or Zeller fall past 3.
    Washington/Toronto is not passing on Noel/Zeller because of Ed Davis and Okafor...

This draft looks to be very good if you need a big man. Outside of Zeller and Noel, Guys like Alex Len, Rudy Gobert, Isiah Austin, Steven Adams, Mason Plumlee, Jeff Withey, and Willie Cauley Stein(if he enters) will make this draft very deep for bigs.

Everyone said this draft is weak but the more you look into it, the deeper it's looking as each and every day passes.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    This draft looks to be very good if you need a big man. Outside of Zeller and Noel, Guys like Alex Len, Rudy Gobert, Isiah Austin, Steven Adams, Mason Plumlee, Jeff Withey, and Willie Cauley Stein(if he enters) will make this draft very deep for bigs.

Everyone said this draft is weak but the more you look into it, the deeper it's looking as each and every day passes.
    I think I like Alex Len as somewhat of a sleeper pick among the bigs.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Mark my words. Zeller won't be the first pick. I know it. Quote me. Put in on a postcard. Turn it into a fortune cookie. Make it a motivational poster. He won't be. No doubt.
    Because he is white right?

I see the Hornets having a decent chance at landing Zeller Or Nerlens Noel, if u look at the current order of team ranks and their needs:

1. Washington - Shazbazz Muhammad - they have okafor and nene, need another scorer and SF badly
    2. Toronto - Alex Poythress - have lowry and derzon, valanciunas is really developing nicely, and have ed davis, need a SF, mcguire wont cut it
    3. Cleveland - James Mcadoo - they have varejao and tyler zeller with irving and waiters, need an all around sf/pf
    4. Detroit - Archie Goodwin - need someone who can score at will and really need to upgrade at the SG, great future backcourt w knight.
    5. Sacrmento - Marcus Smart - a combo guard in the dwayde, westbrook mold, need a PG badly, jimmer wont cut it.
    who would yall rather?

I like Poythress and Mcadoo but no way do I see them going before Zeller and Noel. Or Smart.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    You can tell a team isn't playing well when the fans are already talking draft in November.

Cody Zeller

who would yall rather?
    I don't see why Washington would go Muhammad, unless he is just so much better than the rest of the class. They already have John Wall and Bradley Beal (Jordan Crawford off the bench). If you asked me their need would be SF (Ariza's eventual replacement) or PF/C (Nene and Emeka are both 30).

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Alex Len.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    I like Poythress and Mcadoo but no way do I see them going before Zeller and Noel. Or Smart.
    poythress and mcadoo might not go before zeller and noel but definetly before smart, and i was a smart fan before anyone on this board even knew who he was and before people jumped on the bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I don't see why Washington would go Muhammad, unless he is just so much better than the rest of the class. They already have John Wall and Bradley Beal (Jordan Crawford off the bench). If you asked me their need would be SF (Ariza's eventual replacement) or PF/C (Nene and Emeka are both 30).
    I was referring to shabazz playing SF for them

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    Bazz is a SF.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Zeller is going top five. His skills as a big don't come by everyday. I'm not a fan of nerlens noel. But with that said. I think we go for a backcourt player. Even if that means trading down.... Shabazz or Archie would be great, depending on our Gordon situation.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

not according to draft express

Thread Information